My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think about all these changes in roster, trades, draft choices, etc as part of a whole, a plan designed by a retiring coach Pop to present his successor with lots of options for the future with the underbrush on the roster cleared away. These moves may not be finished, but I think we see the outline "through a glass, darkly."

The new head coach will be Brett Brown. Sure he just came on and no formal announcement has been made about the promotion to head coach, but who is Pop's best friend, accolyte, with some head coaching experience, and familiar with the franchise and team culture. TA DA! Brett Brown.

Look at the pertinent info frin Wikipedia.

After attending a basketball camp run by Brown and Andrew Gaze, San Antonio Spurs general manager R. C. Buford hired Brown as an unpaid member of the Spurs' basketball operations department for the 1998–99 lockout-shortened season.[2] In 2002, after a stint with the Sydney Kings, he again took a position with the Spurs, this time as the team's director of player development.[3] Buford credited him with focusing attention on the team's lesser-known players, creating a consistently strong bench; this philosophy would continue to benefit the Spurs even after Brown left his role as player development director.[8] He was promoted to assistant coach in September 2007, working under coach Gregg Popovich.[9] Popovich calls Brown "one of his best friends," and Brown would later incorporate many of Popovich's concepts into his own offensive system.[10] He played a major role in signing Australian guard Patty Mills, who played under him for the Australian national team.[11] Brown was a member of the Spurs organization for four of their championship-winning seasons.[3]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's going to be Snyder still

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m Snyder, no way I’m coming to the Spurs now. I’m waiting for a much better opportunity, of which there will be many. Coaching a team in the beginning stages of a full rebuild ing sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m Snyder, no way I’m coming to the Spurs now. I’m waiting for a much better opportunity, of which there will be many. Coaching a team in the beginning stages of a full rebuild ing sucks.
    its going to be a painful journey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think this got posted. Sorry. Try the other post. I don't know how to delete this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well if the Spurs get Wenbenyama that should be enough of a selling point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well if the Spurs get Wenbenyama that should be enough of a selling point
    We’re likely not getting him. And Snyder ain’t gonna be our next coach imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re likely not getting him. And Snyder ain’t gonna be our next coach imo.
    you saying that makes me even more confident we will get him cause you‘re predictions are always wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you saying that makes me even more confident we will get him cause you‘re predictions are always wrong
    No reverse psychology this time. And I predicted we’d take Sochan a week before the draft. So there goes that theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ettore would be incredible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would make sense. He guided the 76’ers through what he called “The Process.”

My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    Brett's a great development guy, perfect for a young roster. I'm down.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brette was also a successful coach during his time in Australia and yes the spurs FO have always valued the relationship.

Definitely a good chance to be pops successor

Thread Information