Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol people all up in their feelings. Hilarious stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens if Charlotte winds up in the lottery next year?
    The pick defers to 2024, 1-14 protected. If they’re in the lottery in 2024, it defers to 2025, 1-14 protected. After that, two seconds.

They just got Steve Clifford back as coach, and he’s had more success getting them into the playoffs than any other coach. People were freaking out about the Toronto pick not conveying, with only two chances, and we got it the first year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fans ain't coming back. Why would you trust anything this franchise does? Start getting close to competetive, a fun, striving team, and blow a ing hole in their side because you might have to pay the guy in two ing years.

LMAO. This team is moving to Las Vegas. New ownership. This is a RIP moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fans ain't coming back. Why would you trust anything this franchise does? Start getting close to competetive, a fun, striving team, and blow a ing hole in their side because you might have to pay the guy in two ing years.

LMAO. This team is moving to Las Vegas. New ownership. This is a RIP moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like they did with Lonnie Walker, Luka Samanic, Derrick White, and Keldon Johnson!
    Keldon actually has a decent shot. Sorry to rain on your rained on parade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get being pissed but the meltdown some of yall are having is rather comical

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just doesn’t make sense. You pick a player with potential and when he finally reaches that potential …

The team won 34 games last season. If you’ve “reached your potential” with only 34 wins it’s time for a change.

It’s a team sport.

How does that not continue a cycle?

Here’s a cycle for you: 32 wins, 33 wins, 34 wins.

At that rate the Spurs would return to winning fifty games a year in sixteen years. Yay for 2039. I hope we’re all still alive to see it.

It was time, and past time, to shake things up. So, they are shaking, and dealing.

Right, or wrong? Nobody knows yet. But it was time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite honestly the Spurs were quite strategic in their acquisition of picks. The Hawks specific picks and swap are not until 2025. Entering the 2024/2025 season the DJM, Hunter, and Bogdanovic will all be unrestricted free agents. They'll have to spend big for sure to keep DJM and Hunter. Bogdanovic is probably expendable. Besides that they will have Trae will be paying Trae $42,456,000 and Collins $26,580,000 respectively. Ultimately, by the time it comes for those picks the Hawks could be a middle of the pack team.

Many people are upset at PATFO and claim he's senile, but this was not done haphazardly. I'm sure Brian Wright was one biggest if not the biggest facilitator in this structure. With that being said I think Pop enjoys coaching young players and while there will be more losing there will also be more learning from his players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand if DJ was 29, knocking on 30 or something but god damn this was rushed. First season ever in his career being the man and he flourished and got an AS nod for the first time in his career. They gambled on trading him for some 1st round picks that might not ever be better than him. Granted this draft was average, I'll be shocked that more than 3-5 players from the entire draft (being generous) end up being better than current DJ. They also gambled on the thought that this was the highest his price is going to be. I'd put my money on him having an even better year this year opposed to him having an underwhelming season and his worth goes down. If they were serious about trading DJ, which they were, they should have waited until the trade deadline. Where there are injuries and for some teams that may or may not have seen themselves in the playoff hunt but they end up being there, want to make a push and trade for him.

I'm thinking ATL FO hit up the Spurs and said they wanted to get DJ. Trae probably got wind of it and hit up DJ about it, there were reports that they texted about the situation. DJ probably went to the FO and said he was down and they mutually agreed that this was the best option for both parties. I don't think he was blindsided whatsoever even though his tweets sounded like he was trolling about the situation. Like i've said I think he's going to be even better next year and especially more notable after playing and living in the ATL. He's going to fit right in on that team & city, good for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta isn’t a top 4 team in the east after this trade. If I’m the next three years Young tears an ACL, they will be out of the playoffs like the Warriors and SA will cash in. I mean, it’s no sure thing, but at a minimum they get extra firsts, but there is potential for so much more. See GS with lottery pick from T Wolves.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team won 34 games last season. If you’ve “reached your potential” with only 34 wins it’s time for a change.

It’s a team sport.

Here’s a cycle for you: 32 wins, 33 wins, 34 wins.

At that rate the Spurs would return to winning fifty games a year in sixteen years. Yay for 2039. I hope we’re all still alive to see it.

It was time, and past time, to shake things up. So, they are shaking, and dealing.

Right, or wrong? Nobody knows yet. But it was time.
    Could have probably gotten two firsts and two seconds from dumping Poetl and Keldon instead. They'd have been much easier to replace than Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get being pissed but the meltdown some of yall are having is rather comical
    Funny how the sniffers seem to be more calm about this news than the tank crew is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray isn't that guy. He's not a transcendent talent. Spurs can easily find another fringe all-star. He might already be on the roster.

A bigger haul would've been nice but it's pretty much a copy of the Jrue deal. Probably a little better since ATL never becomes as good as MIL even with Murray. Can we honestly say Murray is worth significantly more than Jrue? I think an argument can be made that he's worth less than Jrue. I don't get the outrage. Mediocrity sucks. Time to embrace the tank.
    I don't wish injury on ANY player...but just saying, all it takes is one injury (or suspension, or mental illness, or whatever) for Atlanta to fall out of the play-off race.

AGAIN....not hoping for it, but these things happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On first glance this does seem like a curious move. Maybe the FO just wasn’t interested in any of the moves that could be made this off season that might help the team advance in the standings, or wouldn’t advance the team enough. They may still have been a little gun shy to ask Murray to hang considering the Leonard pulled on the team. I won’t be crying about this, regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand if DJ was 29, knocking on 30 or something but god damn this was rushed. First season ever in his career being the man and he flourished and got an AS nod for the first time in his career. They gambled on trading him for some 1st round picks that might not ever be better than him. Granted this draft was average, I'll be shocked that more than 3-5 players from the entire draft (being generous) end up being better than current DJ. They also gambled on the thought that this was the highest his price is going to be. I'd put my money on him having an even better year this year opposed to him having an underwhelming season and his worth goes down. If they were serious about trading DJ, which they were, they should have waited until the trade deadline. Where there are injuries and for some teams that may or may not have seen themselves in the playoff hunt but they end up being there, want to make a push and trade for him.

I'm thinking ATL FO hit up the Spurs and said they wanted to get DJ. Trae probably got wind of it and hit up DJ about it, there were reports that they texted about the situation. DJ probably went to the FO and said he was down and they mutually agreed that this was the best option for both parties. I don't think he was blindsided whatsoever even though his tweets sounded like he was trolling about the situation. Like i've said I think he's going to be even better next year and especially more notable after playing and living in the ATL. He's going to fit right in on that team & city, good for him.
    DJ is mediocre off the ball, and he will most certainly be off the ball in ATL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have probably gotten two firsts and two seconds from dumping Poetl and Keldon instead. …

Still could happen. There’s no rule that a team can only make one trade a year.

They'd have been much easier to replace than Murray.
    But not as easy to trade as Murray. The easy trades get done first.

In other words, I now expect to see more. Don’t know who or for what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just doesn’t make sense. You pick a player with potential and when he finally reaches that potential you ship him off for more projects YEARS from now. How does that not continue a cycle? You lose an all star player NOW, for potential years from now. I could see if it was for three first round picks next year but several years from now with none being in the lottery? Just plain stupid.
    Murray was in the Leonard era. His timeline is not with vassell etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That mini-high we had from the draft was fun while it lasted

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was in the Leonard era. His timeline is not with vassell etc.
    Vassell hasn't shown anything to deserve being considered part of a timeline. Really hope the Spurs know what they're doing with Primo because he sure didn't look anything like the promising prospect Parker was at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That mini-high we had from the draft was fun while it lasted

It’s great! There’s no Spurs fan who can honestly say he has nothing to talk about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell hasn't shown anything to deserve being considered part of a timeline. Really hope the Spurs know what they're doing with Primo because he sure didn't look anything like the promising prospect Parker was at 19.
    the notion that Primo an NBA player, much less a starting PG at this point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides the timeline, DJ is a bad archetype (defensive PG with a bad shot, not a good closer). And hes already had a bad injury. I get being pissed about the return, but I'm mostly relieved they moved on because he already hit his ceiling imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, trade Poeltl, Keldon, Richardson, Collins and anyone who can play a little and isn't a rookie or sop re, and go hard after that French kid.

It's gonna be hard warching the Spurs looking for them to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, trade Poeltl, Keldon, Richardson, Collins and anyone who can play a little and isn't a rookie or sop re, and go hard after that French kid.

It's gonna be hard warching the Spurs looking for them to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, vassell is my only untouchable on this team. He will be a good 2 way with higher potential.

Thread Information