Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides the timeline, DJ is a bad archetype (defensive PG with a bad shot, not a good closer). And hes already had a bad injury. I get being pissed about the return, but I'm mostly relieved they moved on because he already hit his ceiling imho

^That's the biggest thing. The illusion that we had this perennial all-star just waiting for his 2nd guy is dead. And it desperately needed to die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been wanting to Spurs to lose every single the last few seasons to tank tbh so what is to it another season lol.Glad they finally blew it out four years later.I have been a Redskins/Commanders fan my entire life and you all know the story with them. It can’t get any worse than that trust me. Spurs will be fine imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bad trade obviously but it was a good decision by the FO. I am pro-tank so a change up from a decade of mediocrity is welcome. Besides DJ gets to finally have some media attention and he'll have better chances to make all star teams so i think all sides will benefit from this, DJ immediately and the Spurs potentionally in the long run.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    After reading through this thread I get your points …
    But got 3 first even if crappy ones for a fringe all star they knew couldn’t lead a le team
    Has an agent that is difficult to work with
    And they knew would want more than Spurs would be willing to pay

I think you guys overrate DJ and his value in the league …
    You did not take them in the deal but right now it seems fair and if any of the picks hit you win it.
    Spur fan always brags about how they draft and develop and not buy les like LAkers
    Now you got plenty of picks to play with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we don’t have to see Murray get raped by Morant four games a year now. Murray had no answer to him. That’s what kind of turned me off on him even if Morant destroyed pretty much everyone this past season.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading through this thread I get your points …
    But got 3 first even if crappy ones for a fringe all star they knew couldn’t lead a le team
    Has an agent that is difficult to work with
    And they knew would want more than Spurs would be willing to pay

I think you guys overrate DJ and his value in the league …
    You did not take them in the deal but right now it seems fair and if any of the picks hit you win it.
    Spur fan always brags about how they draft and develop and not buy les like LAkers
    Now you got plenty of picks to play with
    They did not get three firsts. That Charlotte pick is heavily protected in 2023, 2024, and 2025, and becomes two seconds in 2026 if it doesn't confer in the next 3 years. It only confers if it's 17 or higher next year, 15 or higher in 2024, or 14 or higher in 2025. So if Charlotte isn't a solid playoff team in the next three years it's two seconds. The only two players they have drafted in the second round this century that became rotation players for them were Dejuan Blair and Tre Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray taking the high road

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs sold as high as they can with DJM. I loved him as a Spur, but this was the right move. So much could’ve gone wrong if they kept him. His value lowers if he isn’t an all star. His value lowers if he remains out of the playoffs. If he manages to be an all star and all nba player while making the playoffs, that means the value of the Spurs pick lowers.

The Spurs don’t have to get the #1 pick in 2023, they have to get close enough that they can trade and get Wamalamadingdong. That could mean attaching the picks they got for Murray. This feels bad today, but this was the right move. The real question, will Wamalamadingdong still be the #1 pick come next draft? Chet was supposed to be the #1 overall, then Smith, but it ended up being Paolo.

I’m looking forward to this season just as much as pre-trade because we weren’t gonna be watching playoff ball in the end either way. In this scenario, we get to see Coach Pop with literally no clear main option. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach of his caliber be in this situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol people all up in their feelings. Hilarious stuff.
    Did Murray ask for a trade? You said he didn't. It sure as feels like he asked out. If not, did the Spurs approach him and tell him they're looking to trade him? If it was that scenario, it seems he got to pick where he goes. Surely they could have done a better deal with a different team.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice. Nothing but respect for Dejounte. He balled his ass off and was positive all the time. I'm going to miss his leadership and work ethic even more than his on-court production.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He gets to ball out in Hotlanta with ten times more media coverage, i doubt he's too broken up about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets to ball out in Hotlanta with ten times more media coverage, i doubt he's too broken up about this.
    Oh, yes. Definitely a Klutch performance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They did not get three firsts. That Charlotte pick is heavily protected in 2023, 2024, and 2025, and becomes two seconds in 2026 if it doesn't confer in the next 3 years. It only confers if it's 17 or higher next year, 15 or higher in 2024, or 14 or higher in 2025. So if Charlotte isn't a solid playoff team in the next three years it's two seconds. The only two players they have drafted in the second round this century that became rotation players for them were Dejuan Blair and Tre Jones.
    Again great points.
    DJ wanted out and y’all didn’t wanna pay him long term at Rich Paul prices
    He was your best player, sure but Dourfan knows greatness he is not that
    Maybe he has a DDR type season and it will hurt, but I doubt it.
    Even if he did do you wanna pay Paul prices for it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t he supposed to do what’s best for him and his family???? Any agency would do the same I’m thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely unintentional but nice throwback to the early ‘90s Hemisfair PA chant by Simmons

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Plus you had a solid draft I think immediate future is tough but down the road Im with Deeps gotta invest in a rebuild can’t pussy foot around and go for meaningless playoff berths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Murray ask for a trade? You said he didn't. It sure as feels like he asked out. If not, did the Spurs approach him and tell him they're looking to trade him? If it was that scenario, it seems he got to pick where he goes. Surely they could have done a better deal with a different team.
    My thoughts on what happened. ATL called before the draft to work something 3 ways. Spurs let DJ know, and he and Trae started texting. When that deal died, Trae still wanted him in ATL, so the new deal was cons uted and executed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the line on win totals?

I like Atlanta over 50, gotta go to Vegas. And yes, I know that season totals are a sucker game and it's better to just bet every game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo everybody knows this is a ty trade. Most of the guys that love it are trolls that only have a couple hundred post on this forum. The real mother ers know that, it is chaotic what is gonna be out there this coming next season. Who’s gonna run the point? Tre jones? Primo? Come on. Are they going to have a point forward offense now with Keldon? Everything points to failure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo everybody knows this is a ty trade. Most of the guys that love it are trolls that only have a couple hundred post on this forum. The real mother ers know that, it is chaotic what is gonna be out there this coming next season. Who’s gonna run the point? Tre jones? Primo? Come on. Are they going to have a point forward offense now with Keldon? Everything points to failure
    But that's how tanking works.

We've needed a full reset since Nephew ed us over. This was a long time coming, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a lot of folks are gonna disagree but I Don’t think the picks will be as bad as most think. Atlanta still needs to make more moves in my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely unintentional but nice throwback to the early ‘90s Hemisfair PA chant by Simmons

Can we stop this ? You can't really tank for the top pick anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a lot of folks are gonna disagree but I Don’t think the picks will be as bad as most think. Atlanta still needs to make more moves in my opinion
    They’re a flawed team. They still have a PG that plays no defense, and being a bad 3 point shooter doesn’t lend itself to DJ playing well off the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's how tanking works.

We've needed a full reset since Nephew ed us over. This was a long time coming, tbh.
    They ain’t gonna tank. They will still compete and some will probably surprise now with they the ball in their hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we stop this ? You can't really tank for the top pick anymore.
    People think they are, but I just see them collecting picks, and weeding out failed franchise player candidates. They’ll keep trying until they hit one. They won’t shut anyone down to lose games at the end of the year. Pop wouldn’t come back for that. I see next year not being substantially different from last year.

Thread Information