Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    ......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avery Johnson sounded like he didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. Saying Sochan would spend a year or two in the G League because he only averaged 9 points a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the NCAA OFFseason began he was one of my favorites for us if we didn’t move up in the draft.

im happy with the pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds of his starting game 1?
    I like Sochan chances of starting most of his rookie season but game 1……..

I don’t know. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes already my favorite player. Maybe it's just the hair but im a fan
    Looks familiar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea Avery’s clearly talking out of his ass here. Sochan is not going to spend the next 2 years in Austin..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude’s personality will be one of the most likable we’ve had since Keldon. He also reminds me of Diaw and Manu in terms of being a “man of the world”. He has very interesting views and preaches about staying in the present a lot.

also, he looks like that dude from one of my favorite recent movies: Waves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this starts to mark the end of the Spurs playing small ball. I don't know much about this guy but I have heard he's a very good defensive player, but his offense isn't good.
    His SHOOTING isn't good, but he's Diaw in every way except temperment. The rest of his offense is fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid sounds genuinely ecstatic to play for Pop. I think he’ll anchor the defensive culture like Draymond does. He’s a great help defense so I think he could have a positive effect on Poeltl. Needs to work with Chip which I don’t have a doubt can help him improve his shooting. Great pick!!!

My 2nd combination choice after Davis/Eason
    Sochan/Jaylen, but both guards have 6’10” reach I think?
    I'm pretty sure Sochan's wingspan is 7'2"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he starts on Day 1. It makes you think we could have a legit candidate for ROY based on the role Sochan could be playing as possibly defensive anchor of the team. I’m stoked with what Chip could unfold on his shooting game. His mechanics are not bad.
    starting Sochan and Poeltl would hurt the offense. He's much better suited to come off the bench with Collins tbh. Spurs can't play 2 non-shooters and we're not even sure if DJ can hit the 3 at a respectable rate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting Sochan and Poeltl would hurt the offense. He's much better suited to come off the bench with Collins tbh. Spurs can't play 2 non-shooters and we're not even sure if DJ can hit the 3 at a respectable rate
    I was just about to say the same thing, doesn't make sense to play 2 non shooters. Only way he starts is if we trade Poeltl. Keldon will start at the 4 if we keep Peoltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report gave this pick a C-, one of the lowest grades for First Round picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report gave this pick a C-, one of the lowest grades for First Round picks
    I think they misrated Sochan, same as Jay Bilas, who had trouble letting it go that the Spurs took him too soon. Was the first thing when a possibly coked-up Scott Drew came on to talk about the pick for Baylor's program.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they misrated Sochan, same as Jay Bilas, who had trouble letting it go that the Spurs took him too soon. Was the first thing when a possibly coked-up Scott Drew came on to talk about the pick for Baylor's program.
    Yeah I was just laughing because Bleacher Report is trash as usual. While I'm not too high on Sochan myself (wanted Duren), it wasn't worthy of a C-.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was just laughing because Bleacher Report is trash as usual. While I'm not too high on Sochan myself (wanted Duren), it wasn't worthy of a C-.
    I can see Duren. Otherwise I don't see any players I'd obviously rank above Sochan at 9. I don't remember Bilas's top picks at that point, but he had like AJ Griffin and some other usual suspects there. He was also wildly wrong about Jaden Hardy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C-………lol GTFO! This man is multi faceted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. That makes me feel even better. BR is one of the least informative basketball sites on the planet. Pure clickbait.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The love child of dennis rodman& bruce bowen comes to our fair city
    Perhaps Diaw could be his godfather as well? Just spitballing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he starts on Day 1. It makes you think we could have a legit candidate for ROY based on the role Sochan could be playing as possibly defensive anchor of the team. I’m stoked with what Chip could unfold on his shooting game. His mechanics are not bad.
    Be prepared to be disappointed... Not only do i not think he will start on day 1... I think he will be in the g league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Sochan's wingspan is 7'2"
    I meant Malaki and Wesley. They have defensive upsides with their long wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just about to say the same thing, doesn't make sense to play 2 non shooters. Only way he starts is if we trade Poeltl. Keldon will start at the 4 if we keep Peoltl.
    Sochan has nice forms. If he learn to shoot, he would be most effective with Poeltl. Once and for all I like to rest the narrative that Poeltl is not effective because he had to help Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avery thinks he's a project who will spend the next 2 years in the G-League. That's not the narrative I've been reading.

Avery doesn't know .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. In theory, yeah, two non shooters in the sams lineup is killer in the NBA nowadays, but Sochan and Poeltl are very strong offensively on everything else. Underrated ball handlers for their position, very good passers and elite finisher at the rim. Add to that a high BBIQ and they might make it work.

And the defense, man, the defense should be something else. The Celtics proved hoe far a good defense can still take you in today's NBA, despite having a very dysfunctional offense.

Thread Information