Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mia and bos calling about him
    Great. Let the highest bidder win. I don’t think DJ has a say where Spurs send him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are driving the price up. With all those teams interested, I'm pretty sure some team will overpay massively
    About four years late, but PATFO finally learning to leverage other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of Knicks picks would actually make sense. Brunson and DJ won‘t
    make them a contender, they should still be pretty bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it would be great to luck into Wemby but what's to keep this team from being good now. I would have liked to keep DJ and acquire Collins and sign Ayton or Bamba/Mitc Robinson then use other pieces for picks and or cheaper assets.
    Right there that's a very good team. However if your intent on trading Murray. Still no need to blow it up. Get Collins and Hunter or OO and a pick or two. They want to dump Collins anyway. Make the trade bigger.
    Then go after Ayton or one of the other centers use poetrl mcnuggets Richardson Langford for other assets and or picks. We still have a good young team with those other young additions they can grow together and we have picks to add along with this years 3 picks plus maybe some udfa hidden talent. Why try to get 23 picks you will only stay in the rebuild longer.

Because when you hit on another player or two like murray or better then the guys you have now will be wanting money and it never ends. That's how you become the Kings.

Now looking at the warriors yes Steph is special but he is Bryant or lebron but they drafted those 3 then added around them and won again.
    Lastly who knows if we make this team and God forbid after all the trade Ayton goes down for the season like robinson and we still get into the lottery. Just build on this youth man add Collins add a.center trade the older pieces. Not to mention if Collins balls out which is possible on the spurs his value could sky rocket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the better center in Zollins.
    If you are going to tank, you have to trade Collins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of Knicks picks would actually make sense. Brunson and DJ won‘t
    make them a contender, they should still be pretty bad
    Yep, and the other team DJ won’t make appreciably better is Washington especially if they sign that loser Beal for that mega deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs think they're drafted a core and now they can move on from Dejounte Murray?

He's served his purpose?

Thanks for your service.

Keeping options open may be the better approach. At least until they see these guys in Summer League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it would be great to luck into Wemby but what's to keep this team from being good now. I would have liked to keep DJ and acquire Collins and sign Ayton or Bamba/Mitc Robinson then use other pieces for picks and or cheaper assets.
    Right there that's a very good team. However if your intent on trading Murray. Still no need to blow it up. Get Collins and Hunter or OO and a pick or two. They want to dump Collins anyway. Make the trade bigger.
    Then go after Ayton or one of the other centers use poetrl mcnuggets Richardson Langford for other assets and or picks. We still have a good young team with those other young additions they can grow together and we have picks to add along with this years 3 picks plus maybe some udfa hidden talent. Why try to get 23 picks you will only stay in the rebuild longer.

Because when you hit on another player or two like murray or better then the guys you have now will be wanting money and it never ends. That's how you become the Kings.

Now looking at the warriors yes Steph is special but he is Bryant or lebron but they drafted those 3 then added around them and won again.
    Lastly who knows if we make this team and God forbid after all the trade Ayton goes down for the season like robinson and we still get into the lottery. Just build on this youth man add Collins add a.center trade the older pieces. Not to mention if Collins balls out which is possible on the spurs his value could sky rocket.
    A part of me identifies with your view. One problem though is some of the young guys have to get paid soon too (Keldon this year and Vassell next), so there is the risk of being an expensive so-so team as opposed to a meh team but with flexibility

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs think they're drafted a core and now they can move on from Dejounte Murray?

He's served his purpose?

Thanks for your service.

Keeping options open may be the better approach. At least until they see these guys in Summer League.
    I feel this is where we’re heading: on to the next young core while getting as many assets from the last one.

You can see a world where White, DJ, and Jakob (Lonnie moves on for nothing) nets the Spurs about 7-9 FRPs when it’s all said and told.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's served his purpose?

Thanks for your service.

I think the Spurs would keep him if he’s staying. But I think DJ leaves anything less than Max. And DJ is NOT a max player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mia and bos calling about him
    lol. No way would I deal with Boston. They have no picks I'd be interested in, and they didn't make a legit offer for Kawhi. I'd say we're only interested in Brown, and then I'd hang up the phone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can we only edit messages within 1 minute? Is that due to site activity, or is it something permanent going forward?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what promising young player the Knicks are offering along with those picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A part of me identifies with your view. One problem though is some of the young guys have to get paid soon too (Keldon this year and Vassell next), so there is the risk of being an expensive so-so team as opposed to a meh team but with flexibility
    I posted on that very topic the other day. It's gonna get very expensive really quickly if we try to re-sign DJ, after extending Johnson, Poeltl, Vassell, then Primo (if he ever develops as PATFO is forecasting, then Sochan, Brenham.

I know that's what these guys do for a living but I'd hate to have to manage assets 3 and 4 years down the road, especially in an era post Big Three when you can't count on these guys signing team friendly contracts to keep everyone together. And again, it would be a nice problem to have to have so many players needing pay raises, but still, I can already forsee a potential log jam come 4 years down the road.

And it's something that PATFO, see R.C, always handled well until the end of the Duncan era. But in the transition period to Wright, we royally ed up multiple contracts and just finished paying off Demarre Carroll to hopefully put that debacle of a run behind us. But man did their mishandling of that help expedite this team's purgatory phase we're currently living through.

Not sure how much would have been different had neph stuck to the plan, so really that's who I really blame for these last 4 or 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, that's fair...but I can also see why that gives the Spurs, in particular, a reason to be reluctant to work with Klutch going forward. And the fact that our two best players right now (Murray and Johnson) are rep'd by them is not great
    Murray has been with Klutch since day one, and already signed a new deal with us while repped by them. KJ switched pretty quickly into his rookie deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has been with Klutch since day one, and already signed a new deal with us while repped by them. KJ switched pretty quickly into his rookie deal.

for real whats next? Move kj quickly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted on that very topic the other day. It's gonna get very expensive really quickly if we try to re-sign DJ, after extending Johnson, Poeltl, Vassell, then Primo (if he ever develops as PATFO is forecasting, then Sochan, Brenham.

I know that's what these guys do for a living but I'd hate to have to manage assets 3 and 4 years down the road, especially in an era post Big Three when you can't count on these guys signing team friendly contracts to keep everyone together. And again, it would be a nice problem to have to have so many players needing pay raises, but still, I can already forsee a potential log jam come 4 years down the road.

And it's something that PATFO, see R.C, always handled well until the end of the Duncan era. But in the transition period to Wright, we royally ed up multiple contracts and just finished paying off Demarre Carroll to hopefully put that debacle of a run behind us. But man did their mishandling of that help expedite this team's purgatory phase we're currently living through.

Not sure how much would have been different had neph stuck to the plan, so really that's who I really blame for these last 4 or 5 years.
    no it's not. Spurs got 32 million in cap space, can open up another 31 million by moving McDermott, Richardson and Langford and have almost an entire bench unit on rookie deals. They could easily add an Ayton and even a John Collins while having DJ on his contract for another 2 years. Proceed to pay Keldon on his first extension then in 2024 extend Murray and Vassell and just trade someone like John Collins away having 2 years left on his deal and start Sochan. Pay Primo in 2025. Things would start to get tricky in 2026, but by then they should know what to do. Most of our players coming off of rookie deals will get their first extension which is a contract like the one Murray is on now, so those a great value deals. Cap space is one thing the Spurs don't have to worry about for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that will be the talk next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what promising young player the Knicks are offering along with those picks
    Obi Toppin had an intriguing year, but I wouldn't take him. That's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. If DJM is gone this summer, they'll start dumping Keldon and Vassell. We're turning into the Florida Marlins churning players after they get good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would've been my approach too with Ayton, OG and John Collins at the top of my list, but the Spurs would never ever be that aggressive on the trade and free agency market. I don't think they ever were. If they keep DJ around it's most likely the same thing we did last season. If they trade him they absolutely need to tank, makes no sense to reload the roster then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. If DJM is gone this summer, they'll start dumping Keldon and Vassell. We're turning into the Florida Marlins churning players after they get good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a 95% chance Brunson signs with the Knicks. But in the unlikely event he doesn't, the Knicks will be desperate to shrug the embarrassment off as quickly as possible, and DM would be the perfect plan B. They might be willing to part with the MSG, if need be. Fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. If DM is gone, Poeltl and Richardson are next, not Keldon and Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. If DM is gone, Poeltl and Richardson are next, not Keldon and Vassell.
    Of course, but I mean of the Spurs' own draft picks.

Thread Information