Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. If the Spurs get rid of Dejounte and wind up with John Collins, I'll ing riot.

2. I don't get the push to get rid of Dejounte right now as it is.
    I still think its an iteration of the 3 team deal with Sacramento where they get Collins and we get their first...except now instead of ivey we want their unprotected pick next year without protection...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think its an iteration of the 3 team deal with Sacramento where they get Collins and we get their first...except now instead of ivey we want their unprotected pick next year without protection...
    It better be. A DJ-Collins swap make no sense. You’d think they’d want to pair those two and trade them do each other.

I’m also thinking they can get a much better deal for DJ than anything Atlanta could put together. See Knicks discussion above.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It better be. A DJ-Collins swap make no sense. You’d think they’d want to pair those two and trade them do each other.

I’m also thinking they can get a much better deal for DJ than anything Atlanta could put together. See Knicks discussion above.
    I agree on all counts...JC makes no sense here without DJ...and NY can put together a very compelling offer but, they only do that if they strike out on Brunson..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. If the Spurs get rid of Dejounte and wind up with John Collins, I'll ing riot.

Agreed. I'm not opposed to trading Dejounte for the right price, but this feels like dumping him. Definitely not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This better not be true. I‘ll take John Collins for J-Rich and a bag of chips, but no DJ trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This better not be true. I‘ll take John Collins for J-Rich and a bag of chips, but no DJ trade
    only if the bag of chips has 100 million dollars in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love DJ guys but let’s be honest We kind of SUCK! His value is at an all time high and maybe the spurs want to finally embrace the tank? I still would say there’s not about a 5% chance anything happens with DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. I don't understand why Orlando was playing the clown. It confused the guy they picked and did nothing for them otherwise. Whatever.
    The only explanation possible is that they were trying to gauge what they could possibly get in a trade back. That is, whether they could actually trade back and still get Banchero (for instance, if Houston had their eyes set on Jabari Smith, which obviously wasn't the case), or they could receive a crazy offer even if it meant getting a different player (which didn't happen). Don't know which of the two was, but they held their cards tightly and, when it became apparent nothing was happening, they took their guy all along. Plus maybe someone made a fortune on bets by holding this information and using their insider trading on the matter...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love DJ guys but let’s be honest We kind of SUCK! His value is at an all time high and maybe the spurs want to finally embrace the tank? I still would say there’s not about a 5% chance anything happens with DJ.
    There is a strong possibility that DJ leaves us in two years. Spurs have to weigh that especially in light of 1) Klutch, and 2) Kawhi trauma. This is probably the best time to get max value for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first I thought they were just listening to offers on DJ but it seems they are serious about trading him. I even read somewhere that dejounte actually worked out in Atlanta recently. Like wtf are they thinking? I'm not liking this.

Also why go after collins so hard now when you drafted Sochan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first I thought they were just listening to offers on DJ but it seems they are serious about trading him. I even read somewhere that dejounte actually worked out in Atlanta recently. Like wtf are they thinking? I'm not liking this.

Also why go after collins so hard now when you drafted Sochan?
    Just like during the draft, this is probably a 3 team trade, with Collins going to the third team, who provides pick compensation to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like during the draft, this is probably a 3 team trade, with Collins going to the third team, who provides pick compensation to us.
    It would make sense, but if that were the case, the Spurs wouldn't be asking around about Collins as they're reportedly doing (as per the reporter who broke that info).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sound like a 13 year old girl lmao BUT Trae Young liked Dejountes last Twitter picture with the le “Can’t Wait.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would make sense, but if that were the case, the Spurs wouldn't be asking around about Collins as they're reportedly doing (as per the reporter who broke that info).
    Wouldn't that indicate that they're looking for a 3rd team to take Collins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't that indicate that they're looking for a 3rd team to take Collins?
    Why would you care to do your homework about some player's character, if he's simply a chip going to some third team?

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think Dejounte and Trae are a good fit together in the backcourt. Atlanta desperatey needs defense on the perimeter and a second creator. Dejounte fills both needs. He can easily guard 2's and/or the best backcourt player on the other team while you hide Trae on the lesser of the two. So, I think Atlanta is willing to give up a lot to get him. But I'm still not sure Capela-Hunter-Huerter-Dejounte-Trae gets you past the Bucks, Celtics or Heat out East. They could beat any other team in the East though.

What I am curious about from a Spurs perspective, what else do the Spurs get along with Collins if they do send Dejounte there. I view Collins as only a slightly net positive asset because of his contract. Dude still has 4 years $102 million left on his deal starting next season and hasn't proven to be worth any where near that. So how much do the Hawks have to give up to meet fair value for Dejounte. I think its at least Collins + 3 unprotected 1sts, or Collins + AJ Griffin + 2 unprotected 1sts. Or if the Spurs are trying to win now and have other moves in the pipeline (Ayton), then they might want Collins, AJ Griffin, Bogdanovic and a 1st and send back McDermott and/or Richardson along with Dejounte.

Hawks 1sts would probably only amount to picks in the 15-25 range as they'd make the playoffs in the East. How much value do those picks have?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you care to do your homework about some player's character, if he's simply a chip going to some third team?
    I don't think the phrase 'asking around about Collins' has to do with character...I think it has to do with guaging interest in him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the phrase 'asking around about Collins' has to do with character...I think it has to do with guaging interest in him..
    I listened to the guy's podcast (who broke the news). He said that San Antonio was doing their due diligence on Collins, asking around about him, not gauging his value. May be true, may not be, but that's what he said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I listened to the guy's podcast (who broke the news). He said that San Antonio was doing their due diligence on Collins, asking around about him, not gauging his value. May be true, may not be, but that's what he said.
    That may be what meant but when I hear doing due diligence I think guaging value... but you're view may be the correct one here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably won’t be on the team a year from now. Bronny is in next years draft, supposedly.
    Not eligible till the 2024 draft…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The Spurs never asked about Collins, the Hawks called about Dejounte. The Spurs simply listened, and stated their price.

Dejounte is not being shopped. The spurs are simply listening.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Try this on for size:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need a post draft intel article stat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallo, Collins, whatever. The name doesn't matter, only the picks.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If its Gallo and 3 or 4 1sts I don't see how another team out there couldn't beat that deal.

Thread Information