Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for the intel timvp we needed that. There's definitely a possibility of this happening, although I hope it won't. 3 firsts and a young player is about right as the asking price for DJ, but those picks have to be high. I think teams are very aggressive in their pursuit of Murray, so it might go down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if this is all true,

a roster shake up that involves DJ is worth more trouble than it’s worth thus the unrealistic trade expectations for other teams to meet

It’s like having a girlfriend and saying you’ll only let her go for a billion dollars. If someone offers you a billion dollars, you take it. You don’t have on a ring on it, there’s no commitment there— so no love lost and your girl would probably understand.

but no one is offering you a billion dollars. You can live on with your life and laugh about it with your girlfriend and maybe marry her one day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting Intel. We would suck without Murray though. Is pop really going out as one of the worst teams?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this has been mentioned in other threads, but if the Spurs are seriously considering moving DJM now (and that seems to be the case), it basically means one of two things:

1) They have high expectations for any of Primo, Branham, or Wesley

2) They are committing to a full rebuild / tank

Maybe both can be true, but unless Primo makes a huge leap next year (or the Spurs end up bringing in another guard)...removing Murray from this current squad pretty much makes the Spurs a 25-win team next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this has been mentioned in other threads, but if the Spurs are seriously considering moving DJM now (and that seems to be the case), it basically means one of two things:

Maybe both can be true, but unless Primo makes a huge leap next year (or the Spurs end up bringing in another guard)...removing Murray from this current squad pretty much makes the Spurs a 25-win team next year.
    Yes, and 3) they've put a "once in a generation" grade on French Vic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think both are true...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the incentive is not to pay Murray the max. Then the nba has an issue. Fringe allstars are not max players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has been horrendously managed since Timmy retired . we suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like there's a deal to be had there.

Murray and Langford for:

Gallinari, Okongwu ATL 2023 unprotected first, CHA 2023 first, 2024 swap and 2025 Top-4 protected first, 2026 swap and OKC's 2024 and 2025 unprotected seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the incentive is not to pay Murray the max. Then the nba has an issue. Fringe allstars are not max players.
    Try telling that to the fringe All-Stars. Everybody out there trying to grab their bag whether they deserve it or not...and the Spurs are especially susceptible being in a small-market.

I know DJ has been all about team and Spurs culture and what not...but IF he is still a Spur when extension time comes, we'll see if he walks the walk. Tim, Tony, Manu...all those guys took lesser deals to keep the team together and stay compe ive.

Will Murray follow suit, or milk that cash cow for all it is worth?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting Intel. We would suck without Murray though. Is pop really going out as one of the worst teams?
    Actually, that sounds like it could be what he wants. Pop started out bad and we got the number 1 pick to get Tim Duncan. Maybe he wants to end the same way and go out with getting the number 1 pick to get Victor Wembanyama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, that sounds like it could be what he wants. Pop started out bad and we got the number 1 pick to get Tim Duncan. Maybe he wants to end the same way and go out with getting the number 1 pick to get Victor Wembanyama.
    At the very least, I think Pop wants to leave his successor in a good position. The best way to do that over the next 1-2 years is to secure a high draft pick, because I don't see us pulling in a marquee free agent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray and Langford for:

Gallinari, Okongwu ATL 2023 unprotected first, CHA 2023 first, 2024 swap and 2025 Top-4 protected first, 2026 swap and OKC's 2024 and 2025 unprotected seconds.
    I do that. ATL is time pressured here too right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray and Langford for:

If there's a trade it'd probably be something like this, but I don't see any of the picks coming to the Spurs in this scenario being good, i.e. anywhere in the lottery. We'd have to hope Atlanta implode.

Perhaps it's because I don't rate Okongwu as a centerpiece but I feel there could be better deals elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of don’t expect a deal with Atlanta to go down. Usually when there’s a leak it’s bc the deal has fallen apart but someone wants to get something out of the situation. It’s more the other teams that have interest but have kept silent which are a threat. SA is asking for a lot, so we’ll see what happens.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray and Langford for:

I've thought the same, except with Jalen Johnson rather than Okongwu. This is only because I didn't think we'd be able to land Okongwu. I saw Johnson as a throw-in. If Okongwu is included, this is an excellent trade for Spurs.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd like to see us re-route Gallo and McDermott to Charlotte in exchange for absorbing Hayward's contract. We'd receive a FRP and lifted pick protections on CHA '23 FRP for our trouble.

I don't mind Hayward's contract insofar as I think we will flip it for an additional FRP some time between this summer and deadline '24.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray and Langford for:

I agree...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try telling that to the fringe All-Stars. Everybody out there trying to grab their bag whether they deserve it or not...and the Spurs are especially susceptible being in a small-market.

I know DJ has been all about team and Spurs culture and what not...but IF he is still a Spur when extension time comes, we'll see if he walks the walk. Tim, Tony, Manu...all those guys took lesser deals to keep the team together and stay compe ive.

Will Murray follow suit, or milk that cash cow for all it is worth?
    Murray already has his sights set in Atlanta.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's a trade it'd probably be something like this, but I don't see any of the picks coming to the Spurs in this scenario being good, i.e. anywhere in the lottery. We'd have to hope Atlanta implode.

Perhaps it's because I don't rate Okongwu as a centerpiece but I feel there could be better deals elsewhere.
    You think Charlotte will be good? Charlotte's and San Antonio's picks will be lottery picks and they'll have three firsts next year like they had this year so a solid foundation to build on with all those lottery picks combined with this year's picks instead of throwing a boatload of money to Murray in a couple of years. Murray's timeline doesn't match up with the youth movement, so move him.

Spurs are not winning anything in the next couple of years anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Charlotte will be good? Charlotte's and San Antonio's picks will be lottery picks and they'll have three firsts next year like they had this year so a solid foundation to build on with all those lottery picks combined with this year's picks instead of throwing a boatload of money to Murray in a couple of years. Murray's timeline doesn't match up with the youth movement, so move him.

Spurs are not winning anything in the next couple of years anyways.
    The Charlotte pick that Atlanta own is top 17 protected in 2023, lottery protected in 24 and 25 and then turns into two seconds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Charlotte pick that Atlanta own is top 17 protected in 2023, lottery protected in 24 and 25 and then turns into two seconds.
    I saw somewhere where someone suggested taking on Haywards contract for them lifting those protections....I like that idea..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shop has sailed on Rui
    Let’s hope so. He’s not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody think maybe Orlando might be interested in pairing DJ with Paulo? Maybe that young player was Jalen Suggs, probably not tho. Think spurs and DJ will be on okay terms if a trade doesn’t happen?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only teams that are trading away picks for Murray are win now contenders so yeah the picks probably wont be awesome. People need to accept that.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bet is the Wizards with Rui Hachimura.
    Doesn't really fit with desirable tbh.

Thread Information