Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May as well play the man!

It is not like giving him some burn would hamstring our offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    King of the league

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athletic ability -96
    Mental ability -34

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotdamn. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like that dunk

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley is auditioning for oversea league tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worth one point thanks to the technical foul.

Doesn't act like he's been there before, because he hasn't.

Gayest taunt in the universe the first time he doesn't get his stuffed back in his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give this kid a break. He is on his 2nd year. Already he’s Spurs better point-of-attack defender. Once and IF he gets it all together, he’ll be a great addition to the team.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with BOTH of the last two posts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Pop kinda of screwed him as he was such a project that he should have been in the G League all of last year and the start of this year. He had a lot of things to work on and I thought that was what the G League was for? If he could just slow his brain down a little bit and understand he is not MJ on offense I think he could make a great bench guy cause his defense is legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Pop kinda of screwed him as he was such a project that he should have been in the G League all of last year and the start of this year. He had a lot of things to work on and I thought that was what the G League was for? If he could just slow his brain down a little bit and understand he is not MJ on offense I think he could make a great bench guy cause his defense is legit.
    He was playing well last season.. then he got injured... wasnt the same when he came back

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the kind of player pop needs to keep and develop. He can push the pace not like Sochan, turnovers will happen with Blake what is the difference now... Can't teach speed and he can motor....he is worth the risk.. jmho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was playing well last season.. then he got injured... wasnt the same when he came back
    And then he was given all off season to develop and showed up doing all the same stupid . Seriously, the taunt after that dunk tells me he's too goddamned stupid to be an NBA player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give Wesley a chance to swipe at the ball instead of getting back on defense like everybody else!
    I guess one good thing is he has played within himself in NBA garbage time this year.
    I got emotional during a Summer League game reacting like it was 6 but I am still curious about him. And I love Tre don’t think this is his replacement or anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is surprising, I know Wesley has been but so has our entire team. Why spend 20 games absolutely bleeding at PG with Sochan and not at least throw Wesley in there a time or two lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love all these posters getting mad at the lack of a stoic response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I’m watching the austin g league game and Wesley looks much improved finishing wise… just one game though

Believe.
    Post Count
    So I’m watching the austin g league game and Wesley looks much improved finishing wise… just one game though
    lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can’t he do that in real life?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when Dejounte couldn't finish and then all of a sudden he could. Granted, Blake's deficiency feels unprecedented, but not getting blocked at the rim every time would be huge for him. Whether he can pass or not is a different issue, but iirc in college he statistically was very good running pnr actions. So we'll see how he develops.

So many of our players need patience to see if they turn it around. Unfortunately, many posters here want to on young players when they suck then blame everyone when the player later turns it around on another team, and it's not just because Pop is holding all of them back. Some, sure, but not all.

That's my pseudo nuanced thought on the State of Blake Wesley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when Dejounte couldn't finish and then all of a sudden he could. Granted, Blake's deficiency feels unprecedented, but not getting blocked at the rim every time would be huge for him. Whether he can pass or not is a different issue, but iirc in college he statistically was very good running pnr actions. So we'll see how he develops.

So many of our players need patience to see if they turn it around. Unfortunately, many posters here want to on young players when they suck then blame everyone when the player later turns it around on another team, and it's not just because Pop is holding all of them back. Some, sure, but not all.

That's my pseudo nuanced thought on the State of Blake Wesley.
    main issue dejounte had early in his career iirc was the loose dribble, but he looked really different going into year 3 before he tore is ACL, and that carried through upon his return. then the middy jumper became more of an automatic for him that thats when he became a really good player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a strong finish and dunk. This is a great direction for him. I'd say he's learning something. He had a lot of Lonnie Walker type finishes in the big club. That's why he's in Austin. Hopefully, he keeps developing and next year can contribute.

Thread Information