Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future Big 3. They come in 3’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he cant, aren't 00 and 0 both zero? Isn't it the same#?
    Who knows? My only frame of reference is 2K, where 0 and 00 are different numbers... but it's 2K... so not really a reliable source of info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​00 and 0 are definitely different numbers, so long as no two players on the same team have them at the same time. Here’s what I found.

The league's rules behind jersey number selection are pretty straightforward: players can wear any number combination between 00 and 99—almost. The one number not allowed is 69 for . . . obvious reasons. The NBA can thank rebounding great and Hall-of-Famer Dennis Rodman for this little wrinkle. Aug 3, 2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shows off his explosiveness here. Plays bigger than his 6’4 listing. If/when his jumper develops, this kid could be dangerous. I know we have a lot of guards but this pick was a no-brainer at 25 imo. I expect him to spend most of next season in Austin which is good.

Chad and Thomas can’t hold him!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't the 10 Rodman s number with us? Sure by the different colors of his head and phisically too Sochan looks like him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See that Wesley says he's not a fan of the heat and likes snow. Good luck with that in SA, chief.

And kind of off-topic, but does anyone of you know the financial side or have any thoughts on potentially having three rooks needing contract extensions at the same time, if they all show out? I mean it's feasible we have Ayton on the last year or two of a max, Dejounte on a costly extension, with Vassell, KJ, & Primo etc. on big extensions just as these cats are hitting their first rookie extensions. Seems untenable to me but I'm admittedly not a contract guy

Seems like the financial side is going to hamstring this teams capabilities in 4 yrs.

This likely won't be a repeat of the era of Duncan, Parker. and Ginobili signing team-friendly contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See that Wesley says he's not a fan of the heat and likes snow. Good luck with that in SA, chief.

And kind of off-topic, but does anyone of you know the financial side or have any thoughts on potentially having three rooks needing contract extensions at the same time, if they all show out? I mean it's feasible we have Ayton on the last year or two of a max, Dejounte on a costly extension, with Vassell, KJ, & Primo etc. on big extensions just as these cats are hitting their first rookie extensions. Seems untenable to me but I'm admittedly not a contract guy

Seems like the financial side is going to hamstring this teams capabilities in 4 yrs.

This likely won't be a repeat of the era of Duncan, Parker. and Ginobili signing team-friendly contracts.
    Its only a problem if all 3 reach their potential or at least some of it which is a good problem to have. If the Spurs end up in a situation where they can’t afford all of them they can always trade one for capital like they did with White and just repeat the cycle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the first extension is usually very good value, just look at DJ. I don't see that as a problem. The 2nd will be hard and players might leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the first extension is usually very good value, just look at DJ. I don't see that as a problem. The 2nd will be hard and players might leave
    Yes, plus it's a GREAT problem to have, because it means they all panned out. Worst case scenario, you trade one of them to balance the roster. But I think it's very unlikely we're talking to big extensions to all three plus Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's part of the lifecycle of a winning team, but if we get there it's because all three did well, and just flip one for other assets or value, OKC style. Keeping a quota of young talent on rookie contracts at all times is a great way to remain flexible and fuel a multi year run for a contender. But we're getting ahead of ourselves here, that's a best case scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are the picks between Malaki at 20 and Blake Wesley:

Christian Braun
    Walker Kessler
    David Roddy
    MarJon Beauchamp

Eh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That range consists of teams that are trying to compete now, Wesley is too raw for them to take him. He probably had a higher chance to go 15-20 than 20-25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like this dude is going to get into fights in practice with how compe ive he is. It will only elevate the rest of the team to work harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Extensive examination of Wesley's 'advantage creation' abilities, namely his speed and ability to shift gears. The analyst talks about a lack of vertical explosiveness (Wesley's advantage is horizontal in space) and miserable finishing stats. But is really high on the foundation and says, pre-draft, that he'd take Wesley in the lottery. Basically, if the kid can solve some of his finishing issues he's a major weapon, as he's unstoppable getting into the lane.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad and Thomas can’t hold him!!!
    He's destroying that slow, short white guy. Just killing him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, yeah, that's the caveat... he's raw. Otherwise he'd go as high as Ivey. We had 3 picks, it makes all the sense in the world to use 25 on a high risk, high reward player. There were certainly players with a higher floor taken behind him, but not many (if any) with as high a ceiling as him. He grew up with Ivey, he measures up. Seems like a great kid, and the Spurs have the staff to help him get there, we just have to be a little patient with him, more so than Sochan -immediate impact- and Branham -probably already productive this season-. I think he's totally worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^If the team really is going to tank Blake may be seeing more time with the big squad rather than the Austin Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Blake plays good defense, I'd rather the Spurs just play him rather than send him to Austin. I'd rather he work on his offense in the NBA against NBA caliber players. He's an exciting prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley nearly has the same skillset as Murray. I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to build him the same way. He has the same turnaround J that Murray has though obviously not as polished. Wesley is more explosive getting to the rim. He also gets a lot of steals from passing lanes and picks the pocket from whoever he’s defending.

But most of all, he’s the rook I wouldn’t bet against out of the three of them. Stories of him getting upset that other players getting more attention and that driving him to an extra gear makes him an X factor. There really is a chance for him to become something special, perhaps sooner than expected because of his physical tools. It’s the mental stuff that he’s got to get down. Hopefully he’s not a dumb player and picks things up fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But most of all, he’s the rook I wouldn’t bet against out of the three of them. Stories of him getting upset that other players getting more attention and that driving him to an extra gear makes him an X factor. There really is a chance for him to become something special, perhaps sooner than expected because of his physical tools. It’s the mental stuff that he’s got to get down. Hopefully he’s not a dumb player and picks things up fast.
    Definitely. He sounds like a great kid, but underlying there's a mean streak. You can tell he's super compe ive, and he knows he's got what it takes. He grew up playing against Ivey, that's a blessing. This guy not only knows he has what it takes, he knows what he needs to do to get there. Talented, coachable and compe ive. I love this kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information