Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great trade. Now trade Poeltl and walker can go elsewhere and let the young guys have fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I argued a year ago, I am glad SA traded DeRozan. Spurs youth, which I believe(d) in, had 0 value. SA couldn’t trade them for anything of value & also didnt know who might be worth building around IF opportunity presented itself.

Credit to them for getting value at least Where there was none before.

I know I will get flamed for this: But I trust SA vision & WHY they did this

I “trust the process” - I just dont love taking “huge upside, huge meh” package vs getting something a bit more concrete

But fully aware this could be a slam dunk deal too - can’t argue against that

I mean, again, I just dont like not getting one guaranteed good asset. Could turn out amazing still so its not that. Not having any protections is risky for ATL (as we just saw with BKY maybe blowing up)

Hopefully more moves to come (Jak, Doug and Richardson). Get all the picks

This deal is not awful due to the picks. Getting unprotected picks, while still *likely* to never pan out to top 4 is a great gamble. That part of it I am fine with. But theres not one guaranteed good asset - if this would have had OO in deal I would be ecstatic.

Tons of work to make this trade any good now. Those picks are likely to be not even lottery so to get no cap space extra, no young player and only some mid picks as it stands now? I dont get it fully, even if I do get the overarching strategy
    Yup. You were ahead of the curve on it, and I joined you in seeing how much sense it made after this year. But I vehemently disagreed with you on this last year when you first suggested it. I saw the writing on the wall though as our 25th pick came across the screen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the odds of the worst team in the league getting a top 5 pick in the draft?
    The worst three teams get a 52.1% chance of a top 4 pick. The top three worst are highly likely to stay within the top 5...

Odds are listed on the tankathon.com main page.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good haul.

I don't see how one can dislike this trade.

It could've been better with an extra pick or Okongwu, but that's about it.
    Why didn't they get a 2023 first from atlanta? I wanted the Spurs to get three players in next years draft and the chance if Atlanta misses the playoofs of two lottery picks. But not against trading Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, are we sure SA is going to tank lol? I wonder if they are fine being a treadmill team in late lottery and will sign FA to “keep them afloat” vs tanking hmm…Think we all assume they will tank but I am not 100% confident in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't even comprehend the trade and you are ting on it.

Dear God.
    says the guy who thinks the Spurs got 3 unprotected picks. Tell me how genius? Charlotte pick is top 16 protected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, agree on trading Murray but they could've done much better imo. Hopefully they trade everyone over the age of 23 here in the next few days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just move the ing team already. What a moronic trade.
    And you won't be singing that tune this time next year if we manage to get Wembanyama and have not only a young roster of studs (that actually got PT ON THE COURT) but draft picks oozing out of our eyeballs for the next half decade, with capspace!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, are we sure SA is going to tank lol? I wonder if they are fine being a treadmill team in late lottery and will sign FA to “keep them afloat” vs tanking hmm…Think we all assume they will tank but I am not 100% confident in that.
    Watch them Sign Colin Sexton lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst three teams get a 52.1% chance of a top 4 pick. The top three worst are highly likely to stay within the top 5...

Odds are listed on the tankathon.com main page.
    The odds are 100% to get a top 5 pick with the worst record in the league....and yes the odds are highly likely to be better than #5..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs didn't get 3 unprotected firsts

2 unprotected. 1 pick swap. 1 hornets top 16 protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they end up as the 10th seed again I'll lose my mind

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says the guy who thinks the Spurs got 3 unprotected picks. Tell me how genius? Charlotte pick is top 16 protected
    I think he's talking about the 2026 pick swap being unprotected as the 3rd unprotected pick..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 unprotected. 1 pick swap. 1 hornets top 16 protected.
    why are you telling me things that I already know? Like does that boost your confidence or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

of course your not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People thinking they're in full on tank mode. I guess that's why the Old Man is still sticking around then? You really think he's going to do what is necessary to fully commit to a full on tank season? no.

They won't even be a bottom 5 team next year.

Trade Poetl ASAP as well.

They've already sent a message to all their young guys that they're on a minor league team. Wait your turn, get better and you'll get a call up to the big leagues soon enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's talking about the 2026 pick swap being unprotected as the 3rd unprotected pick..
    since when do 2 picks and 1 swap equal to 3 picks? Can you pick 3 players in 3 drafts with those 2 picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are you telling me things that I already know? Like does that boost your confidence or something?
    hes a lil slow

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you won't be singing that tune this time next year if we manage to get Wembanyama and have not only a young roster of studs (that actually got PT ON THE COURT) but draft picks oozing out of our eyeballs for the next half decade, with capspace!
    Could have gotten two firsts and two seconds for Poetl and Keldon in trade instead and still tanked while having one legitimately talented player still on the roster.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are going to get a great player in next year's draft.

They should land a top 5 pick or better next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just throwing at the wall here, but....what if Dejounte wanted out?

What if he requested a trade, but did it professionally instead of being like Nephew and blasting it out all over Twitter and through the media?

He's been a good soldier all along...but maybe SA wasn't his dream destination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just doesn’t make sense. You pick a player with potential and when he finally reaches that potential you ship him off for more projects YEARS from now. How does that not continue a cycle? You lose an all star player NOW, for potential years from now. I could see if it was for three first round picks next year but several years from now with none being in the lottery? Just plain stupid.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Pretty terrible trade for the Spurs. Atlanta won this trade and the picks the Spurs got back aren't even that high. Pop likely don't give a crap anymore Spurs in full tank mode now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just doesn’t make sense. You pick a player with potential and when he finally reaches that potential you ship him off for more projects YEARS from now. How does that not continue a cycle? You lose an all star player NOW, for potential years from now. I could see if it was for three first round picks next year but several years from now with none being in the lottery? Just plain stupid.

Thread Information