Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a veteran PG is more of a need than a C, tbh.

I would give up a 2nd rounder to OKC in exchange of taking on Bertans' contract + the rights to Micic.

You kill two birds with one stone: reach the cap floor and add a talented PG with experience (granted, not NBA experience).
    Then the rotation becomes:

Micic - Vassell - Keldon - Sochan - Wemby

Tre - Brahnam - McDermott - Bertans - Collins

That would be a fun little team to fight for a play-in spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How time flies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the micic/Bertans idea as an option as well. But if you do that and keep Tre, that’s a lot of point guards on the roster. And if you don’t keep Tre, you’re left with devonte Graham as your vet leadership pg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins will start at C, Wemby will start at PF, and Sochan will not start at PG.

Looks of smart people can make all the arguments in the world why they don't agree with what is written above, but it seems fairly certain that this will be the case.

[Tre]/Graham/Wesley
    Devin/Branham/Sidy
    Sochan/Keldon/[Champ]
    Wemby/Doug/[Mamu]
    Collins/Bassey/Birch

Assuming Tre, Champ and Mamu get full deals, the roster is full. Birch is the most obvious to go. Champ could be on a two-way. Sidy could also be a two-way. Up to 3 potential roster spots available.

I think the actual "typical" playing time looks like this with a 9 man rotation. Obviously, there will be some other minutes sprinkled in situationally.

PG: Tre 30 / Graham 18
    SG: Dev 24 / Bran 24
    SF: Soch 15 / Keldon 26 / Dev 7
    PF: Wemby 30 / Soch 15 / Keldon 3
    C: Collins 26 / Bassey 22

Tre - 30
    Graham - 18
    Dev - 31
    Bran - 24
    Soch - 30
    Keldon - 29
    Wemby - 30
    Collins - 26
    Bassey - 22
    Last edited by scott; 06-28-2023 at 04:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think early in the season Wesley gets Graham’s minutes to see whether or not he has learned how to play basketball. If not, he’s off to Austin or they might even cut him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins will start at C, Wemby will start at PF, and Sochan will not start at PG.

Looks of smart people can make all the arguments in the world why they don't agree with what is written above, but it seems fairly certain that this will be the case.

[Tre]/Graham/Wesley
    Devin/Branham/Sidy
    Sochan/Keldon/[Champ]
    Wemby/Doug/[Mamu]
    Collins/Bassey/Birch

Assuming Tre, Champ and Mamu get full deals, the roster is full. Birch is the most obvious to go. Champ could be on a two-way. Sidy could also be a two-way. Up to 3 potential roster spots available.

I think the actual "typical" playing time looks like this with a 9 man rotation. Obviously, there will be some other minutes sprinkled in situationally.

PG: Tre 30 / Graham 18
    SG: Dev 24 / Bran 24
    SF: Soch 15 / Keldon 26 / Dev 7
    PF: Wemby 30 / Soch 15 / Keldon 3
    C: Collins 26 / Bassey 22

Tre - 30
    Graham - 18
    Dev - 31
    Bran - 24
    Soch - 30
    Keldon - 29
    Wemby - 30
    Collins - 26
    Bassey - 22
    There's no way Keldon doesn't start. Last year top scorer, the more experienced one of the "young bunch" and the leader of the squad.

Also, Wemby might not start at C, but there's no way he doesn't play any minutes there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way Keldon doesn't start. Last year top scorer, the more experienced one of the "young bunch" and the leader of the squad.

Also, Wemby might not start at C, but there's no way he doesn't play any minutes there.
    There is a way. He’s already locked down with a long term contract and has experience sacrificing minutes/ role for the greater good (Olympics).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a way. He’s already locked down with a long term contract and has experience sacrificing minutes/ role for the greater good (Olympics).
    In the Olympics he didn't sacrifice anything, tbh. He was the least experienced player in a squad full of stars or borderline stars. Him just being there was prize enough. It can't be compared to this situationa at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Olympics he didn't sacrifice anything, tbh. He was the least experienced player in a squad full of stars or borderline stars. Him just being there was prize enough. It can't be compared to this situationa at all.
    Even if you say HE didn’t, he was around players who did. And he got a taste of what it’s like to win it all, and what it takes to get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could see a situation where sometimes we start Zollins/Wemby and sometime we start Wemby/Sochan depending on the matchup. still think vassell/keldon are the clearcut starting 2/3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if you say HE didn’t, he was around players who did. And he got a taste of what it’s like to win it all, and what it takes to get there.
    Either way, it doesn't matter what HE thinks, Pop will not bench him. Old man will respect his seniority and leadership within the team.

As currently constructed it will be 3 guys for 2 spots: Tre, Sochan and Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not sure eveyone realizes how spurs appreciate Keldon. But somehow, he keeps being the odd man out here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I'd probably push 5-10 of his minutes down to C, which would take from Collins and Bassey (Collins picks up fouls and Bassey prob more of a 15-18 mpg game guy in regular rotation anyway) and then give Sochan a few more at the 4 and Keldon probably more like a 32-34 mpg guy (but still off the bench IMO).

If I were head coach (and it is a good thing I am not), I would actually consider a starting lineup with Bran at the 2 and Dev at the 3 with both Keldon and Sochan off the bench. I think this helps with leaving Tre as the only non-shooter in the SL and Sochan as the only non-shooter in the second unit. I haven't given a ton of thought to this (because I'm not making the decision) but I'd like to see that from time to time.

I also think Wemby probably plays 65-70 games which will leave a lot of minutes for others to boost their season average mpgs.

I disagree with your premise that Keldon will start, but I can definitely see the logic and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you are correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not sure eveyone realizes how spurs appreciate Keldon. But somehow, he keeps being the odd man out here.
    its an expectation given what we've seen so far. his defense has been subpar, either when playing as a 3 or a 4. we know he can get himself buckets, but he's also something of a black hole on offense, or at least thats been him so far. his 3pt efficiency has come and gone.

its not like he's getting traded tomorrow. he's going to have some more time to show he can modify his game to fit alongside the frenchise
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-28-2023 at 08:19 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon needs to be our sixth man; he and branham will thrive with the second unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is like Brian Drew.... current QB of the Cleveland Browns in the NFL DRAFT movie. The right guy is ALREADY on the team for us.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sochan will come off the bench, at least early in the season. That makes the most sense.

Tre and Collins will start and yes Keldon will also start.

Sochan will be all right coming in off the bench. He's still going to get minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow showed some nice instincts later in the season. Not the top compe ion, but he showed a knack on steals, blocks, other possessions that make it worth it to work with him for another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected, looks like Jones will be back in the fold barring something crazy.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    my sources tell me
    San Antonio is going with Barlow, Cissoko and Sir'Jabari Rice with their three 2-way contracts

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected, looks like Jones will be back in the fold barring something crazy.
    I don't think the Spurs tendering the offer to him necessarily means that. If the Spurs hadn't done it, Tre would be a UFA if I understand things correctly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs tendering the offer to him necessarily means that. If the Spurs hadn't done it, Tre would be a UFA if I understand things correctly.
    They’ll match anything that isn’t insane.

Thread Information