View Poll Results: Highest Ceiling Youth?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Johnson

1 1.27%
  • Vassell

20 25.32%
  • Primo

26 32.91%
  • Sochan

13 16.46%
  • Branham

7 8.86%
  • Wesley

12 15.19%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, if you want to piss in your own Applejacks and scarf it down, be my guest.
    I'm in you son of a !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has Primo shown that remotely suggests that he has all star potential, much less the highest ceiling of the 6? He doesn't do anything particularly well, is a "shooter" who shot well below the league average, isn't athletic and doesn't get to the line. He projects to be, at best, a bigger Patty Mills with a modi more defense.

He was an absolutely atrocious pick at 11. It's ok to admit that. Suggesting he has a high ceiling, much less the highest ceiling among the rooks, is some high grade copium.
    I don’t see it there either with Primo yet and then I can’t really say anything about any of the rookies based on stats and a super short highlight video. I personally can’t answer this question that OP is posing.

I am not high on Primo as an all star potential type. Want to see him do well and all but I am not convinced he’s the highest potential guy.

I’d place Johnson and Vassell above him.

Then bottom line bc he’s a two way player, probably Vassell is who I am highest on currently.

Offensively Johnson probably has the best potential.

Id like to see the rookies do well b4 hyping them up too much. After all, who had the athleticism of Lonnie Walker IV and looked better than him in terms of potential?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the top of my head, Sengun, Duarte, Murphy
    Duarte and Murphy are what they are. They’re finished products, much like Brandon Clarke. It’s the tax you pay for players, outside of the top 3-4 picks in any draft, who can play right away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan cause I think he got DPOY ability on that side of the ball. He is also an underrated passer and I think Pop has been dying to run some stuff out of the post the last few years.

Primo...I got to see it to believe it...if the spurs front office got busted for sniffing coke tomorrow my first thought would be "so THATS why they think Primo has franchise player potential". And I'm a guy who didn't mind the primo pick at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two have the highest theoretical ceiling, but realistically it's prolly Vassell.
    This is the correct answer. Well done.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan cause I think he got DPOY ability on that side of the ball. He is also an underrated passer and I think Pop has been dying to run some stuff out of the post the last few years.

Primo...I got to see it to believe it...if the spurs front office got busted for sniffing coke tomorrow my first thought would be "so THATS why they think Primo has franchise player potential". And I'm a guy who didn't mind the primo pick at all.
    I doubt they think that now, tbh. Seems like he might be a Jrue-level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murphy I think has a fairly low ceiling. Duarte is literally six years older than Primo. Only Sengun, but his defense is atrocious and may never get to neutral.

Last year's draft was top heavy and then really, really bad. Settle down on Primo. He's going to be good.
    Not if pigeonholed into a guard position. He needs to blossom as a wing, which if he does is a win for this team as its the most importantposition in modern day basketball. So that'snot a knock on Primo, but PATFO should be trying to show him out there. If he turns into a badass wing player, this team has just gotten much better because it allows depth at the wing and allows players at the SG and players at the SF position to be better positioned. Primo, Vassell, Keldon, and Sochan are key in this regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley
    Branham
    Vassell
    Keldon
    Sochan (could develop into DPOY, but since it's more about scoring I got him that low even though he could also be a 15 PPG scorer just no go-to guy)
    Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duarte and Murphy are what they are. They’re finished products, much like Brandon Clarke. It’s the tax you pay for players, outside of the top 3-4 picks in any draft, who can play right away.
    I don't agree on Murphy. He just turned 22 a week ago and has one NBA season on his resume where he led all rookies in 3pt%. He's also taller than 6'9" now and adjusting to occasionally being put in the PF position, after being a SG/SF forward in college, and he talks in almost every interview about working on improving his handle and D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Murphy is going to be better than I thought. I just think he will be an excellent 3&D guy as a ceiling. That's a great ceiling, obviously.

For this I think I voted Blake Wesley. Sochan could be incredible if he fixes shooting problems. The others have a lot of potential. Just want to give a li'l shine to Wesley. He needs smoothing out, but his tools are potentially incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't make a pick on the highest ceiling because that assumes that one or more of these guys will turn out to be outstanding, maybe All-star material. Really? Well, if you think so and have voted for one of these players you must have a crystal ball--or maybe just one of those snowmen globes that fuzzes up the view when you shake it. The three players who've already had a season with the Spurs certainly haven't shown All-star potential yet. And the three newbies haven't played a minute yet against NBA compe ion. But who knows? Maybe the three draftees will ultimately be better than the three "veterans."???

The three newbies have some mystique about them because they appear to fill some needs that the three veterans haven't been able to nail down in their skill-sets.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm taking the guy with the most athleticism of the bunch, Wesley. He's going to be a steal where he was drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo avoiding this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough question but only because I've seen him play in the NBA already, once I see the three rooks get some run in the NBA and see how they translate then my answer might change. I like Vassell because he's only 21 and I can't think of any glaring weaknesses in his game so far. Yeah he's inconsistent and indecisive at times but thats to be expected.

He can shoot, rebound, make the right pass, and defend and shown some pretty deceiving athletic plays last season. It was his first season ever having a spot in a NBA rotation and I think he did pretty well. He was the only one to show up in the Play In Game against the Pelicans. I love Keldon as well but I think the gap between Devin and Keldon's defensive potential gives me the edge for Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it really necessary to post these videos in every thread?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is luka samanic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick question: why do we think Primo has the highest ceiling of all the youth? He’s not the most athletic of the bunch (that would be Wesley). He’s not the tallest (that would be Sochan). So why does he have the highest ceiling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick question: why do we think Primo has the highest ceiling of all the youth? He’s not the most athletic of the bunch (that would be Wesley). He’s not the tallest (that would be Sochan). So why does he have the highest ceiling?

hes our future pg. pop loves his court vision and primo suave savvy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got the heart of a champion

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because believing that is the only way to retroactively justify picking him that high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wesley just because he has the lowest floor but i'd rank:

1) wesley
    2) branham
    3) primo
    4) sochan
    5) vassell
    6) johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all the yutes, I'd put Primo at the top.

Based on the org's faith in him as a cornerstone moving forward.

Vassell seems low on many of your rankings.
    I'd put him higher. He showed a lot of versatility on offense.
    Much more than the projected scenario where he was a 3pt shooter only.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because believing that is the only way to retroactively justify picking him that high.
    Ouch lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is luka samanic?

His ceiling turned out to be the basement ceiling.

But beyond the ceiling question, who’s in the attic? And why? That’s what I want to know.

Thread Information