Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hollinger said he would have selected him at 11. At the draft they said the only more athletic player than Wesley was Ivey. You can tell he has a much better feel for the game than Lonnie does, probably even now with 4 years of NBA experience under his belt.
    Son of a , I’m in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    excited for summer league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie had elite athleticism. It's not a guarantee of anything other than jumping high and running fast.
    exactly. what matters is controlled athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Daniels, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Jonathon Simmons, Lonnie Walker, Romeo Langford, Blake Wesley. Am I missing anyone?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you’re a rebuilding team, you always draft BPA regardless of position (unless there is a huge clash with an existing guy on your roster … in which case you question if they’re the BPA or if that guy belongs on your roster).

Saying “we should have taken another big at that spot” is a sure fire way to stay mediocre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Daniels, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Jonathon Simmons, Lonnie Walker, Romeo Langford, Blake Wesley. Am I missing anyone?
    You can’t really put Blake in there. He hasn’t had his chance yet. According to timvp, the two best guards in this draft at creating space and separation in the half court were Ivey and Wesley. Wesley’s numbers were very similar to Ivey’s freshman numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t really put Blake in there. He hasn’t had his chance yet. According to timvp, the two best guards in this draft at creating space and separation in the half court were Ivey and Wesley. Wesley’s numbers were very similar to Ivey’s freshman numbers.
    Nah, I’m just saying these were the Spurs athletic freaks in the past. I mean besides DRob and to some extent Kawhi, I haven’t really seen anyone coming from the Spurs. Three from Dunk Contest, 1988 Cadillac Anderson (don’t remember that), 1986 Johnny Dawkins (wasn’t Spurs fan yet), 1984 Edward Jones (before me). Spurs are not known for dunkers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I’m really excited for Wesley, all 3 picks. I didn’t get my boy. But Sochan could be special. I’m just learning his PG roles in some games. The coaching staff should really maximize that, ala Simmons, LeBron, mobile bigs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I’m really excited for Wesley, all 3 picks. I didn’t get my boy. But Sochan could be special. I’m just learning his PG roles in some games. The coaching staff should really maximize that, ala Simmons, LeBron, mobile bigs
    One of the things the spurs always want and look for are secondary creators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Wright’s interview, he called Wesley “a combo guard and can play the 1 and the 2”

so I’m switching him from G/W to just G.

Dont think ive heard Wright or others refer to Primo as a combo guard.

for now, I think it’s Wesley who will be competing with Tre for that backup point job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hollinger said he would have selected him at 11. At the draft they said the only more athletic player than Wesley was Ivey. You can tell he has a much better feel for the game than Lonnie does, probably even now with 4 years of NBA experience under his belt.
    Every time I see loonie check in he looks petrified to be on the court and I see him dribble around and pass or dribble around and shoot a long 2 he rarely moves without the ball, doesn’t cut to the basket, rarely creates anything for himself. He might go on a hot streak every other game but it might be time for him to move on and see if he can find his spot on another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dean on draft had him at 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was surprised to see Ivey and Wesley grew up together. Their play styles are very similar.
    Darn, didn't know this. This is really cool to know. Makes me more excited about the pick and his potential as I really like that style of game. Anywhere I can read about this, or any videos where he states that he grew up with Ivey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn, didn't know this. This is really cool to know. Makes me more excited about the pick and his potential as I really like that style of game. Anywhere I can read about this, or any videos where he states that he grew up with Ivey?
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ft/9928276002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information