Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Blake isn’t ready…are people actually expecting a 19 year-old picked in the bottom 3rd of the 1st round to be some polished product that instantly takes the league by storm?

I think Wesley’s SL play was encouraging. We got to see the flashes that made people claim he had home run potential. He was unsurprisingly inconsistent, but there’s no denying the potential. I’m not so worried about his shot selection/decision-making…he’s a 19 year-old who was forced to be the #1 option as a freshman, and it’s also entirely likely that the SL staff asked/wanted him to show a high level of aggression during SL play. I’m hopeful he’ll improve in some of those areas but everyone should’ve known he’s a project and isn’t going to be some all-star in his first year.
    ^this
    If he puts in the work and remains Hungary/humble , the future is bright! We are very lucky to have him I really do like this kid and draft class a whole lot!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s more nuanced than that. Professional athletes are typically not very cultured, just like many Americans in general aren’t, yet many Spurs players are. More specifically, most Spurs players are very team focused, yet he has no shame going 2-17. I’m just curious to see what he’s about. I can see why you made your comment, though.
    Probably the best response I've ever received on this board.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Girl!!
    Miss Cleo tell us of the future!?!
    Will Primo (your boy and last years lotto pick and this years second rounder) be PG?
    How many TOs will he average??
    PATFO taint licker
    Hey Girl-Miss Cleo tell us of the future again
    Following that clowns Dejounte’s lead gonna have you doing a lot of recanting statements….. let me teach you how to think little boy I told you I’m gonna skewer you and I am dumb dumb!! Yo ty takes will be revisited ……….girl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the did I get involved in this? I barely interact with you, scrub

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte you ready to say you’re wrong and apologize to me? Come on, you can do it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the did I get involved in this? I barely interact with you, scrub
    Quit playing the victim! You say so much slick you forgot? So is Blake better than Primo clown?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing serious right now? Plenty of other folks have said worse about Primo and youre singling ME out? You’re ing crazy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing serious right now? Plenty of other folks have said worse about Primo and youre singling ME out? You’re ing crazy
    Here you go:
    Atl Spur insecure as and pissed off people are ting on his boy Primo so he’s gotta go and trash another player who is getting attention

pretty pathetic tbh

You remember now right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who’s better mr super scout? They’re only three or 4 months apart in age……. Who you got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, I’m not doing this pointless ass back and forth with you like you do with GAustex it’s a waste of forum space and we know timvp has bills to pay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, I’m not doing this pointless ass back and forth with you like you do with GAustex it’s a waste of forum space and we know timvp has bills to pay
    The bills get paid by clicks and responses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp was sourced on the front page of Bleacher Report today!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who you got? Stop being a drama queen. Put that bum ass avatar name on it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From NBA Draft Big Board - Three Scouts' perspectives on Mr. Wesley's Summer League:

• “I like his talent and his skills, but it just didn’t look good, if that makes sense. He took some tough shots, but he’s a project and the Spurs are going to give him every opportunity to play through mistakes.”
    • “Blake will have to figure it out. He didn’t have any problems getting shots up, but he didn’t shoot good at all. He was definitely aggressive and shot a lot of free throws.”
    • “I’m not too worried about him because he did stuff you like, he just needs to figure out what’s a good shot and a bad shot, and he’ll need to add a floater to his scoring package.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Wesley basically needs the same development like DJ. Work on his shot. Work on his finishing. Work on his handle. Work on his decision making. Spurs did it with DJ and Wesley is a gym rat so I believe he will get there

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generally not a big fan of all the intense personal arguing that goes on in this forum, but it is intriguing to see Dark ATL Spur emerge. Didn’t see that coming. I think it’s a foreshadow for the dark days to come next season. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From NBA Draft Big Board - Three Scouts' perspectives on Mr. Wesley's Summer League:
    As I said in another thread if he shot better he would have been a top 10 pick. As said above he can almost always get a shot off. That's saying a lot. Plays defense, a lot better court vision than I expected and doesn't turn it over. Very compe ive.
    His potential is extremely high. But it's still potential.
    I think he does enough to where he's playable now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generally not a big fan of all the intense personal arguing that goes on in this forum, but it is intriguing to see Dark ATL Spur emerge. Didn’t see that coming. I think it’s a foreshadow for the dark days to come next season. Lol.
    As long as it doesn’t go too far it's all just banter. As someone who throws stones you need to cross your t’s and dot your i’s. That’s my frustration with some takes; information is free these days yet ppl can't take two minutes to research or support their view.

These forthcoming dark days are a necessary but self inflicted reality.

I think most ppl on this board could benefit from watching the NBA and not just following the Spurs by way of social media and box scores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in another thread if he shot better he would have been a top 10 pick. As said above he can almost always get a shot off. That's saying a lot. Plays defense, a lot better court vision than I expected and doesn't turn it over. Very compe ive.
    His potential is extremely high. But it's still potential.
    I think he does enough to where he's playable now
    Agree on all points.

Wesley offers a Point of Difference from the PG position the Spurs really haven't had since Prime TP, one who can break Defenses down with Speed/First Step.
    His development pathway will be an interesting one to watch and a delicate tightrope to walk.

He obviously needs to add strength but not at the expense of his Speed.
    He needs to be more judicious with his shot selection but not so much that is leans towards passivity.
    (Those 2 late game 3s in one of the Summer League games are by most basketball metrics, low percentage shots, but it's the chutzpah, god given talents only the great guards have).

The floater, inbetween game should be his primary focus of development this year IMHO, just as the third scout alluded to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all love big dog! I just get sick of the double standard BS with this dude….. it’s ok to admit both of our 19 year olds playing in the best league on the planet need work! That man was damn near ready to leave his wife for Blake

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But on the real, this kid is gonna be a nice asset! If he doesn’t pan out ( highly unlikely ) it won’t be because of effort����

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you people trashing him over summer league, I don't know what to say. I like seeing this aggressiveness compared to the passive we've had to see from White and Walker these past few years. ing terrible timid from those two the past few years. Sure, he needs to reign it in and can't do this in regular NBA games, but also, is anyone asking the question if the Spurs have instructed him to play this way in SL? I think the Spurs will instruct him on what to clean up, but I'd still rather it all be from a starting point of aggressiveness rather than trying to teach someone to be aggressive.
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-19-2022 at 02:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you people trashing him over summer league, I don't know what to say. I like seeing this aggressiveness compared to the passive we've had to see from White and Walker these past few years. ing terrible timid from those two the past few years. Sure, he needs to reign it in and can't do this in regular NBA games, but also, is anyone asking the question if the Spurs have instructed him to play this way in SL? I think the Spurs will instruct him on what to clean up, but I'd still rather it all be from a starting point of aggressiveness rather than trying to teach someone to be aggressive.
    Yeah, it makes it much more bearable to watch when a player has it in mind what he’s going to do and do it without hesitation. He’ll eventually find when to take to take those shots and where his spots are and when that happens, it will be a sight to see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it makes it much more bearable to watch when a player has it in mind what he’s going to do and do it without hesitation. He’ll eventually find when to take to take those shots and where his spots are and when that happens, it will be a sight to see.
    Yeah, this is what I am hoping. I hope they can hone those instincts so that he can balance out what shots to take and when to pass the ball. I love his potential and hope Blake can make the most of it. My favourite types of players are ones that drive to the rack and can draw fouls. He still needs to work a lot, but I hope he can get court time in the NBA and learn on the job. I love the fearlessness I've seen from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just getting rid of his three pump fake the pointers and extremely long twos high in the shot clock will go a ways to help. Then figure out how to attack the rim against help defense better. After that it's learning when he needs to call his own number and when it's more important to cycle the ball.

Thread Information