Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan is great. I leaned more towards Tari Eason, but Sochan seems like he’s going to be a fan favorite. And he plays with a edge, which is needed.
    Tari was a 21YO Sop re, 2 years older and only one more year of experience than Sochan. He also had a weird energy that his teammates seemed to react to negatively. Glad we passed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Eason's going to have a great early impact for a season or two but then sort of fade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan is great. I leaned more towards Tari Eason, but Sochan seems like he’s going to be a fan favorite. And he plays with a edge, which is needed.
    I can’t help comparing Eason to JaVale McGee. Great athlete but not all up there.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did well in Summer League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, very well. Better than anyone on our summer league squad. I’m happy with Sochan at 9 but if Eason fell to 20 he may have made sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan gets a pass for any mention of mental issues while Eason got criticized for his examples of weird or crazy behaviour. Can someone explain this to a dumb guy like me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaVale got a Gold. But the comparison athletic freak whose iq might be suspect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaVale got a Gold. But the comparison athletic freak whose iq might be suspect
    I don’t really see the comparison to JaVale. If you squint from 1000 yards away I guess I can see what you’re talking about very vaguely, but it’s different concerns for different types of IQ. As I understood it, the concern about Tari Eason is that he has low basketball IQ and dominates the ball, whereas the issue with JaVale is that he is an airhead and does weird mistakes on the court like JR Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan gets a pass for any mention of mental issues while Eason got criticized for his examples of weird or crazy behaviour. Can someone explain this to a dumb guy like me
    I think they both should get a pass, honestly. I don’t see a problem with either one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson looked All NBA In SL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All mental issues are not the same. Sounds like Sochan may suffer from a mild depression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, very well. Better than anyone on our summer league squad. I’m happy with Sochan at 9 but if Eason fell to 20 he may have made sense.
    The only gripe I have is that we could have gotten him (if we had moved forward the Dejounte trade) or Duren (using a pick like Detroit did). Either one of them would have made a lot of sense, even with Sochan aboard. But overall I'm happy with Branham as well, and at least I can't really complain since I think this is probably our best draft in the past 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All mental issues are not the same. Sounds like Sochan may suffer from a mild depression.
    Lots of people do. As long as it's manageable and not invalidating, which doesn't seem to be the case at all, I'd rather have that than an addicted psycho like Myles Bridges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson looked All NBA In SL.
    Kyle is a success story. He still has a good career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle is a success story. He still has a good career.
    The point wasn’t that he can’t play. The point was that SL performance is a ty indicator of NBA performance. Kyle is a solid NBA rotation player, something a lot of #30 picks never become.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear what you’re saying, but if we start throwing out college games, and throwing out summer league, and then throwing out G league as all being poor indicators for success, then we don’t have much to work with other than the actual games and that makes it harder to evaluate younger players.

If this is indirectly related to Tari Eason, I’d say he dominated college last year, he dominated summer league recently, so while that doesn’t mean he’s going to be MVP, it doesn’t mean he’s going to suck either.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One is on the Spurs, the other on the Rockets.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got a clown looking player, excellent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tari dominating in college is a strong word… he did great statistically, but he wasn’t relied on to score, he came off the bench (which probably is the reason his advanced metrics look good) and he choked big time during the tournament.

I reserve that word for guys like Zion, KD, Anthony Davis who did spectacular in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect Sochan to be a 6 and 6 guy. But it's the little things I'm on the look out for. A high energy guy who dives for loose balls and gets the passion for the game into the fans hearts. My rookie goal for him is Malik Rose. I really want to see him in the right position on defense towards March/April and take charges or he tips the ball out for an offensive rebound. I'm not worried about his dribbling or offensive moveset at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tari dominating in college is a strong word… he did great statistically, but he wasn’t relied on to score, he came off the bench (which probably is the reason his advanced metrics look good) and he choked big time during the tournament.

I reserve that word for guys like Zion, KD, Anthony Davis who did spectacular in college.
    Fair. I should have wrote “kicked ass”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear what you’re saying, but if we start throwing out college games, and throwing out summer league, and then throwing out G league as all being poor indicators for success, then we don’t have much to work with other than the actual games and that makes it harder to evaluate younger players.

If this is indirectly related to Tari Eason, I’d say he dominated college last year, he dominated summer league recently, so while that doesn’t mean he’s going to be MVP, it doesn’t mean he’s going to suck either.
    Of all of those, SL is by far the worst level of comp. It’s pure trash, and not even comparable to the other two. Here’s my non-NBA rankings.

Euroleague
    Normal gleague
    NCAA
    NBL
    gleague Ignite short season spoiled brats
    China
    SL
    Overtime Elite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can all agree Sochan’s nickname is hence forth and forevermore…. SPRINKLES!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can all agree Sochan’s nickname is hence forth and forevermore…. SPRINKLES!!!

Thread Information