Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Duren. Otherwise I don't see any players I'd obviously rank above Sochan at 9. I don't remember Bilas's top picks at that point, but he had like AJ Griffin and some other usual suspects there. He was also wildly wrong about Jaden Hardy.
    Bilas Seemed to like the pick after the draft was over with though. He was on SportsCenter and SVP asked him who he thought some of the steals in the First Round were, and 2 of the 3 players he named were Sochan and Branham. He especially liked the Branham pick and said he thought he would be a lottery pick or close to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt Chip could work on Sochan’s shooting. His shooting mechanics are not all that bad. Keldon’s was way high, almost touching the roof. Everything else on Sochan’s offense is fine, plus he is another playmaker out there. I’m sure Poeltl will benefit from his help defense and ability to find him down low. Plus Sochan ability to help Keldon recover on faster SF, allowing Keldon to play 3 and D.

Once and for all, I want to rest that narrative that Poeltl hurts from overhelping caused by Keldon.

Murray, Vassell, Keldon, Sochan, Poeltl

Vassell needs to get his lateral speed and be a better lockdown defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, you know the NBA sucks when a top ten pick is considered a draft and stash prospect to be a rotational player 3 years from now. Imagine this being the case in the NFL. The league wouldn’t exist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this pick and i think it's the better one for the fit. Sochan will give us a lot of things and i really have hopes on his offensive upside. I think he will develop into a solid player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, that defense should win some of Spurs close game. Plus Devin, Keldon, Primo, Zollins getting better, additionally DJ with the chip on his shoulder. I can see them like the Coach Bud’s young Hawks before, overachieving. Sochan could be very infectious, on top of Keldon’s.

Wow Keldon and Sochan could be the new Bad Boys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, that defense should win some of Spurs close game. Plus Devin, Keldon, Primo, Zollins getting better, additionally DJ with the chip on his shoulder. I can see them like the Coach Bud’s young Hawks before, overachieving. Sochan could be very infectious, on top of Keldon’s.

Wow Keldon and Sochan could be the new Bad Boys
    It’s gonna be fun!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak
    Jeremy
    Vassel
    JRich
    DJ

This would be our best defensive lineup? Thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak
    Jeremy
    Vassel
    JRich
    DJ

This would be our best defensive lineup? Thinking.
    J-Rich is actually not a bad lockdown defender. And all others are great help defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Granted his shooting numbers were in his freshman year, but I don't think we can write him off already in terms of not being able to start him along side Jakob. His shooting could improve a little come October that his defense, passing and rebounding along with at least mediocre shooting will be worth starting him. He can slash too and get to the rim off the dribble so even if his shooting is still bad this season he can still be really effective offensively imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bilas Seemed to like the pick after the draft was over with though. He was on SportsCenter and SVP asked him who he thought some of the steals in the First Round were, and 2 of the 3 players he named were Sochan and Branham. He especially liked the Branham pick and said he thought he would be a lottery pick or close to it.
    Here’s what I’m referring to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe his jump shot will come along, but it‘s hard for me to see Pop starting a player in the NBA who was a bench player in college

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i watch his clips.

his feel for the game is amazing. Reminds me of Rodman.
    he actually has a feel for offense. definitely some kirilenko/draymond vibes on that end

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people who watched the full games: how is his rebounding?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people who watched the full games: how is his rebounding?
    I feel he's a good rebounder.

I throw back this, interesting and you have some about rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he learns how to shoot he will be a match up nightmare for opposing teams

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be prepared to be disappointed... Not only do i not think he will start on day 1... I think he will be in the g league
    Could see it. If the brain trust decides the best way to fix his shot is with a lot of in-game reps, it'd make sense to put him the G-league as featured guy and get him a ton of shots...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rare to have a player who's just fun to watch on defense. His reactions and fast twitch decisions are special. He does make mistakes -- he just turned 19 -- but Pop and any other coach is going to love him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they misrated Sochan, same as Jay Bilas, who had trouble letting it go that the Spurs took him too soon. Was the first thing when a possibly coked-up Scott Drew came on to talk about the pick for Baylor's program.
    Hahaha he was lit up for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see him being stuck in G League, but I also don't see him starting games, at least in the early part of the season. He will come of the bench cuz of the D and be asked to stand in the corner on the offensive side and launch the occasional 3. Basically the rookie Nephew role, iirc. Primo/Jones/Zollins should handle most of the offense in that unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, how does he compare to Kawhi upon entry?

Curious to know your thoughts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for the video! This pumps me up for next season!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, how does he compare to Kawhi upon entry?

Curious to know your thoughts
    Sochan (a freshman) actually shot a ch better from three than Kawhi (a sop re) by .005%, but worse from the stripe. Sochan shot a good bit better overall, but carried less of an offensive load. Kawhi has him in most advanced stats, but not by a ton, and again was a year older coming out. (https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-kawhi-leonard)

Kawhi feels more like a 3/4 and strictly a 3 the way the NBA was, Sochan maybe more of a 4/5 or strict 4 and I believe he's taller. Kawhi feels like a more impressive individual defender coming out of college, Sochan is sort of more of a better team defender. Strangely a 'connector' defender, which is honestly not a category I think exists necessarily.

tl/dr:

Kawhi - more of an SF, incredible man-to-man and individual defender, carried more of an offensive load, a prickly, non-team-oriented asshole
    Sochan - more of a PF, great team and switch defender, less of a scorer, perhaps a better facilitator, younger by a year, a charming personality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information