Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were right. I was wrong. I follow logic, and my trail of logic failed me this time.

Not upset at the particular trade. In fact, I think its a good haul. Just curious now what the future holds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing,lots and lots of losing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s pretty solid of you! Yeah…… can I get a piece of that too!! Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s pretty solid of you! Yeah…… can I get a piece of that too!! Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were right. I was wrong. I follow logic, and my trail of logic failed me this time.

Not upset at the particular trade. In fact, I think its a good haul. Just curious now what the future holds.
    I appreciate it, it's all good my brother... I'm curious about the future too. Since we didn't get the 2023 Atl pick I'm wondering if we pivot to take salary from Charlotte to get them to lift their protection next season? I'm also wondering if they pivot and try to replace DJ with a vet PG of some kind and push for a play in spot? If they do that I assume they just didn't think DJ was as valuable as I thought he was or maybe that he just wasn't a fit with the other guys they valued more. My bet is on taking salary for picks and going all in for Wembanyama but, we should see that start playing out tomorrow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs all in for lebron James jr confirmed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Miss Cleo knows of the future

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What haul?

We got two picks in the 20’s and 1 pick that’s so over protected that it will convey to a 2nd in 2064.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What haul?

We got two picks in the 20’s and 1 pick that’s so over protected that it will convey to a 2nd in 2064.
    what else could we expect?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know who will be on Atl’s roster in 3yrs…….DJ could be back insan Antonio lol quit being so shortsighted!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put down the checkers…..this is chess!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put down the checkers…..this is chess!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What haul?

Atlanta isn't even likely to be a playoff team next year...those picks ate much more likely to be in the lottery than in the 20's....

How many people here said we'd NEVER get an unprotected pick in any DJ deal? And now we've got 2 and an unprotected swap... that's unheard of....the Jrue package my ass....that package had protection and bad salary (Bledsoe)...this is beyond that...I've been critical of the FO but, they did very well here....would I have liked the Atl 2023 1st? Of course....but this was a good haul...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take apologies from all the folks on here saying the drafting of 2 more guards made sense, while we had DJM on the roster and the stated intent of playing Primo there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mo7888 -- Your takes on Wembanyama / the '23 Draft + Free Agency Class and how assets get managed are right in sync with mine.

Fistbump, man. Sad to see DJM go. Not thrilled about that Charlotte pick being so heavily protected, but optimistic about where this all might be headed.

Next step -- hope PATFO doesn't sign a big free agent this summer. That's key.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mo7888 -- Your takes on Wembanyama / the '23 Draft + Free Agency Class and how assets get managed are right in sync with mine.

Fistbump, man. Sad to see DJM go. Not thrilled about that Charlotte pick being so heavily protected, but optimistic about where this all might be headed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I appreciate it... I'd also like us to explore a deal with Charlotte to give the cap space in return for them removing the protections on the pick we now hold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate it... I'd also like us to explore a deal with Charlotte to give the cap space in return for them removing the protections on the pick we now hold.
    Totally worth it if the Spurs can swing that.

So weird to be on pins and needles heading into Free Agency hoping the Spurs DON'T sign a major free agent. But that's where I am. Fingers crossed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop better not screw the Tank Job up that for damn sure

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this should be the Spurs next move. Offer Poeltl too.

Work on Charlotte to try to get two possible picks in the lottery next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing,lots and lots of losing
    Because Murray is gone? Please stop. We didn't make the playoffs with him at the helm and I'd say we have a better chance of making it sooner now that he's gone. He had a terrific year but he didn't move the needle and the team is finally headed in the right direction with him gone. Now the Spurs need to get some better talent - package those picks with other role players and get back real players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Murray is gone? Please stop. We didn't make the playoffs with him at the helm and I'd say we have a better chance of making it sooner now that he's gone. He had a terrific year but he didn't move the needle and the team is finally headed in the right direction with him gone. Now the Spurs need to get some better talent - package those picks with other role players and get back real players.
    were gonna lose alot more. Who cares if we already sucked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chalking up the 2025 and 27 hawks unprotected first rounders as "in the 20s" is really shortsighted and gives waaaaaay too much credit to that organization

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to OP.

At the end of the day, we're all taking our collective knowledge and trying to read the tea leaves.

Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong.

Sometimes, we are just bored and like to at one another.

That's what makes this forum fun

Thread Information