Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three things about a trade where you take back Gallinari and picks for Murray:

1.) You almost certainly improve the Spurs’ own pick - could go from the late lottery (or better) to early lottery. It stinks for a year, but much better future shots on goal

2.) You create at least $10 million in cap space with Gallo being cut for $5 million. That gives a LOT more flexibility to be a team to facilitate other moves in free agency and ac ulate more assets. Just don’t become the Thunder.

Could go the other way too and sign a guy like Brunson outright. I don’t love paying him more than Murray, but if you get a bunch of assets on top of it? Why not?

3.) Open up playing time for Primo and Young, as well as the two rookies. See what you have.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. The time to trade is now. His value likely will never be higher.
    Agreed, but not for a grab bag of non-lottery picks either through protections or through being from solidly playoff teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is part of Klutch. If even a whiff gets out that the Spurs dealt Murray because of his Klutch affiliation then that's it for the franchise.

Like it or not, Klutch is a power player in the league probably even after LeBron retires. You do not blacklist them for the simple reason that it screws you over royally when drafting, signing FAs, etc. affiliated with them. It'd be one of the stupidest move that the organization could do. I think Wright and Pop are pretty dumb but they're not that dumb
    All this Klutch nonsense is so baseless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, but not for a grab bag of non-lottery picks either through protections or through being from solidly playoff teams.
    I'm sure that's where the FO and the other teams need to meet. I'm getting all the vibes that DJ will be moved just a matter of getting the most haul for him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s improved every year. If he comes back with a legit three point shot, his value should go up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is why a couple of teams really want him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well see whos really willing to pay the price. If not? No go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three things about a trade where you take back Gallinari and picks for Murray:

1.) You almost certainly improve the Spurs’ own pick - could go from the late lottery (or better) to early lottery. It stinks for a year, but much better future shots on goal

2.) You create at least $10 million in cap space with Gallo being cut for $5 million. That gives a LOT more flexibility to be a team to facilitate other moves in free agency and ac ulate more assets. Just don’t become the Thunder.

Could go the other way too and sign a guy like Brunson outright. I don’t love paying him more than Murray, but if you get a bunch of assets on top of it? Why not?

3.) Open up playing time for Primo and Young, as well as the two rookies. See what you have.
    1. Murray for Gallo won't create any cap space, because Hawks have to fully guarantee Gallo to trade him for Murray

2. Spurs could just move J-Rich to create an extra 10 million

3. Spurs don't have no clue who to sign with the existing 32 million in cap space already

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These talks remind me of when the Spurs almost traded Tony Parker to Toronto for the #5 pick (which would have been Ed Davis). That trade would have been a big mistake in hindsight, and we’re all glad of course they didn’t end up doing it.

You mean Kawhi Leonard. The rumors were Valanciunas, but the second Kawhi slid down the draft boards.. the rumors about Tony Parker died.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this Klutch nonsense is so baseless.
    Au contraire, lol. Klutch is a serious problem. Manipulative and dishonest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s a picture of a man who’s fully aware of what’s going on.After the Big 3, it’s too high a bar to set, players who don’t need the limelight but trusting the system will develop a championship team with sacrifices and patience. Easier said with Timmy in the middle. But still DJ strikes me as someone who is bothered for not getting the MIP award, the All-Defensive and other individual accolades more than the team. It’s getting clearer he is getting moved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Murray for Gallo won't create any cap space, because Hawks have to fully guarantee Gallo to trade him for Murray

2. Spurs could just move J-Rich to create an extra 10 million

3. Spurs don't have no clue who to sign with the existing 32 million in cap space already
    Forgot about #1, and fact that NBA changed rules because teams had all these dummy cap figures added to allow for trading of contracts that could immediately be waived. But is it about guaranteeing current year, or future years? Because if traded before 7/1, it would be in next league year.

I could see them keep J Rich if Murray is traded in order to have a vet presence around the crop of young guards. But agree, they could use that if really trying to create space. But what are they even doing with that space? Wasting it on more DMcD’s would be insane vs. trying to ac ulate assets by renting it out or signing a young player that they may have to slightly overpay.

Time is the Spurs’ friend. It’s not for other teams here who need to make decisions. They shouldn’t be forced into a deal unless it’s too good to pass up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Au contraire, lol. Klutch is a serious problem. Manipulative and dishonest.
    You just explained this entire league. To be cliche… Learn life. Don’t hate the playa, hate the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think hating on Klutch is almost away a lazy take. They made some mistakes, but they usually aren't from team interactions, and they're basically never from manipulating their players into doing things they don't want to do. Klutch does what their clients want them to. Davis wanted out of NOP, so Davis fired his agent and hired one who'd make it happen. They didn't force him to leave. If Klutch is asking the Spurs to trade Murray, it's because he wants to leave. Otherwise, he's in a great place to expand their brand for the next couple of years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch is the lowest of hanging fruit……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just explained this entire league. To be cliche… Learn life. Don’t hate the playa, hate the game.
    Lol, no I didn't. There's a way things work and there's Klutch. I get fanbois buying into the LeBron/ESPN nonsense, but real grown ups don't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has probably been said, but . . .

- The Wizards (either Hachimura or maybe a choice of him and Avdija) are probably the unknow East team.

- If they're not going to get a premium pick, they at least need to hold firm on a mammoth amount (even though I'm not a fan of that route).

- All of the rumored interested teams would seemingly be set up to pick around 20ish in the near future, making their picks less valuable.

- This all tracks with what Windhorst said post White trade, there there's a split on how to proceed in the front office (obviously old vs new guard).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's really as if all the pre-draft rumors have been replaced by the murray trade rumors. usually with the spurs, when there is little noise, something happens and when there is a lot of noise, very little does. i'm going to defer to Occam's razor here and assume that nothing happens on this front. not for now, at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On another note, since I think someone mentioned trading up to the #1 pick in next year's draft with that barrel of picks spurs could get... No one is trading #1 pick next year, not for all the tea in China.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’ll be a smaller grab bag, like 1 or maybe 2 similar range FRPs when we get closer to his FA period. I personally like more more than I like less.

He’s not a superstar, baseline. If someone wants to flip you 3-4 FRPs for a guy you drafted at 29, and developed the out of, you do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think hating on Klutch is almost away a lazy take. They made some mistakes, but they usually aren't from team interactions, and they're basically never from manipulating their players into doing things they don't want to do. Klutch does what their clients want them to. Davis wanted out of NOP, so Davis fired his agent and hired one who'd make it happen. They didn't force him to leave. If Klutch is asking the Spurs to trade Murray, it's because he wants to leave. Otherwise, he's in a great place to expand their brand for the next couple of years.
    If Klutch were some evil mastermind organization, the Lakers wouldn’t suck as badly as they do right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Klutch were some evil mastermind organization, the Lakers wouldn’t suck as badly as they do right now.
    Hard to overcome world-class front office incompetence. I think Klutch isn't the evil agency many make them out to be but I absolutely think they played dirty on Brow going to LA given it's what his boy LeBron wanted / needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to overcome world-class front office incompetence. I think Klutch isn't the evil agency many make them out to be but I absolutely think they played dirty on Brow going to LA given it's what his boy LeBron wanted / needed.
    I also don't doubt the idea that LeBron wants to bring his boi Murray if he can....whether that is in LA or somewhere else. Therein lies the "nepotism" of Klutch, anything they do is based around the whims of James.

Also can't forget the Morris was under Klutch when he reneged on his commitment with the Spurs, and even HE cut ties with them after that backlash.

I agree that Klutch isn't like some Lex Luthor type influence...but still something Spurs have to consider with any dealings.

Thread Information