Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anything is particularly clear at this moment, quite frankly. I think anyone saying otherwise is pretty full of .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is reacting emotionally? LMFAO
    Apparently it's you judging by your little quip...I've only gotten emotional once on ST in the last 5 years here and wasn't over an on court basketball related issue...and I'm certainly not emotional over keeping or trading a 3rd best player on a compe ive team....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently it's you judging by your little quip...I've only gotten emotional once on ST in the last 5 years here and wasn't over an on court basketball related issue...and I'm certainly not emotional over keeping or trading a 3rd best player on a compe ive team....
    This isn't an emotional issue. But two people have claimed I've said I want to max Murray, and so, I say again, why can't you read? When did I say this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't an emotional issue. But two people have claimed I've said I want to max Murray, and so, I say again, why can't you read? When did I say this?
    You're right that it shouldn't be...

If you don't max DJ you lose him for nothing in 2 years. Looking at it devoid of emotion that's one of the worst possible outcomes...right next to being stuck with him without additional players beside him who are better than he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure it’s been asked somewhere but if nothing happens can all be forgiven between the spurs and DJ? Can’t see DJ being thrilled with all the uncertainty and rumors surrounding him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right that it shouldn't be...

If you don't max DJ you lose him for nothing in 2 years. Looking at it devoid of emotion that's one of the worst possible outcomes...right next to being stuck with him without additional players beside him who are better than he is.
    This isn't necessarily true. Sign and trades exist and there's a good reason for all parties to do it. People on ST thought DDR should have been traded for nothing and he ended up bringing a lot of assets after he became a FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't necessarily true. Sign and trades exist and there's a good reason for all parties to do it. People on ST thought DDR should have been traded for nothing and he ended up bringing a lot of assets after he became a FA.
    Correct. S&Ts are much more common for the simple fact that it retains teams' salary structures and most contending teams don't have the cap to sign FAs outright anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure it’s been asked somewhere but if nothing happens can all be forgiven between the spurs and DJ? Can’t see DJ being thrilled with all the uncertainty and rumors surrounding him
    Probably never great to know you are trade bait, but at least the Spurs are keeping him in the loop if he is already talking with Trae and aware that Atlanta may be on the table. I have to imagine they are trying to find a situation that works for him, too.

Better than doing everything behind his back and then being like SURPRISE, YOU'RE OUT like Toronto did with DeMar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I'll concede that is technically possible in two years if he wants to go to a capped out team...you risk him taking a max offer from a team with cap space and of you do S&T to a capped out team you're getting a DDR return instead of the multiple picks we are talking about here as well as missing out on a once in a generation type draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably never great to know you are trade bait, but at least the Spurs are keeping him in the loop if he is already talking with Trae and aware that Atlanta may be on the table. I have to imagine they are trying to find a situation that works for him, too.

Better than doing everything behind his back and then being like SURPRISE, YOU'RE OUT like Toronto did with DeMar.
    Yeah, I'm sure they're still really regretting that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These editing issues provide a lot of fun, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think this thing happened without the FO sitting with DJ. He probably voiced out frustrations that he’s not getting enough recognition out there, not getting the MIP, not in All-Defensive, almost didn’t make the AS, all these play when you think you’re in a small market or your team is not making playoffs. Okay will send out a word that you’re available for this much and get you to the right team if possible. The Spurs have historically done good for their players. So that being, I’m sure DJ is on the loop. That’s why I think he gets moved if not now by trade deadline. By then they’ll ask, DJ this is as much as we can afford you and still able to sign help. If they see eye to eye, I think he stays. I don’t know how much DJ can improve to be worth the Max contract. As of now, he’s not. I’m rooting that he does, maybe he can get stronger to absorb contacts when finishing strong. He needs to attack the rim more, improve his 3pt more and average in the high 20’s to carry this team. I think that’ s the definition of a Max player. Get this team in the playoffs at least. For now he’s borderline AS with predictable go-to elbow shot. That doesn’t cut it imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I'll concede that is technically possible in two years if he wants to go to a capped out team...you risk him taking a max offer from a team with cap space and of you do S&T to a capped out team you're getting a DDR return instead of the multiple picks we are talking about here as well as missing out on a once in a generation type draft.
    Well yeah it depends on the offer but the Jrue package projects to be 3 picks in the 20s and two swaps that'll never happen. Spurs have time on their side, no need to take an offer like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD was a multi time All Star and All NBA selection. Even he didn’t pull 4 FRPs. The price will only go down as his FA approaches.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah it depends on the offer but the Jrue package projects to be 3 picks in the 20s and two swaps that'll never happen. Spurs have time on their side, no need to take an offer like this.
    Sure, if you think we're getting picks and swaps that won't convey or are in the 20's it makes it hard to take that package but, I've been pretty clear about getting a 23 unprotected 1st in the deal from a 3rd team to go along with our own lottery pick in 23 when it comes to having a good deal in place from our perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte to ATL confirmed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, if the Murray trade materializes, what do we think the next move is? Jakob?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 firsts and two first round swaps? For a rebuilding team that’s too much to pass up on.

I love DJM, but long term that’s a no brainer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the logical moves are 1) moving Jak, 2) Pop retiring, and 3) listening to offers on KJ.

I'm not saying 2 or 3 are likely...only that they're logical..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte to ATL confirmed.

This dude with his cryptic ass tweets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude with his cryptic ass tweets
    He's enjoying this...and he should be...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ might be looking forward to a trade instead of a slow rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA has scores of "almost traded" that ended up being Champions thereafter. Just a couple.
    Robert Horry was rumored to go from the Rockets to the Spurs for Sean Elliot. Didn't. Next, Dad Killer retires and Rockets go back to back.

Brent Barry was literally 5 minutes of paperwork from being a Hornet and JR Dumb a Spur. Paperwork or Rod Thorn the Spurs Hater blocking, take your pick.
    Regardless, Barrdwawg went on to contribute to the 2007 Spurs Championship and played very well in the 2008 rip off vs Lakers. The Dereek Swisher obvious shooting foul on Barrys 3 point attempt that LakerRef swallowed.

DJ does not seem like modern day gots Simmons, Kyrie Irving, Harden etc.
    Also is mentored by Lebron.
    He'll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Murray trade happens, it is to tank hard for that French unicorn. So, yeah, you have to trade Poeltl at that point. Trade any serviceable veteran and just play the farm the entire season.

Lineup of Primo, Branham, Vassell, Keldon, Landale with Wesley as the 6th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Murray trade happens, it is to tank hard for that French unicorn. So, yeah, you have to trade Poeltl at that point. Trade any serviceable veteran and just play the farm the entire season.

Lineup of Primo, Branham, Vassell, Keldon, Landale with Wesley as the 6th man.
    I was forgetting Sochan.

Thread Information