Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we stop this ? You can't really tank for the top pick anymore.
    You still need bottom 3 record to get the most ping pong balls possible. So yeah it does kinda still work, tbh.

Even if we don't win Wimby sweepstakes, a top 5 picks gives us better chance to land a future MVP caliber player. DJ wasn't it and that's exactly what it'll take for us to get back to contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we're not tanking. People need to realize this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love that the Spurs got the ‘25 and ‘27 picks. Murray may end up bolting in ‘24 for LA to play with his mentor James, and Atlanta could plummet dramatically starting there and even worse by 2027

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They ain’t gonna tank. They will still compete and some will probably surprise now with they the ball in their hands.
    Is pop gonna rest healthy players? No

Are we gonna win more than 25 games with a roster full of healthy players? No

We're tanking, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still need bottom 3 record to get the most ping pong balls possible. So yeah it does kinda still work, tbh.

Even if we don't win Wimby sweepstakes, a top 5 picks gives us better chance to land a future MVP caliber player. DJ wasn't it and that's exactly what it'll take for us to get back to contention.
    Dude, no. There's only a 14% chance to land the top pick. Can't people get this through their skulls? There's no tanking for tall skinny French guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude, no. There's only a 14% chance to land the top pick. Can't people get this through their skulls? There's no tanking for tall skinny French guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That mini-high we had from the draft was fun while it lasted
    Remember when people said Murray coming back from his injury meant the Spurs were a 50 win team in 2020. Instead, they finish with about 30 wins (would have finished under 40 if Covid didn’t happen). People need to stop with the knee jerk reactions and see how things play out first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love that the Spurs got the ‘25 and ‘27 picks. Murray may end up bolting in ‘24 for LA to play with his mentor James, and Atlanta could plummet dramatically starting there and even worse by 2027
    James won’t be there in 24. They don’t have a pick to grab Bronny, and LeBron has said he’s playing with Bronny wherever he’s drafted. That will be next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they dont have to purposely lose. They absolutely suck now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And taking a shot at that 14% lotto ticket is still better than being stuck in the 8-11 seed purgatory that we've been in since Nephew left.

Even a top 5 pick would give us a better chance a grabbing our next franchise corner stone that we absolutely need to contend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a shame that we lose Murray. The kid punched above his weight to get where he did. He is a natural leader. I hate this move even if I understand why the Spurs did it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again great points.
    DJ wanted out and y’all didn’t wanna pay him long term at Rich Paul prices
    He was your best player, sure but Dourfan knows greatness he is not that
    Maybe he has a DDR type season and it will hurt, but I doubt it.
    Even if he did do you wanna pay Paul prices for it?
    He didn't want out. He just wasn't taking shorts by taking the early extension and I don't blame him nor Klutch at all. I wish Dejounte nothing but success in ATL. Depends where Dejounte and the Spurs would have been at in two years whether I would have offered him the max deal he'd be seeking.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    should've waited until during the season. just like with the kawhi trade...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus you had a solid draft I think immediate future is tough but down the road Im with Deeps gotta invest in a rebuild can’t pussy foot around and go for meaningless playoff berths.
    Except they could have dumped Poetl and Keldon Johnson for picks and kept the one guy who was really hard to replace in Murray and still tanked, just like OKC is doing with SGA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except they could have dumped Poetl and Keldon Johnson for picks and kept the one guy who was really hard to replace in Murray and still tanked, just like OKC is doing with SGA.

They dont want to win. Murray had to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only reason I like this is cuz we did something lol so many years of nothing and now we have a trade a ty trade but nonetheless a trade . And hopefully primo gets the starting phone job malaki the two vassal the three and sochan the 4

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    should've been DJ for nerlens noel + the knicks' three 2023 1st round picks.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    should've been DJ for nerlens noel + the knicks' three 2023 1st round picks.
    Arent all those all protected picks? what would be the point?

Also:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well I don’t pretend to know more about your team than y’all…
    Just providing a neutral perspective
    I killed the Kawhi deal don’t feel that way about this one probably because DJ was nowhere close to healthy Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have mixed feelings about this trade. On one hand I really enjoyed watching DJ play and was exciting about seeing what he would do this year for the Spurs. On the other hand, he wasn't a franchise player and would have taken up the Spurs cap for years to come if they maxed him out. Spurs could have ended up being thread mill team for the whole entire time he is here that once in while would get out of the first round. Going forward the way I judge this trade is going to be by seeing if DJ becomes a superstar or is he just a fringe all-star and what the Spurs get out of the Hawk picks.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And taking a shot at that 14% lotto ticket is still better than being stuck in the 8-11 seed purgatory that we've been in since Nephew left.

Even a top 5 pick would give us a better chance a grabbing our next franchise corner stone that we absolutely need to contend.
    Murray off the team will also add value to the spurs own pick so that also has to be factored in with this trade.
    Like you say even not getting the top pick the Spurs should have a shot at getting a great player with a higher upside to being a franchise changing player than Murray.

It really was a great trade for the Spurs in the long run.

If you're looking at it short sighted just this year coming up, yeah it's going to be a tough year but in the long run the Spurs are going to be better off and are going to come out ahead than if they kept Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs wind up winning the lottery next year, this will go down as one of the greatest trades in franchise history.
    True and Pop coaching his last year with a team of kids will add to his legacy he leaves. The new coaching regime might luck into 18 seasons of a TD type talent. Would like to live long enough to watch all that unfold if it happens.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey who has BLM Lbtq boycott experience? Boycott they games nobody wants to see a bunch of has beens play on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information