19 55.88%
  • trade DJ, we need a superstar

15 44.12%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3. We could easily add some starters under 25 to that group via trade and free agency if the FO would decide to pursue them aggressively for once
    Who are these under 25 y/o starters we could acquire and are they better than DJ because if they are on a similar level it relegates us to a 7-10 seed treadmill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are these under 25 y/o starters we could acquire and are they better than DJ because if they are on a similar level it relegates us to a 7-10 seed treadmill.
    it's not about them being better than DJ, but if they under 25 years old there is still upside and they could get there. OG Anounoby, John Collins and Deandre Ayton. All of them don't get enough usage on their teams when you look up their efficiency. They can all average way better stats if they just got the ball more. Besides that we have plenty of players on the team who have a lot of upside, so if you're the 7th seed this season, what would that team be 3 years from now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if the scouts say that the French dude is a generational talent then I think you should trade DJ for the chance at him. The worst that happens is that we don’t get to pick him and we don’t draft a player as good as DJ

BUT the best that could happen is that we get our franchise changing player who is a generational talent. It’s a gamble but if we can get like 3 lotto picks next year then it raises the chance to like 30%. If you’re a gambler then go for it, if you’re a player fan and like your team to continue to pick 9-12 then you don’t go for it.
    I wonder if the Wiz want DJ. Him and Beal sound like a great pairing.

Thread Information