Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps Barlow still adjusting to his growth spurt as some have speculated, but damn he still has a lot of mobility and handling ability when I look at him in games. Tall, but not too hefty right now. Could he be the fabled unicorn PF we've been searching for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what I saw from him tonight. I hope they keep him up and just play him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues, Pop will need to create a spot for him. KBD as a filler? It will be interesting who gets moved this trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched him a lot during the game to focus in on his skillset. One of the most telling things about him was when he got isolated above the 3 pt. line on defense against their PG Mackey (?) No. 10. In one instance Mackey tried several moves against Barlow and Barlow had the right foot work to counter and stay with him. Mackey finally tried to drive around him and Barlow was right on him all the way to the basket and altered his shot. We've never had a center or even a 6'10" PF that could do that in my memory. Larry Kenon comes to mind but I think he was always a SF.

Another time he came from the corner to attempt a rebound/dunk OVER Embeid from behind. He got called for a foul but it surprised the out of Embeid and got some props from the Sixers broadcast team.

He sets up in the corner a lot, even though the Spurs are playing him at center. Not afraid to shoot the 3 from anywhere either. I'd really like to see him paired with Poertle or Collins more at PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched him a lot during the game to focus in on his skillset. One of the most telling things about him was when he got isolated above the 3 pt. line on defense against their PG Mackey (?) No. 10. In one instance Mackey tried several moves against Barlow and Barlow had the right foot work to counter and stay with him. Mackey finally tried to drive around him and Barlow was right on him all the way to the basket and altered his shot. We've never had a center or even a 6'10" PF that could do that in my memory. Larry Kenon comes to mind but I think he was always a SF.

Another time he came from the corner to attempt a rebound/dunk OVER Embeid from behind. He got called for a foul but it surprised the out of Embeid and got some props from the Sixers broadcast team.

He sets up in the corner a lot, even though the Spurs are playing him at center. Not afraid to shoot the 3 from anywhere either. I'd really like to see him paired with Poertle or Collins more at PF.
    Maxey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still like him although some other players are coming on stronger maybe (Big Mamu & Chamagnie). He just doesn't get separation anywhere he moves on offense. Able to knock down short jumpers which isn't all that easy and put back some bunnies off easy rebounds, but looks like a lot of rookies on offense who are afraid to take their opportunities. He needs to press harder in this opportunity to play more minutes with the big club against quality opponents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still like him although some other players are coming on stronger maybe (Big Mamu & Chamagnie). He just doesn't get separation anywhere he moves on offense. Able to knock down short jumpers which isn't all that easy and put back some bunnies off easy rebounds, but looks like a lot of rookies on offense who are afraid to take their opportunities. He needs to press harder in this opportunity to play more minutes with the big club against quality opponents.
    He seems more in a Clint Capela mold. Not quite the same, but not there for offense. Trying to get his rotations and defense down and then eventually build up a post game. To me he looks pretty nice - makes nice reads and passes, has good instincts down low on D, bodies guys up, doesn't pout or get down. I think they know he's on a longer timeline and he'll spend time in G-League next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good vid that gets into why I think a lot of players have problems in the NBA. It's not because of talent, it's because a lot of being a professional happens off the court. Staying prepared, taking care of yourself, getting ready mentally, occupying time. It's not all about getting out there and overwhelming guys with your crossover.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like he will stick around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like a lot of things about Dom. He moves really well in space for his size, has good athleticism, is learning the nuances. What strikes me is he has really good hands on defense and that's really big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a long time project. Spurs will keep him around as they should

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21 and 19 in 34 mins today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's improved a lot. True, against limited compe ion, but he's in the right spots doing the right things. Kudos to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Barlow the 2nd overall pick of the 2023 draft or Brandon Miller? Sheesh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe C depth ain't so bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lock him up for four years tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I glad we didn't sign anotha big. I wanna see what he got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, even if he tops out as a 4th big a 4 year 8-9m deal would be great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Said this elsewhere, but I think they’re gonna give him every chance to earn a contract. I think they like him. He just has to show out and take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow does look like a combination of Lopez Twins and Bronny James. lol
    Last edited by NickiRasgo; 07-04-2023 at 04:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not irked by not signing a center this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow is ending Kai Jones’ career tonight lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not irked by not signing a center this offseason.
    Hopefully they sign one after the game to a real contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately I missed the first half, but it looks like Barlow is killing it. It's still one preseason game, but at the very least I'd say not many 2nd rounders look better than Barlow and Champagnie, the young guys we picked up last year seem like a great bunch.

Thread Information