Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer on Dunc’d On said the most recent he has heard is that John Collins is back in the talks to head to SA if Dejounte goes to ATL
    Damn, hang it up, Jake.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i saw collin reid's tweet too
    I would have posted the tweet if I knew how. I was too lazy to add “per Collin Reid.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surprisingly quiet day on the Murray front as far as actual new reporting
    Reporting generally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we got the best reports from timvp tbh. Even big news outlets are posting his intel cause they didn't hear anything besides reports from Jake Fischer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open growth plates has made it to local TV. Anyone else hear big balls?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ok with a bidding war between the Knicks, Wizards, and Hawks tbh

I just don't see any team giving up unprotected picks in this day and age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ok with a bidding war between the Knicks, Wizards, and Hawks tbh

I just don't see any team giving up unprotected picks in this day and age.
    Knicks are dumb enough, ATL and Wiz are desperate enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are driving the price up. With all those teams interested, I'm pretty sure some team will overpay massively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are driving the price up. With all those teams interested, I'm pretty sure some team will overpay massively
    Yup. That would be the smart move. Not sell low to Atlanta, but start a bidding war with NY, Washington, and more... that's how you land a crazy offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially with how bad the free agency pool is this off-season, DJ would be the prized acquisition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mia and bos calling about him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised teams are offering that much. 4-5 draft pics can be crippling for a franchise to cough up even for a team with decent draft capital.
    Murray is a very good player. I think we at ST over and under value the out of our players. Murray is really good and the NBA knows it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a very good player. I think we at ST over and under value the out of our players. Murray is really good and the NBA knows it.
    The Spurs are also frankly selling him cheaply. He's on a very good deal and normally a player of his caliber costs other players of caliber. The Spurs seem to be eliciting only draft capital and perhaps a decent young player or two.

This is a remarkable sale, really. If the Spurs are ready to give him up to near-contending teams for protected picks, they'd be crazy not to jump in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are also frankly selling him cheaply. He's on a very good deal and normally a player of his caliber costs other players of caliber. The Spurs seem to be eliciting only draft capital and perhaps a decent young player or two.

This is a remarkable sale, really. If the Spurs are ready to give him up to near-contending teams for protected picks, they'd be crazy not to jump in.
    It should be a fair deal for both sides moving in different directions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mia and bos calling about him
    Boston is 100 percent win-now they don't have the value to offer to add him to their core. Miami is interesting because of how old they are. I mean, they aren't interesting enough outside of a third team offering a premium for Herro, but I guess they add a floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our young core gets heavily underrated right now. It's actually very very good, it's just that none of them are franchise players (yet), but 2nd and 3rd options are definitely in that pool.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. That would be the smart move. Not sell low to Atlanta, but start a bidding war with NY, Washington, and more... that's how you land a crazy offer.
    Exactly. The only forcing mechanism right now seems to be Gallo’s deal. But that’s ATL’s problem.

I wonder if that’s why Fischer said Collins is back on the table. Honestly that guys value is on the floor (negative asset it feels), and not sure Spurs want to be saddled with trying to find a new home for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. The only forcing mechanism right now seems to be Gallo’s deal. But that’s ATL’s problem.

I wonder if that’s why Fischer said Collins is back on the table. Honestly that guys value is on the floor (negative asset it feels), and not sure Spurs want to be saddled with trying to find a new home for him.

they dont because nobody is giving up draft capital for collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially with how bad the free agency pool is this off-season, DJ would be the prized acquisition.
    Yes. Bad offseason, and not a lot of perceived good options to upgrade teams, like Donovan Mitc , for instance. Hopefully the FO is building momentum, and waiting for the right time. If we hold on, the right offer will come. No need to panic and sell low in a rush.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks would be a great landing spot for him.. Third would run him in the ground but if he can make it to FA they'll max him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My heart goes out to him. Can you imagine being traded to play basketball for a contender elsewhere while earning millions? Hang in there buddy, we're here for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For players, I guess that's a fair argument...and I don't blame them for trying to maximize their value. If one team isn't willing to give you max dollars but another is, then go get paid.

That said, I think "market value" is putting a lot of teams in really ty situations. There are guys like Kyrie, Leonard, Westbrook, Harden, Simmons, etc...getting paid max (or near-max) value for either not playing, or outright tanking their teams.

If I'm a GM, I'm not paying max value for a guy who isn't a top-15 player in the league, but obviously some do and live with the consequences.
    Look at the nuggets. 2 Max contracts to two injured players and soon to be super max. Insane.

Thread Information