Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a 95% chance Brunson signs with the Knicks. But in the unlikely event he doesn't, the Knicks will be desperate to shrug the embarrassment off as quickly as possible, and DM would be the perfect plan B. They might be willing to part with the MSG, if need be. Fingers crossed.
    Knicks just traded Noel and Burks to the Pistons so I'm pretty sure he's signing there. They could still be in play to add Murray though, they have interested in pairing them together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if done right someone like Collins let's say in 3 or 4 years when his contract expires we can trade him before hoping Sochan has developed. If your not going to pay core players i hate to say it but we will never have a big 3 or big anything because we small market and times are different in free agency. I know the warriors are an outlier but to field and long last good to great team you need to spend and go over the threshold by more than you used to or you will always be stuck in limbo land unless you hit on 2 or 3 superstars with your 3 picks this year but that's like lightening in a bottle. I see all points of view and if we aren't going for the gusto at least field the best team you can when you have the chance. Can't watch ty basketball year after year.
    Typically if you trade for Collins keep murray sign Ayton or one of the centers your at least growing a nucleous with maybe replacing one player at any given time like Keldon when he is up you have next guy up. I don't agree with this way of rebuilding if that's what they are doing. You will run into the same issues every couple years assuming you even hit on these picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks just traded Noel and Burks to the Pistons so I'm pretty sure he's signing there. They could still be in play to add Murray though, they have interested in pairing them together
    Sure, which is why I said 95% sure... and I agree, DM should still be strongly considered regardless, I'm just talking about the level of desperation the Knicks would fall into, in the admittedly unlikely event it doesn't come to fruition.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like the Knicks pucks better than Atlanta's myself...I do wonder if they use their cap space on Brunson then what do we have to take in salary to do it? Fournier(3yrs) or Randle (4yrs)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still makes sense depending on what you have and if you are reloading with 23 and 24 year old then a primo vassell Keldon is way fine. If your going to go the penny pinch draft way you need to have next man up so they need to continue that.they will never form a super team through FA.
    It's so annoying to watch others get it right and we we are always a day late and a dollar short last 6 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try telling that to the fringe All-Stars. Everybody out there trying to grab their bag whether they deserve it or not...and the Spurs are especially susceptible being in a small-market.

I know DJ has been all about team and Spurs culture and what not...but IF he is still a Spur when extension time comes, we'll see if he walks the walk. Tim, Tony, Manu...all those guys took lesser deals to keep the team together and stay compe ive.

Will Murray follow suit, or milk that cash cow for all it is worth?
    Those Big 3 guys knew they had something going for the long term here in SA, especially after Tim turned down the Orlando deal. DJ knows he has nothing going here for a ring unless a miracle occurs. If he has a chance to ring by going to another team, God Bless him for all he's given us and God Speed wherever he goes. I think the team would do right by him in a trade to a contender. "Cause that's who the Spurs are."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like the Knicks pucks better than Atlanta's myself...I do wonder if they use their cap space on Brunson then what do we have to take in salary to do it? Fournier(3yrs) or Randle (4yrs)?
    yup one of them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we did that I might try and flip him + McDermott to the lakers for Westbrook and an unprotected future 1st (2026) and clear Westbrook's salary next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte to the Knicks confirmed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks got off that money cheap

OKC got a future top 5 protected first for 1 year 8 million of JaMychal Green

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we did that I might try and flip him + McDermott to the lakers for Westbrook and an unprotected future 1st (2026) and clear Westbrook's salary next summer.
    This is tremendously valuable for the Lakers - they get off a guy they can’t play and that they can’t trade (to anyone but pretty much the Spurs given cap) for two potential rotation pieces with Lebron & Davis.

I need a pick swap too on top of that 2026 unprotected. It’s literally their only shot to salvage anything with Lebron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is tremendously valuable for the Lakers - they get off a guy they can’t play and that they can’t trade (to anyone but pretty much the Spurs given cap) for two potential rotation pieces with Lebron & Davis.

I need a pick swap too on top of that 2026 unprotected. It’s literally their only shot to salvage anything with Lebron.
    I'm good with that..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks got off that money cheap

OKC got a future top 5 protected first for 1 year 8 million of JaMychal Green
    I think I read that Detroit actually values those guys and wanted their presence with the young guys..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I read that Detroit actually values those guys and wanted their presence with the young guys..
    Noel still has value and I think Burcks can still play, yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't know why anyone here wouldn't understand what the Spurs are doing. No one on this team is untradeable. That is pretty much the bottom line. During the big 3 era, if anyone had called the Spurs asking for any of those 3, the Spurs promptly hang up. But we have no one of that caliber on this team currently. I am immensely overjoyed watching DJM become what he is and I think a lot of people here sold him short for a long time, but in the end he is not a first option and on a le team he's probably not a 2nd option. That is the bottom line. And if you have a player that isn't someone you think you can build around, and you can get a gigantic haul of assets for him as opposed to overpaying him on a contract, then it makes perfect sense to do this. I don't think the Spurs want to do a true tank, but the haul they get for DJM may make it the obvious choice.

Its also possible that they take a completely opposite path and go after Ayton or Lavine but it definitely seems like in the meantime they're going to listen to offers for DJM and if the package is good enough they won't wait to see whats possible in free agency. Thats how I read this and I think its pretty hard to read it any other way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't know why anyone here wouldn't understand what the Spurs are doing. No one on this team is untradeable. That is pretty much the bottom line. During the big 3 era, if anyone had called the Spurs asking for any of those 3, the Spurs promptly hang up. But we have no one of that caliber on this team currently. I am immensely overjoyed watching DJM become what he is and I think a lot of people here sold him short for a long time, but in the end he is not a first option and on a le team he's probably not a 2nd option. That is the bottom line. And if you have a player that isn't someone you think you can build around, and you can get a gigantic haul of assets for him as opposed to overpaying him on a contract, then it makes perfect sense to do this. I don't think the Spurs want to do a true tank, but the haul they get for DJM may make it the obvious choice.

Its also possible that they take a completely opposite path and go after Ayton or Lavine but it definitely seems like in the meantime they're going to listen to offers for DJM and if the package is good enough they won't wait to see whats possible in free agency. Thats how I read this and I think its pretty hard to read it any other way.
    I think literally everybody understands this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you obviously haven't been reading the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard the Spurs might keep DJ and they might trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, imo, if things were truly close heading into draft I don’t see how it doesn’t get done honestly. The calls and interest are coming and teams won’t miss out on getting a young all star over pick protections.

Someone will cave (just my 2c)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard the Spurs might keep DJ and they might trade him.
    I heard otherwise...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, imo, if things were truly close heading into draft I don’t see how it doesn’t get done honestly. The calls and interest are coming and teams won’t miss out on getting a young all star over pick protections.

if the spurs get the protections they want on those picks sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you obviously haven't been reading the thread.
    Lol, you're chiding and scolding vapors, fella. No one's said what you think they've said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only do we get it but taking it even further ....yes if someone had called for a trade during the big 3 era we would have hung up but that's just for Duncan really. We didn't really know what we had in Parker and Manu. We had to let them play then add pieces around them but until they came into there own pop was abusing Parker constantly and even Manu. So while we understand what's going on what good is it to continue to amass young talent then dump it once it does develop. I think we have enough to withstand a DJ trade but get assets to add and maybe a pick 4 picks and it's just a repe ive cycle. Also money was a lot different then these contracts today are nuts and the Spurs don't seem to want to spend like they used to or at least not yet.

they also botched up when most of us were clamoring to trade LA and DD when their value was still high we could have had one of these current stars on oThe teams to go along with DJ but we over played our hand and instead handed out loyalty contracts to gasol or a puzzling signing of Carroll. You have a core right now that you the front office and coaches are saying how Vassell and Primo are absolutely shining and honed in on their weaknesses this off season and been fantastic you have DJ you have Keldon you have assets to draft future piece you have assets to trade older assets for more cap and picks and you have boat load of cap space. It doesn't take a genius.

If if you want to trade DJ fine but add to the existing young core mix in a pick or two but still do the other moves. The Warriors did it the Spurs way with there core 3 but they did it by basically ahnilialating the threshold then retooled around the core 3 and they were able to do it because money was no object. I don't expect that from the Spurs which is why they should go with a mix of this core and other young talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, you're chiding and scolding vapors, fella. No one's said what you think they've said.
    Do you exist just to be annoying? Are you this insufferable in real life? You know you don't have to reply right? You can just sit there and not say rather than be antagonistic at every turn just to seem smart in a place that I don't think anyone considers you smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Especially once free agency starts drying up. With there not being many good all star caliber players out there and the NBA being as wide open as its ever been, yeah, I think some team will eventually want to give up what the Spurs want. But are the Spurs just going to sit on their hands at the start of free agency and wait? If they've decided to do a true tank then I think thats obviously yes, but it would surprise me if thats the choice they made at this point (then again I was surprised to see these rumors were true soooo).

Thread Information