Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What former player would you compare his game to?
    Current player -- Devin Booker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a slightly smaller, more adapt passing version of Michael Redd.

Redd was more of a wing, while Branham has more combo guard potential.

I wish him and Keldon would switch places in the rotation, but that might happen sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a slightly smaller, more adapt passing version of Michael Redd.

Redd was more of a wing, while Branham has more combo guard potential.

I wish him and Keldon would switch places in the rotation, but that might happen sooner than later.
    If Branham can't play defense, I don't see him ever starting. He's just terrible on that end. He'd create a mess for everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What former player would you compare his game to?
    A shorter Steve “Smitty” Smith. He has that cool cat at ude, cool under pressure, cool hand Luke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Branham can't play defense, I don't see him ever starting. He's just terrible on that end. He'd create a mess for everyone else.
    I agree that his defense needs to improve, but it's not like Keldon is a world-beater on that end.

I'd rather have Malaki's potential shot-creation and passing alongside Zach/Jeremy, Victor, Devin, and Tre. Keldon just isn't a long-term answer at either SF or PF, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that his defense needs to improve, but it's not like Keldon is a world-beater on that end.

I'd rather have Malaki's potential shot-creation and passing alongside Zach/Jeremy, Victor, Devin, and Tre. Keldon just isn't a long-term answer at either SF or PF, IMO.
    I don't want to compare him to Johnson here. But Malaki is alarmingly awful at defense. Completely dies on screens. Doesn't use lateral quickness. Often just gives up on active plays and watches what happens. Needs to hit the boards and get defensive rebound. He has a long, long way to go. I'm a huge Branham fan, but if he cannot improve here I don't see how he can start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to compare him to Johnson here. But Malaki is alarmingly awful at defense. Completely dies on screens. Doesn't use lateral quickness. Often just gives up on active plays and watches what happens. Needs to hit the boards and get defensive rebound. He has a long, long way to go. I'm a huge Branham fan, but if he cannot improve here I don't see how he can start.
    I totally agree with your assessment of Malaki's (lack of) defense, but Keldon has unequivocally been one of the worse defenders in the NBA the last two seasons.

I'd rather have Malaki and Devin playing/defending their more natural positions than worrying about how to hide Keldon on that end.

His offense can probably benefit from the gravity Victor can/will provide, but he'll be the opposing team's #1 target on offense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only guy taking Keldon out of the starting five is Sochan. Tre/Dev/Mal starting lineup is way to small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally agree with your assessment of Malaki's (lack of) defense, but Keldon has unequivocally been one of the worse defenders in the NBA the last two seasons.

I'd rather have Malaki and Devin playing/defending their more natural positions than worrying about how to hide Keldon on that end.

His offense can probably benefit from the gravity Victor can/will provide, but he'll be the opposing team's #1 target on offense.

Keldon is best at 6th man Manu role. I don’t know how well he would take that, but Manu was a Hofer at that role. Keldon at 6th man will create havoc to opposing bench. He would have the green light offensively, compare to sharing ball with Wemby, Vassell and Sochan who will be occassionally run the offense. Keldon’s numbers would suffer starting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki is alarmingly awful at defense.
    I think maybe this season when he lacks effort or makes the wrong move he is in for a rude awakening compared to last season. Red-faced Pop that calls a time-out and yanks him back to the bench will be back.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think maybe this season when he lacks effort or makes the wrong move he is in for a rude awakening compared to last season. Red-faced Pop that calls a time-out and yanks him back to the bench will be back.

yeah I don’t know if that pop exists anymore but if he does, it’ll be back this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is best at 6th man Manu role. I don’t know how well he would take that, but Manu was a Hofer at that role. Keldon at 6th man will create havoc to opposing bench. He would have the green light offensively, compare to sharing ball with Wemby, Vassell and Sochan who will be occassionally run the offense. Keldon’s numbers would suffer starting.
    I strongly disagree with respect. Manu worked well off the bench because he was strong at multiple things. If the team needed more facilitation, he could do it, if they needed more effort on defense, he could do it, if they needed more scoring, he could do it. Keldon is going to be much stronger in the starting squad because of what he does well: he can shoot a high percentage and drive hard against defenses that aren't set. His range will help spread the floor for Wembanyama and others. It really diminishes his skills if you stick him on the bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me of Ro Blackman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually my favorite

this is our Marksman!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has an arsenal of offensive moves. You can tell he studies the game 100%

I like him a lot, too

Hope he continues to improve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham’s still my boy, but goddamn that was rough . Might be the worst performance I’ve ever seen tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m generally a Branham fan but it was tough to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly he still needs Summer League.

Any talk of pulling him early probably needs to end.

However, even with that said, the missed shots don't worry me nearly as much as the ones that were blocked. He has a serious problem with getting to the rim and not getting destroyed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to try and erase this one from the memory bank but he was so damn bad tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was deferential to getting Vic established then never got on track. He'll need to learn how to turn things on mid game.

Anyway, I never want to hear about him playing PG. He's just not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine shooting the ball 17 times and the franchise player only shot 14 times. It’s like this that scares me. It won’t be Branham outshooting Wemby in the main roster but I can totally see KJ doing it and maybe even Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd year guy going 1-17 in a rich man’s pro am game is not a good takeaway. Seriously 1-17 wtf??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine shooting the ball 17 times and the franchise player only shot 14 times. It’s like this that scares me. It won’t be Branham outshooting Wemby in the main roster but I can totally see KJ doing it and maybe even Vassell
    Yup. Still sayin the only way that should be is if we get a star player via trade.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham will be fine.

Just an off night shooting.

Like everyone on the roster other than Wemby he'll have good and bad games because that's what role players are, inconsistent players.

Thread Information