Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James won’t be there in 24. They don’t have a pick to grab Bronny, and LeBron has said he’s playing with Bronny wherever he’s drafted. That will be next summer.
    SO WE ARE TANKING FOR BRONNY!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SO WE ARE TANKING FOR BRONNY!!!
    and his youngest son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All things being said it was a good deal pick wise, we got 3 picks plus a swap for DJ, that’s a lot of draft capital as is. Just sucks that this is the path the spurs are taking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All things being said it was a good deal pick wise, we got 3 picks plus a swap for DJ, that’s a lot of draft capital as is. Just sucks that this is the path the spurs are taking.
    Needed to happen at some point. If they trade Poetl and keldon, what’s the over/under on wins this next season? 15?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needed to happen at some point. If they trade Poetl and keldon, what’s the over/under on wins this next season? 15?
    Sounds about right. They will still suckout loud with poodle but have no interest in paying him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the trade. The Spurs were not going to be in contention with Murray. He is a solid player but he does not make the players around him better. His outside shot is still iffy. The unprotected picks in the future could be spectacular. Most importantly, we need to see what Primo can do. Also, it makes me wonder if they might keep Walker now.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patfo is so bad at trading, whats the strategy?? no hunter nor okongwu included...those picks wont be even close to lottery so chances of gettin wembanyama still low (at best 14%)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would you prefer?

Endless seasons finishing around 10-12?

Suck it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, if anyone in Atlanta thinks they're getting a defensive stopper who can play off the ball on offense they'll be very disappointed. I'm sure their FO have an idea of how they'd want the fit to work but it's still weird, unless Trae turns into prime Steph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, if anyone in Atlanta thinks they're getting a defensive stopper who can play off the ball on offense they'll be very disappointed. I'm sure their FO have an idea of how they'd want the fit to work but it's still weird, unless Trae turns into prime Steph.

They hve one of the best young backcourts in the league. Theyll be fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus you havent posted in forever and that’s what you decided to post? Come on, man. I’m not nearly as attached as you think nor do I put too much effort into complaining about an outcome that’s out of my control.
    Was starting to wonder if y'all were missing me

'twas just a joke, I know you're not attached to DJ like that, but still... The news immediately brought me back to those back-and-forths over "selling high" on DJ. Looks like the FO took my side on things after all... We'll see how it goes. I'm liking the trade thus far; people cliffhanging here is to be expected, but once the dust settles and people realize those ATL picks are all unprotected... And due in 5 years, which is a century in NBA times, they'll come around. Still, Onyeka would've been huge, especially in the event of trading Jak (which sucks almost as bad as losing DJ to me).

How're you feeling about this trade the morning after? I haven't sifted through the forums at all. No PC since moving to Europe, and idk when I'll get one. Hopefully before the season begins... I wanna see the Primo Show from the first row!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the Primo Show?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SuperPrimo Show, I mean

It's a win-win situation. I don't expect Primo to excel or close to it at his role, which is perfect for losing games and getting that top pick. All folks crying in this thread (surprising to see after having put on the macho TankCrew personas; did y'all think a tank was gonna begin any other way?) don't realize that in a tank, the best asset is always going to be the team's own picks - which the Spurs are full of. The ATL picks are icing on the cake, a mere direction.

Also has to be said that the picks are much likelier to convey/be good than everyone's assuming. Where's all this confidence in ATL coming from? I don't see them being a top 3-4 team in the East even after this trade, and they've got very little capital to get better now. Not to mention what others have said about possible injuries, money issues with many young players looking to get paid in the next few years.... 5 years is a DAMN LONG time. Can't just judge the trade today (even though it's inevitable to do so) as if it's already settled.

Exciting, but trying times, for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SuperPrimo Show, I mean

It's a win-win situation. I don't expect Primo to excel or close to it at his role, which is perfect for losing games and getting that top pick. All folks crying in this thread (surprising to see after having put on the macho TankCrew personas; did y'all think a tank was gonna begin any other way?) don't realize that in a tank, the best asset is always going to be the team's own picks - which the Spurs are full of. The ATL picks are icing on the cake, a mere direction.

Also has to be said that the picks are much likelier to convey/be good than everyone's assuming. Where's all this confidence in ATL coming from? I don't see them being a top 3-4 team in the East even after this trade, and they've got very little capital to get better now. Not to mention what others have said about possible injuries, money issues with many young players looking to get paid in the next few years.... 5 years is a DAMN LONG time. Can't just judge the trade today (even though it's inevitable to do so) as if it's already settled.

Exciting, but trying times, for sure.
    Primo at PG is perfect tank commander but I’m not convinced we are tanking and I’m confident next season our pride alone will win us 5-10 more games because we refuse to properly tank. Those 5-10 games will once again cost us in lottery odds.

Frustrating time to be a Spurs fan. I’m okay with the losing but I think PATFO are fast becoming one of the worst frint offices in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    glad they traded, never believed DJ and White were going to be part of an elite squad. DJ's all star season was overrated, just had the ball in his hands more with Demar gone

ST slitting their wrists per par

"I woulda traded DJ for Zion and signed KD in free agency"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is pop gonna rest healthy players? No

Are we gonna win more than 25 games with a roster full of healthy players? No

We're tanking, tbh.
    Na man just another dumb move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read somewhere that Dejounte wont sign an extension, so Spurs traded him to a team that will can compete in the East, same thing they did for DWhite. What Spurs got is not good but I guess this season and the next is the start of the rebuilding phase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also love the unprotected picks and unprotected swap. That has a high chance of biting Atlanta in the ass later

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All things considered it's not a bad trade. Dejounte is opting out in 2024 and entering UFA, so Hawks are basically giving up 3 picks and a pick swap for 2 years of Dejounte Murray at a below market rate contract. Nothing's stopping the Spurs, Hawks, or any other team from signing Dejounte in free agency in 2024 (he is definitely not extending) so it's not like the Hawks have any true advantage in resigning him at that time.

There are a lot of ways that those unprotected picks and pick swap can pay off. Trae Young can get injured sometime in that 3 year span. Atlanta might decide that Dejounte isn't worth paying 40 million a year or he decides to walk and head to LA with Lebron (or Seattle's expansion team?). Hawks ownership might decide to be cheap and not retain young talent. 3-5 years is a long time in the NBA. 3 years ago Orlando was the 7th seed in the east. Blazers were the 3rd seed in the west. 5 years ago Spurs were looking forward to another year in contention with star Kawhi Leonard and LMA with vets while the Rockets seemed like a juggernaut able to challenge GSW for the le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All things considered it's not a bad trade. Dejounte is opting out in 2024 and entering UFA, so Hawks are basically giving up 3 picks and a pick swap for 2 years of Dejounte Murray at a below market rate contract. Nothing's stopping the Spurs, Hawks, or any other team from signing Dejounte in free agency in 2024 (he is definitely not extending) so it's not like the Hawks have any true advantage in resigning him at that time.

There are a lot of ways that those unprotected picks and pick swap can pay off. Trae Young can get injured sometime in that 3 year span. Atlanta might decide that Dejounte isn't worth paying 40 million a year or he decides to walk and head to LA with Lebron (or Seattle's expansion team?). Hawks ownership might decide to be cheap and not retain young talent. 3-5 years is a long time in the NBA. 3 years ago Orlando was the 7th seed in the east. Blazers were the 3rd seed in the west. 5 years ago Spurs were looking forward to another year in contention with star Kawhi Leonard and LMA with vets while the Rockets seemed like a juggernaut able to challenge GSW for the le.
    Dejounte hits the FA market in 2024, Collins in 2025, both unrestricted. Also, Collins is looking at a full season suspension if he pops positive for PEDs again. He’s already served a 25 gamer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte hits the FA market in 2024, Collins in 2025, both unrestricted. Also, Collins is looking at a full season suspension if he pops positive for PEDs again. He’s already served a 25 gamer.
    it is 55 games for next strike but hopefully his trainer slips him some secret sauce

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Keith Smith

"Contracts that became fully guaranteed yesterday:

Chimezie Metu - SAC
    Max Strus - MIA
    Gabe Vincent - MIA
    Omer Yurtseven - MIA

Danilo Gallinari upped his guarantee amount to $11.5M-$12M and pushed his guarantee back as part of the trade between ATL and SAS."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading Galo pushed his guarantee date back and the value of the guarantee to 11.5-12mm to help faciliTe deal. Smart move on his end.

suspect he is waived if that is true but can’t confirm from a legit source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Keith Smith

"Contracts that became fully guaranteed yesterday:

Chimezie Metu - SAC
    Max Strus - MIA
    Gabe Vincent - MIA
    Omer Yurtseven - MIA

Danilo Gallinari upped his guarantee amount to $11.5M-$12M and pushed his guarantee back as part of the trade between ATL and SAS."
    Beat me to it. So he gets waived and picks up another 2-5mm in free agency to play for a winning franchise. Well done.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading Galo pushed his guarantee date back and the value of the guarantee to 11.5-12mm to help faciliTe deal. Smart move on his end.

suspect he is waived if that is true but can’t confirm from a legit source.
    that would be my thoughts too that he gets waived as soon as deal goes through

Thread Information