Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a old school scorer man, reminds me a lil of Michael redd
    I've been saying Michael Redd for a while. Both OSU guys. Him and Rip Hamilton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting is I looked up Branham on NbaDraftnet and his comp was: smaller Khris Middleton
    Sometimes those comps are really silly but I can see a decent comparison in their games actually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-but he’s not a real PG. Who cares? The team got 32 assists. Who needs a real PG, they’re sharing. And oh Branham got a new career high 26 pts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man 26 pts that is incredible!

Now Branham is the fascination to tune in for on these games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham has bested is career high in points twice just this week alone

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Tre and Jeremy out, this is his golden opportunity. So far so good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy to see he's gotten over his early season struggles and has found a groove. Sometimes it takes guards with more "skill" than athleticism time to adjust to the better athletes in the NBA.

If Wesley can find his groove (and confidence) too, then this is easily the Spurs best draft class in years, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy to see he's gotten over his early season struggles and has found a groove. Sometimes it takes guards with more "skill" than athleticism time to adjust to the better athletes in the NBA.

If Wesley can find his groove (and confidence) too, then this is easily the Spurs best draft class in years, IMO.
    One by one they are starting to shine. Each one getting the chance as if by design. The lost of a PG threw Sochan in the fire and he slowly got his groove especially when he switched to a one-hand FT which unlocked his offensive skills and increased his confidence. Likewise, the injury in Tre again found Malaki starting and expected to be a goto guy next to Keldon. He answered with a consecutive 22 pts, 26 pts career highs. Likewise Blake promoted into backup PG getting more minutes and at times showing glimpses of his NBA skills and athleticism, something to be excited about. No expectations to win, but learning every game, developing without the pressure of winning vs being a rookie in the championship years. Pop and his coaching staff should really be commended for developing these kids, truly excellent job teaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-but he’s not a real PG. Who cares? The team got 32 assists. Who needs a real PG, they’re sharing. And oh Branham got a new career high 26 pts.
    Those out there getting caught up on position les don’t know basketball…… position less is a term for a reason Remember, this is just year 1 for Branham…… hasn’t scratched the surface comes to mind. Exciting times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm getting on this hype train

Bran is going to be real solid and can't wait to watch him develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to bring a Branham thread forward since he is being mentioned a lot of times in other threads. Some folks seem to be absolutely enthralled by his recent improved performances in scoring totals--but of course part of that is because he is getting a lot of minutes because of injuries and therefore has more opportunities. Nevertheless, it can't be denied that he is showing that he can score.

Branham doesn't have a very good average on his 3pt. shot (.315) but Jones is significantly worse and hasn't improved much since coming into the league. One problem with Branham's shooting is that he has a very unorthodox release, especially when shooting at distance. He tries to release the shot from approximately his lap area. Never seen this before except in players who use it to get additional strength and distance on a longer shot. Pee Wee league stuff. And he is getting those 3 pt shots blocked at that level at an unusual rate in the NBA.

That being said, he's doing OK as the PG subs ution for Jones in regard to handling ball while bringing up court. He isn't as good as Jones on defense although he is several inches taller. Surprisingly, Jones is a better rebounder so far.

Granted he is a rookie and needs more developmental work, I don't think he is a special draft pick at this point. In fact, I'd suggest that in comparison to another recent rookie, Josh Primo, Primo actually might have showed more readiness for the NBA at the same stage of his game.

I don't think he was a bad pick, but let's not get over our skis yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to bring a Branham thread forward since he is being mentioned a lot of times in other threads. Some folks seem to be absolutely enthralled by his recent improved performances in scoring totals--but of course part of that is because he is getting a lot of minutes because of injuries and therefore has more opportunities. Nevertheless, it can't be denied that he is showing that he can score.

Branham doesn't have a very good average on his 3pt. shot (.315) but Jones is significantly worse and hasn't improved much since coming into the league. One problem with Branham's shooting is that he has a very unorthodox release, especially when shooting at distance. He tries to release the shot from approximately his lap area. Never seen this before except in players who use it to get additional strength and distance on a longer shot. Pee Wee league stuff. And he is getting those 3 pt shots blocked at that level at an unusual rate in the NBA.

That being said, he's doing OK as the PG subs ution for Jones in regard to handling ball while bringing up court. He isn't as good as Jones on defense although he is several inches taller. Surprisingly, Jones is a better rebounder so far.

Granted he is a rookie and needs more developmental work, I don't think he is a special draft pick at this point. In fact, I'd suggest that in comparison to another recent rookie, Josh Primo, Primo actually might have showed more readiness for the NBA at the same stage of his game.

He’s showing an awful lot for a rookie. I’m not worried about his 3 point shooting yet. Devin, who was also a 40+% shooter in the NCAA, didn’t hit 40% until this year, his 3rd. As recently as December, Malaki was shooting 18%. The fact that he’s now shooting 31% shows that he’s been railing it. He’s a bucket already, most nights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More players need to keep bringing back the mid range game. That’s what I love about Malaki. Basketball is most fun in the mid range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im more worried about his release than the shooting % at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’l be fine. He has a cunning way of scoring. I’m sure he will adjust come the off-season. The kid is 19. He’s still adjusting

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he needs to watch some Haliburton tape on how to self create when you have an unorthodox set shot from three.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure what do you mean by Primo showed more readiness, in his second year he averaged about 19.5mins and his FG% 3FG% AST, AST/TO and scoring are worse off than a rookie playing are 22.5mins. he might not be a great pick, but he is definitely better than a few picks we drafted in the last 5 years at 12, 18 and 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker Kessler ROTM

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. His shot reminds my of Leandro Barbosa’s shot from back in the day. It’s really low and out, and I’m surprised he doesn’t get blocked more. That said, what do i know, he’s scoring a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker Kessler ROTM
    Being on a team that went 1-10 probably didn't help Bran

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid is going to be a star on the next Spurs team that is in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why no one talks about he’s had fifteen plus in like five straight this man is a star and not a peep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham has that “cool cat”, not afraid of the moment, at ude. I don’t know who reminds me of the younger players.

Thread Information