View Poll Results: Highest Ceiling Youth?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Johnson

1 1.27%
  • Vassell

20 25.32%
  • Primo

26 32.91%
  • Sochan

13 16.46%
  • Branham

7 8.86%
  • Wesley

12 15.19%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't be popular opinion, but I'm thinking it's between Primo or Branham, just because they're probably the only ones with go-to possibilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two have the highest theoretical ceiling, but realistically it's prolly Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Wesley and Malaki Branham have multiple all star potential (not saying that is necessarily the case, but could be), but if his shot develops, Sochan is a perennial all defensive and maybe even some all NBA caliber player. Not the best player on a championship team, certainly not by the boxscore, but with tremendous impact on the outcome of games. Playing styles apart, I see a lot of similarities with Manu in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking Branham and Wesley might be there. I feel like I'll know more about Primo's ceiling during the summer league when he has time under him but isn't trying to fit in. I don't know if I can get a good feel of who's overall ceiling would be the highest but:

Offensively:

1) Branham
    2) Wesley
    3) Johnson

Defensively:

1) Sochan
    2) Wesley
    3) Vassell

Only counting guys on rookie contracts here. I don't know why, but I think Wesley might have star potential. Elite burst cannot by taught, and while he's not big, he's big enough to be a star two-guard. I actually like the potential of all of the young guys, though. They aren't all going to be stars, but I think they can all be contributors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry Lonnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s how I would rank them:

Wesley
    Primo
    Keldon
    Sochan
    Branham
    Vassell

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking if 2021 draft Primo was in this years draft, where would he be drafted?

Branham easily goes ahead of him. Same age, similar tough schedule that Primo faced, much more productive and efficient with higher usage.

I would say Wesley goes ahead of Primo too tbh.

Was last years draft really that bad? Or is this one really deep? Bit of both I think. While the Spurs reached for Primo there's not that much that went after him who are doing that well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking if 2021 draft Primo was in this years draft, where would he be drafted?

Branham easily goes ahead of him. Same age, similar tough schedule that Primo faced, much more productive and efficient with higher usage.

I would say Wesley goes ahead of Primo too tbh.

Was last years draft really that bad? Or is this one really deep? Bit of both I think. While the Spurs reached for Primo there's not that much that went after him who are doing that well.
    This:
    I'm curious as to where you all would rank Primo among this year's 2 guards, purely valuing him as a prospect given what we know today, and sparing any sour grapes argument such as "he already knows the system" and such. I'm talking about an honest assessment of who's a better NBA prospect than him and who isn't from the perspective of a third party who could have a choice between them, regardless of whether he was a good pick or not last year. This year's class (partial list, obviously):
    Jaden Ivey
    Shaedon Sharpe
    Dyson Daniels
    Bennedict Mathurin
    Johnny Davis
    Malaki Branham
    Blake Wesley
    Ochai Agbaji
    Bryce McGowens
    Jaden Hardy
    Jalen Williams
    MarJon Beauchamp
    Christian Braun
    Terquavion Smith
    Trevor Keels
    Good question. Really difficult one to answer. Primo would undoubtedly be behind Sharpe and Mathurin. Most likely behind Daniels, Davis and Branham. Possibly behind Agbaji (if a contender is drafting) and Jalen Williams (if he does well in the scrimmages). Probably not behind Wesley, McGowens or Hardy. Definitely not behind the rest.

Looking at it as unbiased as I can, my guess is Primo would go somewhere between 14 and 20 in this draft if he was made available.
    I was curious what a non-Spurs fan thought so I texted a scout employed by an NBA team who watched Primo in person both in G League and in the NBA . . .

Ouch, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Shades of” list. Not direct comps. Just players they remind me of.

Wesley - Dwyane Wade / Donavon Mitc
    Primo - Harden
    Keldon - Barkley
    Sochan - Draymond
    Branham - Shorter Durant. Emmanuelginobili just made this comp and I like it.
    Vassell - Khris Middleton / Allan Houston

The Spurs really addressed their need for a go to scorer. Branham and Wesley both have potential in that regard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley or Primo. We are underrating Primo pull up range.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I've been watching highlights of the rookies and while I like the potential from the two guards drafted, i still think Primo has the highest ceiling on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t sleep on Joe Dirt. The guy got 42 inch vertical at the combine He could very well be Brent Barry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all know Sochan is a PG right? He’s a PF but plays some PG. He could be Ben Simmons/Draymond with Rodman swagger. I see a little of JR Smith at ude too, damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has Primo shown that remotely suggests that he has all star potential, much less the highest ceiling of the 6? He doesn't do anything particularly well, is a "shooter" who shot well below the league average, isn't athletic and doesn't get to the line. He projects to be, at best, a bigger Patty Mills with a modi more defense.

He was an absolutely atrocious pick at 11. It's ok to admit that. Suggesting he has a high ceiling, much less the highest ceiling among the rooks, is some high grade copium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has Primo shown that remotely suggests that he has all star potential, much less the highest ceiling of the 6? He doesn't do anything particularly well, is a "shooter" who shot well below the league average, isn't athletic and doesn't get to the line. He projects to be, at best, a bigger Patty Mills with a modi more defense.

He was an absolutely atrocious pick at 11. It's ok to admit that. Suggesting he has a high ceiling, much less the highest ceiling among the rooks, is some high grade copium.
    Okay Debbie Downer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who would you pick above Primo from the 2021 draft? Not having a go, genuinely curious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah remember reading this. From a post draft perspective, I still kinda think Primo would go early 2nd round. Maybe late 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would you pick above Primo from the 2021 draft? Not having a go, genuinely curious.
    Off the top of my head, Sengun, Duarte, Murphy

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was about to post Forms but forgot he's gone, so I'll say Jason Richardson is our highest ceiling youth we've had on the team since Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    + Herb Jones, Moody, Tre Mann, Bones Hyland, Ayo Dosunmu, Jose Alvarado, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was pick 12. You're also wrong about everything else. Just sit on your couch and wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murphy I think has a fairly low ceiling. Duarte is literally six years older than Primo. Only Sengun, but his defense is atrocious and may never get to neutral.

Last year's draft was top heavy and then really, really bad. Settle down on Primo. He's going to be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was pick 12. You're also wrong about everything else. Just sit on your couch and wait.
    Cool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, if you want to piss in your own Applejacks and scarf it down, be my guest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    + Herb Jones, Moody, Tre Mann, Bones Hyland, Ayo Dosunmu, Jose Alvarado, etc.
    I would take Herb Jones for sure over Primo in a heartbeat, even despite being nearly 5 years older.

The rest I don't know if I would. They have def shown more than Primo but they all have their flaws a limits on their ceiling.

Thread Information