Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to play the contrarian on this deal. I don't love it without the Atlanta 2023 1st conveying unprotected but other than that I like it. Thats the only part that puzzles me because I expected to go hard for two high lottery picks (one being our own). Logically I see two paths forward that make sense... 1) we try and do a separate deal with Charlotte to take on salary and get them to lift their protection on the 2023 pick if we're tanking or 2) We really REALLY believe in what we have left and try to swing a deal to put players around them. I'd prefer the 1st path since we made thos deal.

Also, for all the cries about the Atlanta picks being in the 20's, I don't believe that for a minute. Atlanta is still behind 9 teams in the east after this trade in my opinion and they have hardly any capital left to bargain with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say as a fan of the Spurs I am pissed and sucks to lose DJ but I assure you he is elated to be living in ATL and going to the Hawks. he'll actually play in a game where it's nationally televised lmao.

Also they're banking on Primo big time right now, this kid better turn into something Jesus Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, THIS is how you get unprotected picks. Teams aren't going to trade them in the near years. I don't love the Spurs playing that long of a game, but for four straight drafts they'll have a potential lotto pick no matter where they are on their development tract. That's not bad. It's just not what I would have wanted for Murray. If they even had Okongwu and then dumped Poeltl for another far-off first, I would have been much happier with the rest of the delayed satisfaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unbelievable…
    Better get Wembanyama now !

For the record, the kid played last season in TP’s franchise in France, and he just decided to leave for some reasons Parker don’t understand, so I’m not sure we can count on TP to convince this player that SA is a good destination for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Poetl & Keldon too.

Hopefully the other young guys ball out in the next few years as well so the San Antonio Feeders can trade them to better organizations tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao the coping is already beginning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garbage.

The franchise creates a need to trade Murray for no ing reason and then gets trash for him. What the .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garbage.

The franchise creates a need to trade Murray for no ing reason and then gets trash for him. What the .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get this at all. Probably one late pick next year and other picks years away and a 33 year old for a pretty damn good player. I don’t see the upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn’t even get Okongwu in the deal. Just awful.

We just gave our franchise player and only All-Star away for pennies on the dollar. What a -show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee. It's not that bad. Maybe that is Murray's peak trade demand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao Slurpers suddenly surprised that this FO that has been on a decline since Tim left is still making terrible moves.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it. They were not winning anything keeping Murray on the roster.

We can all come back here after the Spurs land Wembanyama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't trade Keldon. He's still on the same timeline as the younger guys at 22. DJM is 25. He could mesh with the young guys, but if you don't think he is a one or a two as a star, then why not trade him and hope for the best in the future? But Keldon should stay because he is still on the same timeline as the younger players. Jakob obviously isn't and neither are Richardson, Galinari, and McDermott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They weren't going to max Murray and he was going to leave amidst a rebuild. Murray clearly wanted out to compete. Not out because of SA, but because they weren't focused on competing but on rebuilding.

Murray doesn't hide much, he's been letting it out that he wants more. This was where Murray wanted to go, I'm sure he's very happy. We did right by a loyal player and sent him to a compe ive team he wanted to join, while getting possibly 4 first round picks that will likely all be higher than he was drafted with.

Hate to see it, as Murray has been my personal favorite player since he was drafted. Still a great job getting 3 picks out of it.

Really hope he wins in ATL. Preferably the year we don't have their draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent trade. We get to really go for it with our youngsters and send Murray a good home and get a bunch of picks to take more swings. It was clear that we kept on drafting these guards to try to find the go to guy, and now this clears the way for our young guns to really have on ball reps and see what they got. Especially excited for Bassell and Primo - a good chance for them to get more on ball reps.

Going to be a fun season to watch.
    This. Even if we got both ATL and CHA picks for next year, we’re not getting Wembanyana from those. CHAs pick is like top 16 protected, and ATL isn’t likely to be in the lottery. Delaying the picks is a GOOD thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no spinning this. It's AWFUL

Trae Young is healthy and young, Collins at least is young, Capela not that old, Okongwu young, Dejounte young and healthy ...

This won't be a lottery team the next 5 years. Not even close.

At least NY always has meltdowns and dysfunction. Those could have been worth something.

SHAME

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2023 hornets 1st, 2 unprotected 1st from hawks in 25 and 27, which comes after Murray's contract who may be on 40mil per by then. And an expiring veteran who we can use or waive. And people are saying this is awful?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    feels like a panic trade same way the raiders traded khalil mack several years back. would be hilarious if that charlotte pick never conveys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm praying to god for a silver lining here. And that silver lining being that the Old Man finally retires and that terrible cloud can be finally lifted from this organization.

Please God tell me that Pop retires this offseason. Prayingdog.jpg tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yea, and we now have poetl and McDermott to shop around. We can move those picks around to help us get better picks while offloading these players as well. At the end of the day, they are 3 strong assets to increase your chances at what looks like a very strong draft next year. Wright is thinking like a GM, and not a fan. Exactly what fans have complained about with the front office for years. Now they have trouble stomaching it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate trading the kid but I honestly don't understand what people think you're gonna get when you trade a player like DJM I'd you want picks. You have to get lucky for those picks to be in the lottery. Always weird seeing the reactions here.

Those who have wanted a tank have their wish. Hope primo is good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to play the contrarian on this deal. I don't love it without the Atlanta 2023 1st conveying unprotected but other than that I like it. Thats the only part that puzzles me because I expected to go hard for two high lottery picks (one being our own). Logically I see two paths forward that make sense... 1) we try and do a separate deal with Charlotte to take on salary and get them to lift their protection on the 2023 pick if we're tanking or 2) We really REALLY believe in what we have left and try to swing a deal to put players around them. I'd prefer the 1st path since we made thos deal.

Also, for all the cries about the Atlanta picks being in the 20's, I don't believe that for a minute. Atlanta is still behind 9 teams in the east after this trade in my opinion and they have hardly any capital left to bargain with.
    I like the concept, but the execution was lacking. It's possible they just traded a player they spent a half decade helping become a complementary/fringe star for no significant asset.

Strictly regular season: Celtics, Bucks, Heat, 76ers, Nets, Raptors are solid to better bets to have superior records. Only the Celtics and Bucks are virtual locks though presuming relative health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate trading the kid but I honestly don't understand what people think you're gonna get when you trade a player like DJM I'd you want picks. You have to get lucky for those picks to be in the lottery. Always weird seeing the reactions here.

Those who have wanted a tank have their wish. Hope primo is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for a franchise trying to sell tickets, they just traded away a big part of the group that was bringing fans in. all the joy i had from last week's draft is gone. life long spurs fan and this hurts me to the core. it's going to take me time to adjust and process how i approach this entirely new team. this is why i never wanted to see us tank. i'm not going to say this is the post Gervin era all over again because we have some talent but it's going to be ugly this season.

Thread Information