Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/malaki-bra...raft-reaction/

The reaction would have been even more instant if the Slovenian hamster that powers the servers didn't keel over, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it. With no other caveats about team direction etc, from a value perspective it’s great.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a value standpoint, he's almost as good of pick as Sochan. I'm a fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it. With no other caveats about team direction etc, from a value perspective it’s great.
    What's up man? Glad to see you still slum here with us from time to time. Maybe you have been here and I haven't caught you but it's good to see you regardless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham was in my second tier with Sochan. To get him at 20 is amazing. I'm so glad the Spurs didn't overthink that pick.

In the last mock draft I did, I actually initially had Branham going 20 but I changed it at the last second because I thought it was too unrealistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fck it im sold!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Often, I'll only superficially look at the pre-draft stuff, pick a few guys who seem worth watching a YouTube vid or two on, and then wait for the actual selections to look into them. That's the case with Branham. I do like what I've see. He and even Wesley seem to fill a need for offensive dynamism. I hope he spends this transition year working on his defense. Both Primo and Anderson came into the league thought of as poor defenders before becoming defense-first in their development. , you can argue the same for Murray. Branham has offensive things to refine too, but that part of his game is already good enough to get him on the floor, if the defense is there.

What I fear is that he'll get the usual d-league treatment of going down to Austin to play PG and get tons of minutes before coming up to the big club and having to learn how to actually be an NBA player. I'd rather he just skip that part. We already know he can score as a high-option, and his play-making will result from the leverage his scoring creates. He shouldn't be another wing they try to turn into a point-guard. That's been almost every pick since 2016. Just let a guy be a good SG and learn how to be a rotation-worthy one before trying to make them some all-around player. Player can pick up major skills as they grow. They don't need to have that training right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham was in my second tier with Sochan. To get him at 20 is amazing. I'm so glad the Spurs didn't overthink that pick.

In the last mock draft I did, I actually initially had Branham going 20 but I changed it at the last second because I thought it was too unrealistic
    I figured he'd go higher too tbh. When I saw he was still on the board I was like ohh . They delivered and in the end that's all that matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up man? Glad to see you still slum here with us from time to time. Maybe you have been here and I haven't caught you but it's good to see you regardless
    Haha- I definitely post less on here, but I love ST. I just shifted to Twitter a bit more since its my only Social Media and Timvp never responds to my DMs lmao

Good to see you too my man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been beating this logical drum: SA has a TON of dead weight on the roster. Drafting 3 rookies makes plenty of sense especially ones with solid upside. There are 3 guys EASY I can see being cut/waived/let go and SA would be better today and future with all 3 of the guys drafted.

FA/Trades definitely need to bring the team forward though. This was great value but no where near “enough”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Great pick. Wish we would have kept it going beyond 20. But I'm elated up to Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha- I definitely post less on here, but I love ST. I just shifted to Twitter a bit more since its my only Social Media and Timvp never responds to my DMs lmao

Good to see you too my man

Yeah I dont think any of us old heads will all the way quit this place. I cut my teeth here as far as really understanding basketball goes. Plus everyone loves a show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham is good enough to slide into Lonnie’s rotation spot immediately. Unreal he fell this far. He was a lock to places like Atlanta or Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the comp is Khris Middleton, you know you done good. Love the floor, and the ceiling is still unknown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Caris LaVert in this kid big time. His ability to just score naturally, and his shooting form, thats enough he should’ve been drafted in the teens as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Bilas actually predicted Brahman at 20 and should’ve been a lottery pick.

Anyways this interview at the Combined looks like he’s a very personable young guy, high spirited an scholar of the game. He’s somebody who can create and shoots well. I’m hoping his 6’10” wingspan translates to great defense as this is one thing the Spurs are lacking at the guard position, the ability to lockdown on shifty guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching some tape on Branham, he gets into the paint and scores, but it seem his move isn't so much quick as done with some patience and guile, using the other players as blockers. Shades of Slo Mo but with a better outside shot???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensive numbers look great but the tapes don't buy me. He seems kind slow, which hurt him on defense, and on offense I saw him making all kinds of difficult shots over people. Didn't really show a consistent ability to get by folks. Will he translate his tough shots making ability over NBA athletes or will he Jimmy Fredette it? I have more faith on Wesley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching some tape on Branham, he gets into the paint and scores, but it seem his move isn't so much quick as done with some patience and guile, using the other players as blockers. Shades of Slo Mo but with a better outside shot???
    I've said elsewhere, he reminds me of another OSU product, Michael Redd, who wasn't explosive at all but managed to get his shot off in many ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said elsewhere, he reminds me of another OSU product, Michael Redd, who wasn't explosive at all but managed to get his shot off in many ways.
    Redd was a killer, too bad injuries slowed down his career. If Branham is anything like Redd I will be happy as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    needless to say, i was really excited when i heard his name called.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice comp. redd was a very, very nice player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton and LaVert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4:08 is the start. Bilas says you might look back and say how was he taken at number 20 when he should have been taken in the top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham is a super hard worker. The type of being in the gym at 5AM right after he won an award. If it wouldn‘t take 10 minutes and multiple edits to post Tweets on spurstalk I‘d do it. Also his wingspan allows him to shoot over people. He will be a very good player

Thread Information