Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep the energy….. it’s summer league surely he’ll take over the league when the REAL lights come on right? This man will be good in time but some of you need to cut him some slack Hey Dejounte, let me hear your opinion on this post, is it positive enough, you scouting extraordinaire? Clown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May seems like an odd observation, since Wesley has a good family and caring background, but...

He feels like an older child of, like, a single overworked mom, at least on the court. And in interviews, as if there's this cloud over his head. He can't be happy, he's unsettled, because there's too much to do, too many people to take care of -- dinner, cleaning, getting his siblings into pjs and into bed, doing his homework. He feels that way on court, too, like it all hangs on him.

I know Coach Brey at ND is a good coach, and he'll have a great one in Pop, so I hope he settles down and realizes it's not all on his shoulders, that he can relax and learn. I hope he trusts the organization to steer him right and bring out his game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey wes…

PASS THE MOTHER ING BALL FOR S SAKE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop may have to play him. There is no other decent ball handler past Tre.
    I suppose they could pick up some other PG vet or something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop may have to play him. There is no other decent ball handler past Tre.
    I suppose they could pick up some other PG vet or something.
    Queue the clown music……. Thanks for that super hot take! Take your meds and get some rest……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And probably more to come
    Definitely. Maybe as many as 3 more for Richardson Poeltl and absorbing a contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Queue the clown music……. Thanks for that super hot take! Take your meds and get some rest……
    Hey Girl!!
    Miss Cleo tell us of the future!?!
    Will Primo (your boy and last years lotto pick and this years second rounder) be PG?
    How many TOs will he average??
    PATFO taint licker
    Hey Girl-Miss Cleo tell us of the future again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Girl!!
    Miss Cleo tell us of the future!?!
    Will Primo (your boy and last years lotto pick and this years second rounder) be PG?
    How many TOs will he average??
    PATFO taint licker
    Hey Girl-Miss Cleo tell us of the future again
    Some noname scout said Primo would have been selected in the second round this year, and you just took it for granted.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to get a handle on this guy’s personality, basically. He seems like a well raised, respectable, ball hog? He also seems to have some unusual interests. If I remember correctly, on the video they played at draft night, it showed him playing tenor saxophone?? Anyway, he definitely has high potential as a player. I hope somehow he can maintain his swag and not get it beaten out of him learning the Spurs system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some noname scout said Primo would have been selected in the second round this year, and you just took it for granted.
    He sounds like a smart guy though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to get a handle on this guy’s personality, basically. He seems like a well raised, respectable, ball hog? He also seems to have some unusual interests. If I remember correctly, on the video they played at draft night, it showed him playing tenor saxophone?? Anyway, he definitely has high potential as a player. I hope somehow he can maintain his swag and not get it beaten out of him learning the Spurs system.
    The good thing is the days of Pop beating guys down is basically over but he actually seems to be a perfect coach Pop project where long term everyone wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Primo had stayed for a second season at Alabama, would he have stayed at the 20/21 level?
    Is the SEC's level of compe ion higher than in the NBA?
    Last edited by Vince Carter's ankle; 07-17-2022 at 12:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah that was a bandwagon take. Nobody’s gonna be a Jerry McGuire and risk hurting their career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good thing is the days of Pop beating guys down is basically over but he actually seems to be a perfect coach Pop project where long term everyone wins.
    Agree. These guys are lucky to have an organization who are invested on their best long term interest, and Pop is the epitome of that. I think when these 4, and I would include Barlow because I think at 19 and position wise, he’s very much a big part of the rebuilding, start seeing the progression year after year, and drafted together, they’ll develop that tight bond not easy to separate like the big 3. They’ll push and back each other. And again very lucky to have themselves in the best organization like the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gunning for that PG spot tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna have to
    There is no one else cept Tre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley could be erratic at times but you can never question his compe ive spirit. This kid is pure alpha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. Blake is going to test Pop’s patience I imagine. But if Blake can stay positive then he could come out of this as a building block. Long way to go, though.

But does he play the saxophone? That’s the real question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, he doesn't fit the stereotype you and many have of a black American youth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to be fun….. Hypocrisy will be a staple of this thread! Blake is not ready and it will take more time than some of you are willing to admit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Blake isn’t ready…are people actually expecting a 19 year-old picked in the bottom 3rd of the 1st round to be some polished product that instantly takes the league by storm?

I think Wesley’s SL play was encouraging. We got to see the flashes that made people claim he had home run potential. He was unsurprisingly inconsistent, but there’s no denying the potential. I’m not so worried about his shot selection/decision-making…he’s a 19 year-old who was forced to be the #1 option as a freshman, and it’s also entirely likely that the SL staff asked/wanted him to show a high level of aggression during SL play. I’m hopeful he’ll improve in some of those areas but everyone should’ve known he’s a project and isn’t going to be some all-star in his first year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is PG on big boy team?
    Other than Tre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, he doesn't fit the stereotype you and many have of a black American youth.
    I think it’s more nuanced than that. Professional athletes are typically not very cultured, just like many Americans in general aren’t, yet many Spurs players are. More specifically, most Spurs players are very team focused, yet he has no shame going 2-17. I’m just curious to see what he’s about. I can see why you made your comment, though.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gunning for that PG spot tbh
    Confidence, confidence, confidence!

White was here 4 years and never got used to the idea of being a starter.

Thread Information