Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write-up Timvp, thanks for the break down of everything that went on behind the scenes. It’s been historically hard to figure out what the FO thinks. Now we got something to look forward to in the summer league with the rooks and primo! I’m really interested to see Primo play and see what he’s been working on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want ot make it clear that the Spurs don't "have" Hall. They are having him play on their SL team, but that doesn't give them any rights to him. He could be signed by another team tomorrow. The Spurs have Barlow's rights for three years if they want to keep giving him contracts. Now, Hall might get a two-way from the Spurs later on, but not now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading the 38th pick in a deep draft for a future SRP, probably in the late 50s, and cash ? Disappointing. They could have signed Barlow even without Memphis money and using the pick in a wiser manner. Not a good move.
    Could you please hold off on slitting your wrists until we know WHAT pick it is? Doesn’t have to be Memphis own…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you please hold off on slitting your wrists until we know WHAT pick it is? Doesn’t have to be Memphis own…
    It's officially LAL's 2024 pick.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

2024 second round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
    L.A. Lakers' 2024 2nd round pick to San Antonio (via Memphis) [L.A. Lakers-Memphis, 9/10/2021; Memphis-San Antonio, 6/24/2022]
    In terms of pure picks, it's not an improvement. But it's nice to have a guaranteed extra second in four of the next six drafts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading the 38th pick in a deep draft for a future SRP, probably in the late 50s, and cash ? Disappointing. They could have signed Barlow even without Memphis money and using the pick in a wiser manner. Not a good move.
    They got a future 2nd round on top of money to pay for Barlow. Pretty clever really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the official NBA site (further reassurance): https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/m...o-spurs-220624
    Memphis, Tenn. – The Memphis Grizzlies today announced the team acquired the draft rights to Kennedy Chandler, the No. 38 overall pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, from the San Antonio Spurs for a 2024 second round draft pick (via the Los Angeles Lakers).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write-up, and just want to thank timvp for all of his efforts here. Not only taking the time to write up the content, but I can't imagine the behind the scenes work it takes to evaluate these players, network with scouts, etc.

As your Big Boards and the draft showed...you were basically on target. Moreso than some of the "major media" outlets out there.

This is why SpursTalk is the quintessential place for Spurs discussion, thanks to LJ and Kori Ellis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called the Dieng smokescreen, tbh.

Not possible that so many people in NBA or fan circles were figuring out he was spurs pick and that he actually would. Very unspursy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's officially LAL's 2024 pick.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

In terms of pure picks, it's not an improvement. But it's nice to have a guaranteed extra second in four of the next six drafts
    Especially from an asset perspective. We probably won't use some of those picks, but we can package them to bring people in or move people out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to imagine LAL being a top 10 team in two years.
    They'll be fine. They're the LA freaking Lakers. Once Westbrook is off the books, they'll still have LeBron. My guess is Unibrow is gone too. Thus theyll have a bunch if capspace. They'll just replace those guys with the absolute best available FAs because they can. They rarely have to draft to win. It sucks buts its how the world works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am starting to appreciate the draft better after the dust settled:

1 go-to scorer- Brahnam
    2 defensive PF - Sochan
    3 point of attack defender - Sochan, Brahnam and Wesley (both 6’10” wingspan)
    4 Backup Center - Barlow

Plus over the fence prospect Blake, with Iveyish athleticism still raw but already dominating the workout
    All three trajectories to be top draft prospects next year as their roles increased.
    Sochan would start to dominate when his Point Forward skills are further developed. A better Simmons, Barkley-esque bully in the paint.
    Brahnam not first-step fast but knowing how to manufacture points
    I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but these guys have over the fence upsides, could be really really good, enough for me to forget Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called the Dieng smokescreen, tbh.

Not possible that so many people in NBA or fan circles were figuring out he was spurs pick and that he actually would. Very unspursy.
    Lol. OKC never smokescreened about him. I posted like 2 months ago how one of their scouts went on record saying he was the steal of this draft. Multiple other teams were clearly very high on him, including PATFO, as timvp reported his intel said he was a possibility.

And what ended up happening is we took the BPA as Sochan was clearly higher on their board. But OKC gave up 3 backdoor FRPs for him. There was no smoke. Dieng is all fire.

I'm gonna love watching the ST narrative have to eat crow on him. And yall will get plenty of opportunities as we face him 4 times each year. He's gonna be good to great. Smoke ain't worth 3 FRPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am starting to appreciate the draft better after the dust settled:

1 go-to scorer- Brahnam
    2 defensive PF - Sochan
    3 point of attack defender - Sochan, Brahnam and Wesley (both 6’10” wingspan)
    4 Backup Center - Barlow

Plus over the fence prospect Blake, with Iveyish athleticism still raw but already dominating the workout
    All three trajectories to be top draft prospects next year as their roles increased.
    Sochan would start to dominate when his Point Forward skills are further developed. A better Simmons, Barkley-esque bully in the paint.
    Brahnam not first-step fast but knowing how to manufacture points
    I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but these guys have over the fence upsides, could be really really good, enough for me to forget Davis
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Plus the Jordan Hall --- Point Forward, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, timvp.

You answered the biggest question I had, the cherry on top question -- whether the Spurs would've take Procida at 38 (my hope was growing as it continued to look more possible until it didn't).

I'll be in Vegas in two weeks to see the Spurs first three games. This will be a fun team to watch (although I'm pretty sure most Spurs games will be at Cox Pavilion rather than the main stage as usual).

Can't wait to see Sharpe's coming out party (spare the jokes) for Portland as well!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll be fine. They're the LA freaking Lakers. Once Westbrook is off the books, they'll still have LeBron. My guess is Unibrow is gone too. Thus theyll have a bunch if capspace. They'll just replace those guys with the absolute best available FAs because they can. They rarely have to draft to win. It sucks buts its how the world works.
    Lebron might not that is when Bronny is draftable and AD still on the books and looks broken down the last 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron might not that is when Bronny is draftable and AD still on the books and looks broken down the last 2 years.
    They'll swap him back home to Chicago for DeRozan. Draft Bronny wherever they have to. Then get Durant and every other FA looking to win. Theyll be a playoff team in 2 years, injuries aside. They don't have to rebuild. It's bull but it's reality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over on the Hawks fan site they are wanting DJ so bad lol they’re off-season is going to be ruined if they don’t get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy crap. This guy is on attack mode all the time, and he’s not shy. Goodbye Lonnie. Seriously if he comes out next year, this guy would be top 5 prospect, all 3 of them as a matter of fact. It’s going to be a great Summer League

Thanks for sharing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not bothered by trading #38 if there was nobody the Spurs really liked there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over on the Hawks fan site they are wanting DJ so bad lol they’re off-season is going to be ruined if they don’t get him
    Nah Dejounte is gonna love these kids. We got ourselves some serious ballers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was not a deep draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron won’t be on the team in 2 years.

Thread Information