Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Legend 'Surprised' by Selection of Jeremy Sochan

Sochan became the team's highest draft pick since Tim Duncan after going ninth overall on Thursday

But former Spurs great Avery Johnson was caught off guard by the selection and explained his reasoning.

"I'm a little bit surprised," Johnson said during CBS Sports' draft coverage. "He's not going to come in and be a rotation player. I think this is a situation where this kid spends a lot of his first year or two in the G League. I think this is a pick where (the Spurs) are projecting him in three years."
    "This is a situation where they think this is a player they can develop."

San Antonio Spurs Legend Avery Johnson 'Surprised' by Selection of Jeremy Sochan in NBA Draft - Sports Illustrated Inside The Spurs, Analysis and More

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I'm reading he is ready to go from the start, at least defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Legend 'Surprised' by Selection of Jeremy Sochan

Sochan became the team's highest draft pick since Tim Duncan after going ninth overall on Thursday

But former Spurs great Avery Johnson was caught off guard by the selection and explained his reasoning.

"I'm a little bit surprised," Johnson said during CBS Sports' draft coverage. "He's not going to come in and be a rotation player. I think this is a situation where this kid spends a lot of his first year or two in the G League. I think this is a pick where (the Spurs) are projecting him in three years."
    "This is a situation where they think this is a player they can develop."

San Antonio Spurs Legend Avery Johnson 'Surprised' by Selection of Jeremy Sochan in NBA Draft - Sports Illustrated Inside The Spurs, Analysis and
    More
    It sounds more like Avery doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Sochan is the best overall defender on this draft and Spurs top 4 in big board if you ask me, next only to Banchero, Chet and Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avery is a horrible analyst. His takes often give me second hand embarrassment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Legend' lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I'm reading he is ready to go from the start, at least defensively.
    Offensively as well. He's just not a very efficient shooter, but he's much better offensively than many make him out to be. He's super smart, can handle the ball, is a very good and willing passer, knows how to set screens, cut, score in a number of ways.. he's not even that horrible of a shooter as some make him out to be. Should be an instant rotation player, maybe Pop slows him A BIT, but if Primo played as much as he did last year with the play in in mind, no way Sochan doesn't play a good chunk of minutes this year that we're focusing on development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensively as well. He's just not a very efficient shooter, but he's much better offensively than many make him out to be. He's super smart, can handle the ball, is a very good and willing passer, knows how to set screens, cut, score in a number of ways.. he's not even that horrible of a shooter as some make him out to be. Should be an instant rotation player, maybe Pop slows him A BIT, but if Primo played as much as he did last year with the play in in mind, no way Sochan doesn't play a good chunk of minutes this year that we're focusing on development.
    What interests me besides the obvious Gorilla Tape like defense, is Sochan was used as a PG at times. Knowing Pop, he will develop Sochan as another facilitator, a Point Forward, especially with the impending departure of DJ. And that will open a lot of his game. I will not be shocked if Sochan would be in the running for ROY. And once Sochan develops his NBA body, putting 25 lbs of muscle, watch out we might have a bully in the making.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What interests me besides the obvious Gorilla Tape like defense, is Sochan was used as a PG at times. Knowing Pop, he will develop Sochan as another facilitator, a Point Forward, especially with the impending departure of DJ. And that will open a lot of his game. I will not be shocked if Sochan would be in the running for ROY. And once Sochan develops his NBA body, putting 25 lbs of muscle, watch out we might have a bully in the making.
    Sochan won't put up enough offensive stats to be in the running for ROY. It will go to the highest player offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki lookin confused as

At least Jeremy and Blake were acting somewhat interested lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The facilitator part of Sochan's game is what I think a lot of Spur's fans don't know about yet. I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki lookin confused as

At least Jeremy and Blake were acting somewhat interested lol.

Passin' Covid all around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki and Jeremy can’t even drive yet bruh . These boys are gonna be car-pooling to games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha how are they not already riding 250k whips

Mic e Beadle in cougar mode. She is annoying AF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Passin' Covid all around.
    Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan, the ninth pick in last week's draft, has entered the NBA's health and safety protocols.

He will miss the entirety of the team's mini camp in preparation for Summer League, and could miss Summer League itself.
    https://t.co/39mxyCqdW1 via @expressnews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan, the ninth pick in last week's draft, has entered the NBA's health and safety protocols.

He will miss the entirety of the team's mini camp in preparation for Summer League, and could miss Summer League itself.
    https://t.co/39mxyCqdW1 via @expressnews
    such a damn shame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked this pick a lot more when I thought the Spurs were keeping the core intact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked this pick a lot more when I thought the Spurs were keeping the core intact.
    yea but its not badd if hes free to play and you aren't trying to complete either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha how are they not already riding 250k whips

Mic e Beadle in cougar mode. She is annoying AF.
    Same. She’s annoying as . Listened to like a minute of her podcast and had to turn it off. She’s your classic middle-aged, single chick with like 6 pets that’s super opinionated and es about everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same tbh. These next couple drafts are gonna be huge for us. Really need to find some franchise guys or we’re fooked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same tbh. These next couple drafts are gonna be huge for us. Really need to find some franchise guys or we’re fooked.
    This next draft spurs gotta stay in that top3. Gonna be a loong rebuild but one stud can change alot quickly . Of course pop will be gone as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New hair color

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we get to see him get some SL reps. I’m starting to think PATFO may play him at the 5 more than we originally thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t look like he’s in isolation anymore for covid protocols.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he recovers fast from covid and is ready to go for summer league. Excited to see him play.

Thread Information