Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy to think how not too long ago we were complaining about all the combo guards the Spurs drafted, and now we have no starting caliber PG. Next season we need to get us that point of attack playamker, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that our spacing is horrible.
    Tre is a horrible shooter for a point guard and Wemby can't play C yet.
    Meaning that it's between Keldon and Jeremy. I'd rather start Jeremy, but then we'd have 1970s spacing.
    If only Jeremy improves his handles even more, so he can start instead of Tre. I'm sure Pop will try it at some point.
    well we kept the powder dry like most people here wanted to. Why sign a 3-point shooting PG when we like what we have?

It’s crazy people think sochan won’t start lol he’s starting there is zero chance he comes off the Bench
    then who is coming off the bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a huge mistake to start keldon over sochan . Sochan plays defense keldon doesn’t .
    Keldon isn't getting benched by Pop, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon isn't getting benched by Pop, tbh.
    That’s the problem isn’t it. We were the worst defensive team last year . Spurs say they want to see what they have with there youth . Keldon needs to be traded . Sochan is the better prospect.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two statements that need to die already:

1. The Spurs were terrible on defense last year.

Yeah, we know. They had to lose 60 games somehow. It was planned.

2. Sochan came off the bench for Baylor

I love Scott Drew, but if you are taking the lead from his basketball decisions, you aren't going far. Baylor got upset in the second round because the starters got them in a hole that Jeremy heroically barely failed to dig them out of.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love Scott Drew, but if you are taking the lead from his basketball decisions, you aren't going far. Baylor got upset in the second round because the starters got them in a hole that Jeremy heroically barely failed to dig them out of.

and I completely get that they arnt as bad as the record shows however the upside of a sochan/wemby front court is tantalizing especially on the defensive side

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s obvious you start Sochan, KJ comes off the bench. It makes too much sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well we kept the powder dry like most people here wanted to. Why sign a 3-point shooting PG when we like what we have?
    Which 3-point shooting PG would you have signed? FVV on that ridiculous deal? There were no other options, unless I'm missing something.
    All the rookie guards aren't projected to be good shooters, so even if Spurs moved up to draft someone, it wouldn't have improved spacing for this season.
    Lillard is a pipe dream and not a realistic option.
    I mentioned Garland a few times, I'm sure Cavs will consider all options after they inevitably crumble again because Garland-Mitc backcourt can't work in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and I completely get that they arnt as bad as the record shows however the upside of a sochan/wemby front court is tantalizing especially on the defensive side
    I've been watching Pop since he was an assistant coach. I have never seen him allow defensive lapses until last year, when he did it totally and completely. The "MuH mor basktes" NBA didn't even notice because the Spurs were scoring points. , most Spurs fans didn't even notice.

I'm all but certain that Pop will not bring out a team that fails to play defense this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which 3-point shooting PG would you have signed? FVV on that ridiculous deal? There were no other options, unless I'm missing something.
    All the rookie guards aren't projected to be good shooters, so even if Spurs moved up to draft someone, it wouldn't have improved spacing for this season.
    Lillard is a pipe dream and not a realistic option.
    I mentioned Garland a few times, I'm sure Cavs will consider all options after they inevitably crumble again because Garland-Mitc backcourt can't work in the playoffs.
    there ain't options out there because all the NBA superstars are getting old and are regressing or are about to. Garland is the best possible fit at PG, I agree. Spurs could've used Lowry as a salary dump for example, maybe they still do that or they could start Graham. Not much to pick from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s obvious you start Sochan, KJ comes off the bench. It makes too much sense.
    how exactly does it make sense to start 3 non 3-point shooters?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there ain't options out there because all the NBA superstars are getting old and are regressing or are about to. Garland is the best possible fit at PG, I agree. Spurs could've used Lowry as a salary dump for example, maybe they still do that or they could start Graham. Not much to pick from.
    I actually think Graham will get a lot of minutes just because we lack shooters. It's also a massive opportunity for Branham.
    When the news about Patty not staying at Houston broke yesterday, I was scared they'd bring him back here.
    So we're good considering that we could've been forced to watch a couple more seasons of Patty chucking it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saying the thing about Baylor is just to say Sochan is comfortable impacting a game off the bench. Optimally he starts, of course.

But Keldon's skillset is 100% better starting next to Wembanyama. His spacing improves Wembanyama; Wembanyama improves his shooting. He's a good second option and great third option. I feel like his effectiveness relatively tanks if he comes off the bench.

I think most coaches would see their skillsets and do the same thing:

Keldon as a starter: 100% ability unlocked
    Keldon off the bench: 65% ability unlocked

Whereas Sochan is probably pretty similar starting/bench. He may be even better feasting off bench units.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan with a 3-point shot might be a better fit starting next to Wemby. Sochan without a consistent 3-point shot ain't.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can’t we run sochan Devin keldon wemby and Collins atleast try it out in preseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying the thing about Baylor is just to say Sochan is comfortable impacting a game off the bench. Optimally he starts, of course.

But Keldon's skillset is 100% better starting next to Wembanyama. His spacing improves Wembanyama; Wembanyama improves his shooting. He's a good second option and great third option. I feel like his effectiveness relatively tanks if he comes off the bench.

Whereas Sochan is probably pretty similar starting/bench. He may be even better feasting off bench units.
    It's weird though. Sochan was the Spurs' best point guard last year. If it were up to me, odd man out would be Tre.

Edit: oh yeah you guys want Collins to start and Victor to play the 4. That's ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

agreed. Just put sochan in and let him wreak havoc where needed. Kj should stick in the starting unit with wemby at all times. Malakai will probably be our microwave guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's weird though. Sochan was the Spurs' best point guard last year. If it were up to me, odd man out would be Tre.

Edit: oh yeah you guys want Collins to start and Victor to play the 4. That's ridiculous.
    so it's ridiculous that the Spurs officially list Wembanyama as a forward on the roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so it's ridiculous that the Spurs officially list Wembanyama as a forward on the roster?
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id take sochan and his d over tre

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then get ready for more ridiculousness cause that's the position he will play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then get ready for more ridiculousness cause that's the position he will play
    Yeah I know. People still think the NBA is more physical than Europe. It isn't. Victor doesn't need anyone protecting him. The lineup will shake out naturally when everyone realizes it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Sochan over Tre in point guard skills alone, and that's before considering his movement without the ball, his rebounding and his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan with a 3-point shot might be a better fit starting next to Wemby. Sochan without a consistent 3-point shot ain't.
    Yea, we don’t know if Sochan does or doesn’t have a consistent 3 pt shot after this summer unless we play him with the starters who will give him the most opportunities to take those shots. Put him on the bench and you’ll never really know. Sochan’s trajectory was on the way up, keeping him as a starter continues that trend because it gives him confidence. Giving KJ the starter role has little upside except “he earned it” and because “he fits better” (even though we won’t give Sochan a chance). Makes little sense.

Thread Information