Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2321
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Scoot, they should include Tre in any trade package they’re looking at now and all the way til draft night. It would probably make other teams’ offers more enticing since Tre might have good value right now.

Between Scoot, Whitmore, and George, the Spurs have an opportunity to add a potent #1 go-to scorer that they haven’t had since DeMar left. Exciting times.
    I haven't had much time yet to watch actual college basketball yet, so I'm basically going mostly by clips and highlights. But so far Keyonte George seems to me like an inefficient volume scorer (he's shooting below 40% overall), though he's about 35% from 3 and 80% from the line. Granted, his shot selection should improve with time, but also he seems rather smallish, listed at 6'4" but probably a couple of inches shorter in reality. Not a bad ṕrospect by any means, but IMO underwhelming as the product of a tanking season.
    With Cam Whitmore I'm more optimistic, I like his combination of ball handling, skills, scoring potential, and athleticism, but I'm also worried he's a bit undersized (listed at 6'7" but probably closer to 6'6") to play the 4 in the NBA. I think he should be a very good pro in the NBA, but again, I don't think he's the player you build around. Still, he's someone at least worthy of serious consideration if we pick outside the top 2.
    All in all, for the time being I'll defer to those of you who have watched more than I have, but I can't help but to feel underwhelmed by what I've seen outside the top 2... so far I'm leaning towards Whitmore and Brandon Miller, but really, really hoping it doesn't get to that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure of Sochan's play, as good as it is, is enough to pass on Scoot, however if we did land at 2 I'd hope we'd explore what we could get for Scoot to move back if it wasn't to far.

For instance, if Orlando coveted Scoot and had the 4th and 7th picks (from the Chicago trade) I'd trade back for those picks if it's on the table.
    Tempting but I think spurs have to go Scoot at 2. He projects to be a big time talent and is at a position of urgent need for the team and in the modern NBA
    Last edited by CGD; 01-29-2023 at 08:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't had much time yet to watch actual college basketball yet, so I'm basically going mostly by clips and highlights. But so far Keyonte George seems to me like an inefficient volume scorer (he's shooting below 40% overall), though he's about 35% from 3 and 80% from the line. Granted, his shot selection should improve with time, but also he seems rather smallish, listed at 6'4" but probably a couple of inches shorter in reality. Not a bad ṕrospect by any means, but IMO underwhelming as the product of a tanking season.
    With Cam Whitmore I'm more optimistic, I like his combination of ball handling, skills, scoring potential, and athleticism, but I'm also worried he's a bit undersized (listed at 6'7" but probably closer to 6'6") to play the 4 in the NBA. I think he should be a very good pro in the NBA, but again, I don't think he's the player you build around. Still, he's someone at least worthy of serious consideration if we pick outside the top 2.
    All in all, for the time being I'll defer to those of you who have watched more than I have, but I can't help but to feel underwhelmed by what I've seen outside the top 2... so far I'm leaning towards Whitmore and Brandon Miller, but really, really hoping it doesn't get to that.
    I'm firmly in the camp of this being a very down draft year. As good as this year's was, if missing a clear number one, this next one looks decidedly unimpressive.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan knack for the game is way advanced beyond his age.. I am really impressed with his demeanour and his 'not-fazed' at ude playing the big boys in the league..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tempting but I think spurs have to go Scoot at 2. He projects to be a big time talent and is at a position of urgent need for the team and in the modern NBA
    That's a legitimate opinion for sure... I'm just not quite sold on him being that level of a player, although I readily admit that the consensus out there agrees with your take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a legitimate opinion for sure... I'm just not quite sold on him being that level of a player, although I readily admit that the consensus out there agrees with your take.
    He's the best prospect in years (since Ja in '19, I have him before Haliburton, Cunningham, Giddey, Ivey) at our biggest position of need. No way we pass him for anyone other than Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs aren’t good enough to pass on the best player available for hypothetical fits. 2 years ago we were angry at the thought of picking guards because we already had Murray Walker and white.

Just keep stacking as much talent you can for now and worry about fit later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the plan is to play Sochan at PG going forward, wonder if that means if the spurs landed the #2 pick they would skip on Scoot Henderson
    You don’t skip on a pick. That’s a free reward for a team behind you. You trade back for assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would loooove to trade the second pick for a ransom if we don't get Vic. That would be awesome.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever seen you use the laughing emoji and agreed with you, (insert laughing emoji), but sure, having Jeremy as full-time point guard has challenges, but it’s called development, and besides, the whole team has questions for who can successfully play point. Jones is competent and minimizes mistakes but is not dynamic like Jeremy when he gets on a role. I don’t see what is so definitive about anything. Would I give Jeremy more time practicing the point? Yes, what is the argument not to?
    His court vision is good but not elite, a big portion of his offense is via cutting and also offensive outback, playing him as PG actually would reduce his effectiveness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the best prospect in years (since Ja in '19, I have him before Haliburton, Cunningham, Giddey, Ivey) at our biggest position of need. No way we pass him for anyone other than Wemby.
    This discussion makes me think the spurs should go harder for Kuminga at this deadline. If they get Scoot, spurs all the sudden have lots of interesting pieces, though, unfortunately it may mean keldon’s days are numbered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His court vision is good but not elite, a big portion of his offense is via cutting and also offensive outback, playing him as PG actually would reduce his effectiveness.
    Sochan is too fast for most guys his position, too big for guards. I don't think he's a full time PG, but he's an instant match up problem for many teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is too fast for most guys his position, too big for guards. I don't think he's a full time PG, but he's an instant match up problem for many teams.
    On the defensive side, I’m not even sure how metrics are accurately measuring how good (or bad) he’s doing on that side. He’s constantly switching, and probably the gap between him and the next player as far as switching frequency goes is wide. How do you even track that? I think it’s not tilting in his favor because of this reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would loooove to trade the second pick for a ransom if we don't get Vic. That would be awesome.
    Based on how multiple draft picks have been flying around in the past year or so , some team might give away a small fortune for scoot. Not than I'm for that move but I could see it happening. Lots of possibilities in and around draft time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This discussion makes me think the spurs should go harder for Kuminga at this deadline. If they get Scoot, spurs all the sudden have lots of interesting pieces, though, unfortunately it may mean keldon’s days are numbered.
    Spurs apparently want no part of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan would be a Point-Forward playing beside Scoot, and PG if Spurs fortunately land Wemby. That would be a great problem, for sure Pop would not mind having.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever seen you use the laughing emoji and agreed with you, (insert laughing emoji), but sure, having Jeremy as full-time point guard has challenges, but it’s called development, and besides, the whole team has questions for who can successfully play point. Jones is competent and minimizes mistakes but is not dynamic like Jeremy when he gets on a role. I don’t see what is so definitive about anything. Would I give Jeremy more time practicing the point? Yes, what is the argument not to?
    At thinking that's a diss and the lack of basic reading comprehension.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most recent Sam Vecenie Game Theory podcast spends about 10 minutes on Sochan at the end, maybe starting around 80 minute mark or so

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At thinking that's a diss and the lack of basic reading comprehension.
    No, just trying to have a conversation about Jeremy and his skills and his potential role on the team. You know, talk about basketball. I see you weren’t responding to me but I decided to respond to you.

Anyway…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude. This kid is going to be the FACE of the Spurs and there is no question unless Wemby gets drafted and even then...

He is trending to special.
    Maybe Manu special.
    I know! Too soon, but it's there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the defensive side, I’m not even sure how metrics are accurately measuring how good (or bad) he’s doing on that side. He’s constantly switching, and probably the gap between him and the next player as far as switching frequency goes is wide. How do you even track that? I think it’s not tilting in his favor because of this reason.
    Totally agree with this. Because of his switching, it's really hard to gauge him. It either means he needed to stay home on his man or that he needs better players around him. By and large his help defender would be Poeltl though who until this year was thought of as a defensive anchor for us. So perhaps it means Sochan should not be switching as often as he seems to do.

Quite frankly our defensive woes seem so deep and numerous this year especially that it's really hard to nail down where we suck. But suck we do. Historically unrivaled suckage.

Thread Information