Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Vassell led San Antonio with 23 points. Dejounte Murray had 16 points, but he went just 5 of 19 from the floor while being shadowed by Pelicans rookie defensive stopper Herb Jones.

Murray was 26% from the field, including 1/5 from 3PT. 5AST/2TO.

PATFO said pack your bags right then and there IMO.
    Murray was sick and missed the last games because of it. Thats not a fair assessment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Spurs now have three basically 3rd string PGs currently lol barring any upcoming FA moves. Their own 23 FRP could be quite valuable itself.

Would be awesome if they dumped more assets for stacks of FRPs, preferably 23 but I'm cool with a future stagger into 24, 25, etc

Let's flip this house.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was sick and missed the last games because of it. Thats not a fair assessment
    True. But his defense was quite a disappointment this year. That's being fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was wondering the same thing last night while reading one of his posts.
    Still probably in line at Altex after beating up his computer

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Spurs now have three basically 3rd string PGs currently lol barring any upcoming FA moves. Their own 23 FRP could be quite valuable itself.

Would be awesome if they dumped more assets for stacks of FRPs, preferably 23 but I'm cool with a future stagger into 24, 25, etc

Let's flip this house.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed, that respiratory infection factors in. Good point and that def changes things, touche.

Abandoning that argument, still seems like front office just didn't think Murray was enough to put things over the top and I think that might end up being a decent gamble. ATL will be a good fit, Murray and Trae can cover up each other's weaknesses pretty well. But that doesn't mean it would back translate to anything the Spurs could've done with Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kicks to 24 FRP then kicks to two 25 2nd rounders if it happens again

correct me if I'm wrong please
    23, 1-16 protected, 24, 1-14 protected, 25 1-13 protected, after that, two seconds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting if true. We do have cap space to absorb money ATL doesnt want back...
    This gets very interesting if ATL is going after Rudy.

ATL: Rudy; Connolly
    UTH: Collins; Huerter; Capella

Then, I can see Utah routing Mike Connolly to San Antonio for some additional consideration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This gets very interesting if ATL is going after Rudy.

ATL: Rudy; Connolly
    UTH: Collins; Huerter; Capella

Then, I can see Utah routing Mike Connolly to San Antonio for some additional consideration
    No. No veterans on big contracts. Let ATL move whoever they want between themselves and a 3rd team. We don’t need to be involved. Connolly is what timvp calls a floor raiser. We don’t need those. Here’s the deal. Players going out, picks coming back. Players coming in, WITH picks, only. That’s all we need to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. No veterans on big contracts. Let ATL move whoever they want between themselves and a 3rd team. We don’t need to be involved. Connolly is what timvp calls a floor raiser. We don’t need those. Here’s the deal. Players going out, picks coming back. Players coming in, WITH picks, only. That’s all we need to do.
    So this where PATFO shows their cards regarding their intent in trading DJ and their goals for the short to mediumfuture. I’m not convinced they aren’t still going to put together a team they perceive as a playoff threat next season. ESPECIALLY since Pop still has input; he does not give AF about leaving this team on solid footing after he leaves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1542530386982584321?s=20&t=LXwpCRCB8Tkt6cXU5cI1Ew

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's what he meant...additional consideration to us for taking Conley and buying him out...

Although I don't think I'm in favor of that particular deal specifically...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1542530386982584321?s=20&t=LXwpCRCB8Tkt6cXU5cI1Ew
    Could that mean something for the spurs ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could that mean something for the spurs ?
    It could definitely expand to a 3 or 4 team deal with us sending more out or taking back more salary and receiving more picks..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's what he meant...additional consideration to us for taking Conley and buying him out...

Although I don't think I'm in favor of that particular deal specifically...
    Precisely. UTH or ATL (they can sort out who) has to send us something else to rent the space, e.g., a Utah protected pick, etc. I mean that's what we're talking about the spurs doing after this trade, right?

Two benefits of Connolly specifically:
    (1) hes partially guaranteed next year which cold have value at the deadline;
    (2) hes a character guy for the youngster to look up too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precisely. UTH or ATL (they can sort out who) has to send us something else to rent the space, e.g., a Utah protected pick, etc. I mean that's what we're talking about the spurs doing after this trade, right?

Two benefits of Connolly specifically:
    (1) hes partially guaranteed next year which cold have value at the deadline;
    (2) hes a character guy for the youngster to look up too.

Conley would hate coming here. He is at the end of his career and wants to play for a le. And do we want an old veteran here taking up any minutes that should go to our younger players? If he was traded here, he'd be bought out. No need for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jock Landale is going to Atlanta as part of the trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jock Landale is heading to ATL as part of the deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah. That should allow the trade to go through before the moratorium. The Spurs can combine to make the salary, but ATL doesn't have to. Wonder why they wanted to get it done now when they've obviously already passed the deadline. I could see them wanting to reroute Gallo early, but where? Or maybe they wanted to make sure the Hawks couldn't change their minds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally we can tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy they completed the deal before the KD stuff came out tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would love to see how this Trae + Dejounte backcourt will deal with Miami / Boston / MIL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miles bridges arrest not going to help them Mae the playoffs

Thread Information