Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Counting Cissoko, the Spurs have 18 guys on or promised big team deals, so 3 have to go. Assuming Birch and Stevens are 2 of those, they still have one guy to waive or trade.

Rice and, presumably, Barlow, will be one two-way deals, with one two-way spot open.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Khem and Lamar are the obvious candidates if it comes down to the waiver wire. Dominick may have to do what Bassey had to do last year and hang out on a 2way for a while until a roster spot clears later in the year. I remember many fits being had here about that.
    I'm not sure he lasts that long. Someone is gonna throw him a real contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of hope to keep Stevens, but he probably doesn't get any playing time. As for Cedi and Bullock my guess is Cedi stays, despite the difference in contract.

Didn't look at Miami's roster, but that Lowry consolidation move is interesting -- gives them more, needed depth and gives us a player that can help, who can be swung to a contender or as a salary dump near deadline.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are not done dealing yet. They can combine several smaller expirings to take on a bad contract and draft capital, or take back Lowry as part of the Heat/Blazers trade, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of hope to keep Stevens, but he probably doesn't get any playing time. As for Cedi and Bullock my guess is Cedi stays, despite the difference in contract.

Didn't look at Miami's roster, but that Lowry consolidation move is interesting -- gives them more, needed depth and gives us a player that can help, who can be swung to a contender or as a salary dump near deadline.
    dont see how stevens possibly hangs around given the numbers game at hand. especially if we are earmarking a roster spot for Cissoko. and thats even assuming we keep barlow on a 2 way. stevens is good as gone imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are not done dealing yet. They can combine several smaller expirings to take on a bad contract and draft capital, or take back Lowry as part of the Heat/Blazers trade, etc.
    the appeal of having the spurs including in a deal involving lowry was that we could simply absorb the cap hit. if we're going to be sending back matching salaries it kinda defeats the purpose, no?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the appeal of having the spurs including in a deal involving lowry was that we could simply absorb the cap hit. if we're going to be sending back matching salaries it kinda defeats the purpose, no?
    Kind of. The Spurs might value Lowry enough that they wouldn't insist on getting draft capital in addition, and the Spurs have enough cap space to absorb some salary so they can take Lowry's $30M while only sending out something like $15M.

I get that number (Spurs have $15M cap space left) from this article, you'd have to scroll down or search for Spurs.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rumo...bucks-celtics/

Thread Information