Post Count
    not even giving Luka/Cuban a meeting

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not even giving Luka/Cuban a meeting
    Agree losing him for nada sucks
    And I enjoy watching Cuban fail …
    But he still has Luka and unless you have Giannis not many other players I’m taking over him for the next 5 years
    Yes right now Steph Bron KD Kawhi but 5 years from now if they keep Luka Mavs in a better place than all those guys

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best decision dallas made in the Luka era by not overpaying him... Im sure he will have much more fun with Randle and Barret fighting for that 8th spot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    best decision dallas made in the Luka era by not overpaying him... Im sure he will have much more fun with Randle and Barret fighting for that 8th spot.
    I wouldn’t overpay either been arguing that for years and I kept hearing going rate arguments…
    Never makes sense to pay fringe all stars max dollars that. Losing him for nothing sucks overpay ti keep him is worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he rather wants to be #3 option in NY, than #2 option in Dallas... I think this guy might be re ed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t overpay either been arguing that for years and I kept hearing going rate arguments…
    Never makes sense to pay fringe all stars max dollars that. Losing him for nothing sucks overpay ti keep him is worse
    Meh you're a Laker fan. HOF'ers flock to your franchise even when it's a dumpster fire because it's in Los Angeles. No one else other than New York has that luxury.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Agree losing him for nada sucks
    And I enjoy watching Cuban fail …
    But he still has Luka and unless you have Giannis not many other players I’m taking over him for the next 5 years
    Yes right now Steph Bron KD Kawhi but 5 years from now if they keep Luka Mavs in a better place than all those guys
    That’s 5 years from now. Nothing is guaranteed, it’s about the now. Keep surrounding Luka with he will leave.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    sucks to lose him but he's not worth over $25m/year

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably just doesn't want to be in Texas.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It’s an overpay, yes, but it’s nowhere close to the max. He’s around the 15th highest paid point guard in the league right now, which is close to his actual skill level at his position. He was their second best asset and could have been used as a piece for a second star. Losing him for nothing is a disaster, there is no way to spin this.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Probably just doesn't want to be in Texas.
    It was a done deal before the season ended, and everyone in the Mavs organization knew it. He had the entire team sign his jersey after they lost to the Warriors

Per usual, Cuban was full of crap and bs-ing his own fanbase instead of just being honest about the situation.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Looks like he rather wants to be #3 option in NY, than #2 option in Dallas... I think this guy might be re ed.
    He had his woman-groping father and all kinds of creepy family stalkers pressuring him to go to New York. It was probably tough for him, but not even having the decency to let the Mavs pitch him is definitely classless.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And Dallas could have offered Jalen 4/55 in January but passed. More piss-poor roster management by the front office. But hey, we can enjoy 3.5 more years of Luka before he goes to Miami.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Get that bag though. Didn't the Knicks also hire Rick Brunson to their staff? I mean, this was a done deal, but can't blame either the Mavs or Brunson for doing what they did. One didn't overpay and the other set himself up nicely. With the Nets in a nuclear winter state, the Knicks now have the spotlight to fail tremendously or float. Wonder which one it'll be?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    javele mcgee to dallas

dynasty built.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    javele mcgee to dallas

dynasty built.
    Not a bad bigman off the bench as championship experience. Thought he played well in PHX. How much gas he has left? That's the key.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If they can get Dragic and another bench wing, they’ll be fine. Dinwiddie had better chemistry with Luka anyways tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Welp, sucks losing a player for nothing in return.

At the same time, letting him be an idiot and go to the Knicks for an absurd amount of money was the right thing to do. Cuban has pissed me off since the lone le year with many re ed moves, but this isn't one of them. I just hope he can deal Hardaway and whoever else in return for a more legit impact player. Not holding my breath on that, though...

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    mcgee is definitely an upgrade over powell

they turned a bunch of nothing into wood

and they got a very talented player in the draft

overall, they compensated plenty for the loss of brunson as is. adding goran will be a nice addition as well, and anything else is just gravy.

if luka simply gets in shape, the team will improve quite a bit too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka can get into the best shape of his life and this dallas team still aint going past the first round in a healty west.
    They just gave a 34 year old role player 20M and lost their second option. Good luck counting on Luka being in shape.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    its an ok signing but giving him a PO in the last year is re ed tbh

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Luka can get into the best shape of his life and this dallas team still aint going past the first round in a healty west.
    They just gave a 34 year old role player 20M and lost their second option. Good luck counting on Luka being in shape.
    you and everyone else said the exact same stuff about this past year, against utah (especially when luka got hurt)

then the same thing against phoenix (who was completely healthy and owned dallas for years)

lets wait and see how things go before overreacting.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    its an ok signing but giving him a PO in the last year is re ed tbh
    In 2 years a bunch of marquee free agents are available. Not saying it’s asmart move, but they’re definitely planning on throwing money at one of those guys. I wouldn’t expect them to re-sign Dinwiddie or Wood tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get that bag though. Didn't the Knicks also hire Rick Brunson to their staff? I mean, this was a done deal, but can't blame either the Mavs or Brunson for doing what they did. One didn't overpay and the other set himself up nicely. With the Nets in a nuclear winter state, the Knicks now have the spotlight to fail tremendously or float. Wonder which one it'll be?
    Yep. And then some.
    The Cubans may get a 2nd round pick for NYs tampering.

When you consider all the familial aspects of the move -- Brunson's upbringing in the New York area, his childhood times at Madison Square Garden, watching his father play in the NBA Finals for the Knicks, Brunson's father being an assistant coach with the Knicks, Brunson's agent being the son of the Knicks GM, yes this list is very long -- Brunson's decision to sign with the Knicks makes sense.

Link:
    Mavs should learn lesson from Knicks tampering | wfaa.com

Thread Information