Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the 15 minutes of clips I've watched of him, his offensive game appears reminds me a little of a shorter Khris Middleton. It is such a shame he isn't 6'8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the 15 minutes of clips I've watched of him, his offensive game appears reminds me a little of a shorter Khris Middleton. It is such a shame he isn't 6'8.
    Would the Spurs have gotten him if he was 6'8? He might have gone a lot earlier. I wonder if it's possible that he grows a bit more taller since all these guys are still very young?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 6'8" Branham would have gone top 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes, understand that if he was 6'8 he would go higher - just saying I like his game but would like him even more if he was bigger wing size.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes, understand that if he was 6'8 he would go higher - just saying I like his game but would like him even more if he was bigger wing size.
    Oh OK, yeah, very true. I agree with you there. Hopefully he can grow a bit taller, even if not 6'8, another inch or two wouldn't hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Commence the growth serum treatments!

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard the Spurs brass has had Branham hanging from the rim with weights attached to his ankles. As a result he's grown to 6 foot 13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Compare this to “imma give them a lil shine” from Shaedon Not-Very-Sharpe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might of explained the fall to 20.

Some scouts have speculated that his previous shooting form may have had difficulty translating to the NBA 3 and beyond.
    For a player to identify this and start to implement through the pre-draft process is almost unheard of for a shooter with the reputation of Branham.

Although this may have hurt him in the short term in re: draft stock, I expect that this will pay dividends long term becoming a deadly C&S threat early in his career, perhaps as soon as Summer League...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think questions about his range affected his stock. Maybe his defense. In time it may be hard to understand why teams between 11-19 passed on him.

As for his 3, he kind of pushes it out from in front of his face instead of setting it above his eye line and shooting it in a form other players would deem natural. He didn't shoot a high volume and as far as I saw always on the line itself.

It's hard to believe he won't be able to extend off the line and get the volume up higher. The question is how long it will take and whether his good percentages will be hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might of explained the fall to 20.

Some scouts have speculated that his previous shooting form may have had difficulty translating to the NBA 3 and beyond.
    For a player to identify this and start to implement through the pre-draft process is almost unheard of for a shooter with the reputation of Branham.

Although this may have hurt him in the short term in re: draft stock, I expect that this will pay dividends long term becoming a deadly C&S threat early in his career, perhaps as soon as Summer League...
    Good for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

in this clip and in a lot of footage ive seen of Branham, he uses the backboard a lot to bank shots. I loved it when Timmy did it, and I love it that Malaki does it. It’s a great display of skill, imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

in this clip and in a lot of footage ive seen of Branham, he uses the backboard a lot to bank shots. I loved it when Timmy did it, and I love it that Malaki does it. It’s a great display of skill, imo
    Hard to block and gives the shooter more options….this kid will be nice. 22 and 14 should be a ok in a few years!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the kid! He’s got something to him….. a real smooth game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham for some reason, reminds me of a younger Steve Smith..who was of course taller and much better defensively but had an offensive game that is similar to Malaki's

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Beyond the obvious, I really hope this kid succeeds and I think he will too.

I liked him immediately because he's not reliant on athleticism (not that he has much), has decent feel and given that he looks respectable he doesn't appear to be some insecure follower like so many of these kids today. No silly hairstyle/facial hair, seems to not dress flamboyantly or excessively use hipster internet terms/slang.

If he ever becomes a player of significance, hopefully that's a sign that he won't be the type to run to a glamor market to join the cool kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems so nice, always smiling. I hope he easily switch to an assassin in the court. Wesley on the other hand is intense, always have that game face.

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Unlike his sisters, Malaki clearly has his father's genes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He mentions KBD and of course KBD is a former Ohio State player as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Beyond the obvious, I really hope this kid succeeds and I think he will too.

I liked him immediately because he's not reliant on athleticism (not that he has much), has decent feel and given that he looks respectable he doesn't appear to be some insecure follower like so many of these kids today. No silly hairstyle/facial hair, seems to not dress flamboyantly or excessively use hipster internet terms/slang.

If he ever becomes a player of significance, hopefully that's a sign that he won't be the type to run to a glamor market to join the cool kids.
    Malaki looks like he has a tight knit family and he was raised well.

Sochan, I think, does all the things you mentioned and is the most active out of the three on social media. But since he has foreign roots, has lived in other countries, etc. I think his background makes him unique enough not to seek glamor markets.

Wesley is the least active on social media. He’s a little awkward in interviews, gives me Kawhi vibes with his personality honestly. But I guess the difference is, I think he has two loving parents (meaning no traumatic experiences that we are aware of)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *traumatic experiences that will result later in trust issues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have an uncle?

Thread Information