Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets celebrate the longest winning streak of the season with a hypothetical. ...were going all in on vassell and keldon. Poertle can stay. Which trade for a young player or veteran would you trade the pick haul for to get the current core to the playoffs? Spurs have never had this flexibility and ever year they'll be a variation of this question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a weird choice since this is purely hypothetical, but I’d try to use the war chest to get Giddy, Holmgren, and Jalen Williams from OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The San Antonio Spurs will sign free agent center Charles Bassey on a two-way NBA contract, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Bassey is entering his second season after being a 76ers second-round pick in 2021.“. Oh the pivot is real!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldn't go all in no matter what, but I would be looking for a young PG. Feel like Maxey would be ideal, but maybe someone like Fox would be a good buy-low candidate, assuming the Kings start kinging. Van Vleet? Going the other direction, Ben Simmons could make sense if they moved Poeltl.

I wouldn't look to make any real trade until after the next draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're a year too late, but Halliburton would have been a perfect "buy" with some of our assets (without any regard to price)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year I thought our weaknesses were: shot creation, help defense, and rebounding

this year, my early assessment is that we have a backup point guard problem. The bench is supposed to provide energy, but instead the pace slows down when Primo is leading it. No issues with Primo having ball handling duties, but I think right now he has too much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldn't go all in no matter what, but I would be looking for a young PG. Feel like Maxey would be ideal, but maybe someone like Fox would be a good buy-low candidate, assuming the Kings start kinging. Van Vleet? Going the other direction, Ben Simmons could make sense if they moved Poeltl.

I guess it comes down to price but of the ones you mentioned I like Maxie the best but I don't see a realistic path to acquiring him. Of the rest I'd really want to go with guys who have a good bbiq and would fit in moving the ball. Simmons (although most here don't like him) makes some sense to me but, he'd probably move Sochan and Jones to the bench and we'd trot out a Primo, DV, KJ, BS, and Jak lineup. I don't think you can have 3 guys in the SL that aren't real threats from deep.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is 0% chance we get Tall Tony parker then I'd try to turn Jones, Primo, and one or two of the hawks picks in SGA. SGA, Devin, Keldon, Sochan, and insert center here is a very nice team going forward.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it comes down to price but of the ones you mentioned I like Maxie the best but I don't see a realistic path to acquiring him. Of the rest I'd really want to go with guys who have a good bbiq and would fit in moving the ball. Simmons (although most here don't like him) makes some sense to me but, he'd probably move Sochan and Jones to the bench and we'd trot out a Primo, DV, KJ, BS, and Jak lineup. I don't think you can have 3 guys in the SL that aren't real threats from deep.
    Simmons on paper skills match but in real life he is a head case. He might just be to broken mentally to be the player on the court that he should be on paper.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re going all in after winning three games? Let’s see how the lottery goes first. But maybe this thread isn’t being literal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons on paper skills match but in real life he is a head case. He might just be to broken mentally to be the player on the court that he should be on paper.
    That's a very real possibility...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re going all in after winning three games? Let’s see how the lottery goes first. But maybe this thread isn’t being literal.
    Nobody's suggesting that...it's Cleary a hypothetical for discussion and not a real proposal to go all in now...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look closely, they are molding primos game after Luka / SGA type of skill set. Those two are big guards with a skill set which supports skill over athleticism. Primo will be ok, he just going through trial by fire; on the other side we should be golden! The development takes time and lots patience……..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year I thought our weaknesses were: shot creation, help defense, and rebounding

this year, my early assessment is that we have a backup point guard problem. The bench is supposed to provide energy, but instead the pace slows down when Primo is leading it. No issues with Primo having ball handling duties, but I think right now he has too much.
    I agree with this take, if Tre goes down it will not be pretty.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this take, if Tre goes down it will not be pretty.
    Why not? We will just let Primo run the point more and take his lumps! Say it with me people “ Development Year “

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? We will just let Primo run the point more and take his lumps! Say it with me people “ Development Year “
    Even of your right it doesn't negate the fact that watching him 'take his lumps' against starting caliber players won't be pretty to watch..

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo’s development is good for losses. That’s probably the closest pop will come to outwardly tanking. Joking?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even of your right it doesn't negate the fact that watching him 'take his lumps' against starting caliber players won't be pretty to watch..
    Losing never is………

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's no scenario where it makes sense to add Ben Simmons to your basketball team, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we really decided to tank hard yeah trade Poodle for Simmons for sure we get a top 3 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no scenario where it makes sense to add Ben Simmons to your basketball team, tbh.
    Sure there is..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're making wild guesses on a hypothetical question, how about KAT?
    I don't think the twin towers will work in Minny.
    Between Gobert and KAT they may not want to move Gobert and admit their mistake, so instead KAT becomes a potential trade piece.
    Plus KAT just pissed off Edwards by publicly calling out his eating habits on Monday.

KAT would be a consistent top scorer, he hits 3s so we don't have to worry about having enough of that on the floor, and he can also play inside to open up 3s for Keldon & Vassell.
    A starting lineup of KAT, Sochan, Keldon, Vassell, and Tre would be a playoff team for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to see things your way on that. He better get back to his Philly prime quick. That said, his contract being negative means he's likely the best talent:price (assets). The only other one that could challenge that would be Fox, but DAF (not you) is playing decent ball right now and probably isn't on the table. Any other bad contract tied to a player who's potentially good I can think of is for a role-player shooter like Duncan Robinson or Shamet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate that LeBron can't be traded this year because he would be amazing with this Spurs roster and the LA situation is so screwed up that moving LeBron would be one of the few moves that would make sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look closely, they are molding primos game after Luka / SGA type of skill set. Those two are big guards with a skill set which supports skill over athleticism. Primo will be ok, he just going through trial by fire; on the other side we should be golden! The development takes time and lots patience……..
    I'll give you that's exactly what Pop is shooting for but then you have to acknowledge those guys process the floor at a much higher level not only passing but also creating space with hesitations and little bursts that help them get easy buckets every damn game. Show me where Primo does this.

Thread Information