Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why apologists and homers resort to this hypocrisy of not writing off players too soon, but then acting like they've turned a corner because of small sample size theater.

We've seen this countless times over the years where people think Spurs prospect X who can't shoot suddenly can only for them to regress again in short order.

I know he was supposed to be at least a decent shooter, but I'm not patting him or the front office on the back because he finally showed signs of being more than a replacement player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why apologists and homers resort to this hypocrisy of not writing off players too soon, but then acting like they've turned a corner because of small sample size theater.

We've seen this countless times over the years where people think Spurs prospect X who can't shoot suddenly can only for them to regress again in short order.

I know he was supposed to be at least a decent shooter, but I'm not patting him or the front office on the back because he finally showed signs of being more than a replacement player.
    don't be a hypocrite and agree with me! players always regress and disappoint you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking in to eat (a small amount of) crow - Malaki has been above average for this stretch post ASB. I can live with the last turnover of the Kings game if he's going to be Dougie McBuckets 2.0, only cheaper and (hopefully) more loyal to the Spurs. Something like that IS a growing pain type of play. Just sucking like he did pre ASB (and getting benched) are what most of us were rightfully referencing. Hoping he keeps this up and I'll be glad to move over to his bandwagon. We desperately need some hot shooting on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    branham's midrange pullup game becomes a lot more valuable if its part of his arsenal to counter aggressive closeouts, rather than being his primary mode of offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His problem is being “nonchalant” and hopefully Pop doesn’t need to poke him everytime to wake him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now consider the downside and stop pretending it is all roses.
    What would be the downside? He can't handle the job and he remains a borderline rotation player like he is now?

For someone that sounds so secure of himself, you make quite the irrelevant points sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the downside? He can't handle the job and he remains a borderline rotation player like he is now?

For someone that sounds so secure of himself, you make quite the irrelevant points sometimes.
    So arresting a player's development is irrelevant. Talk about a stupid take.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking in to eat (a small amount of) crow - Malaki has been above average for this stretch post ASB. I can live with the last turnover of the Kings game if he's going to be Dougie McBuckets 2.0, only cheaper and (hopefully) more loyal to the Spurs. Something like that IS a growing pain type of play. Just sucking like he did pre ASB (and getting benched) are what most of us were rightfully referencing. Hoping he keeps this up and I'll be glad to move over to his bandwagon. We desperately need some hot shooting on this team.
    Nice humility displayed by you sir! MB is trending back in the right direction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So arresting a player's development is irrelevant. Talk about a stupid take.
    You do realize that giving someone more playing time and chances is the complete opposite of "arresting" their development, right?
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-09-2024 at 01:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you be "arresting" anyone's development by giving him more chances on a season without pressure to win?
    Change his role and lineup plus give him a start that he has not earned. What could go wrong?

You are just fanboing and don't know much about development. Thankfully, Pop is one of the best ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love seeing him improve, but let's admit it, he has a long way to go.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was the 20th pick, some struggles should have been expected.

Hopefully he continues showing signs of life because he was headed off the team with his earlier play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki has a knack for scoring but it’s at ude is the problem. I wonder if the Spurs are still boxing as a form of conditioning. I think that helped also with staying aggressive. Being too nice and deferring. Derrick had the same problem before, and Dejounte being ultra compe ive overshadowed Derrick early, despite being the better all-around point guard, which shows now in Boston with his winning style. Malaki could take a page from Derrick. I also mentioned Rip Hamilton before how he continously moved to be open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF are you talking about? McDermott said he loves San Antonio and would love to retire here right before the deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post Allstar game stats seem to be difficult to trust sometimes. Hopefully Malaki has indeed turned a corner and he approaches his offseason with increased motivation. He has a perfect window of opportunity to establish himself before all the draft picks start rolling in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post Allstar game stats seem to be difficult to trust sometimes. Hopefully Malaki has indeed turned a corner and he approaches his offseason with increased motivation. He has a perfect window of opportunity to establish himself before all the draft picks start rolling in.
    yea,It happend last year with collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has turned a corner on offense even though his playmaking is still a bit loose. On defense, he seems to be trying but he is still mediocre there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change his role and lineup plus give him a start that he has not earned. What could go wrong?

You are just fanboing and don't know much about development. Thankfully, Pop is one of the best ever.
    That start today surely played against Branham. ing dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That start today surely played against Branham. ing dumbass.
    Here is the thing. I don't think I am the smartest person in the world and if Pop is content to start him that is cool with me.

At the same time, let's see what happens when Wemby and Vassell come back to the starting lineup. Hopefully, you get what you want.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s ing sniping right now. Every three just feels like it’s going in when it leaves his hands. Good sign that he showed up infront of two tough away crowds like Sacramento and GS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His confidence looks good right now and it is showing. Regardless if he regress in the next couple of games or not the kid is 20 years old still. He has a chance to be a really good scorer in this league if he keeps improving over the next couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki has been balling lately. He was the biggest disappointment of most of the season for me since he showed a lot of potential his rookie season but has really turned it around since Pop benched his ass. Good to see him take the lesson and get better. He's been a walking bucket

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Malaki

keep making me eat crow!

now Zollins- do the same!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing worse than a player who plays on ball a lot but lacks confidence. Glad to see he’s turned a corner there. Hopefully it lasts

Thread Information