Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. His job is to satisfy his clients. For the most part that means getting them paid, and for some clients also being in a position to win. DJ would have been selling himself short if he took an extension at what he was eligible for. If PATFO even approached the negotiation with that as a starting point they made their bed. Now sleep - Coach Pop first.
    Oh I know it's his job is to put his client first as well as himself. No argument there.

I look at like this. He's a cancer to the league in the same way promoters have destroyed boxing. When the agents are controlling player movement to the detriment of team building then its certainly counter to the greater good of the league. Making smaller markets even more irrelevant.

None of us know what the FO and DJ discussed. I would agree that SA wasn't looking to max him and that was arguably his market but I'm also not of the belief that the Spurs don't negotiate in good faith.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich Paul might be as big of a cancer at Kyrie
    Why? For not accepting a lowball extension?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's 16 or better it turns into a top 14 protected 2024 pick, then a top 13 protected 2025, and then two worthless seconds after that.
    So, we have one more shot than the Toronto pick we got for Thad. Yay!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens to the Hornets pick if they land below 16
    thinking it over last night, I think there is a very real chance that the hornets land below 16 in 2023 and that was even before the bridges felony charges (even though I think bridges was not going to return, the hornets have no way of getting thing back for him now). if you think about who makes it in the east, charlotte is maybe an 8th seed at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? There was never going to be an extension, because the starting salary would be based off the bargain extension he’s on right now. He was going into UFA in 2024 to get his bag. Having an agent do what his client wants doesn’t make him a cancer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and free tarot card reading from ATL’s finest. JK bro.

This trade has me agreeing with both yourself and John B …Crazy!
    Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I know it's his job is to put his client first as well as himself. No argument there.

I look at like this. He's a cancer to the league in the same way promoters have destroyed boxing. When the agents are controlling player movement to the detriment of team building then its certainly counter to the greater good of the league. Making smaller markets even more irrelevant.

None of us know what the FO and DJ discussed. I would agree that SA wasn't looking to max him and that was arguably his market but I'm also not of the belief that the Spurs don't negotiate in good faith.
    I’m actually speechless. Thanks for your submission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I won’t fight you on this but i’ll argue Klutch has serious power these days and the goal is to learn the rules of the game and exploit them to win. Righteous PATFO need a culture tweak and getting in bed with a here and there has its advantages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Thats not what I'm saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I won’t fight you on this but i’ll argue Klutch has serious power these days and the goal is to learn the rules of the game and exploit them to win. Righteous PATFO need a culture tweak and getting in bed with a here and there has its advantages.
    Okay. So you get where I'm coming from. I'm not arguing against the idea that an agent shouldn't do everything in their power to help their client. Only that the landscape of player agency has changed and you're right... they have a ton of power and its not to the benefit of the league. It actually hurts the league.

We don't an NBA that is controlled by agents.

That is not to say that I think that should come at the expense of the players and their best interest.

I think some people just aren't smart enough to understand what I'm saying.

No Limit For Life NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh. Team wasn’t making the playoffs with mean Dejounte though.

No this playin crap doesn’t count, this was a lottery team with him so whatever.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Thats not what I'm saying.
    You haven't given any supporting evidence to your claim that Rich Paul is a cancer on this league. Anthony Davis deciding he wanted out of NO and hiring Klutch to steer him to LA isn't Klutch controlling player movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way I can swallow this trade is that we are also moving Jacob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay. So you get where I'm coming from. I'm not arguing against the idea that an agent shouldn't do everything in their power to help their client. Only that the landscape of player agency has changed and you're right... they have a ton of power and its not to the benefit of the league. It actually hurts the league.

We don't an NBA that is controlled by agents.

That is not to say that I think that should come at the expense of the players and their best interest.

I think some people just aren't smart enough to understand what I'm saying.
    I think like most things in life these things eventually work their way out. The same way the super team phenomenon and player empowerment shook the landscape of the NBA and now seems to be neutralized, Klutch seems to have temporarily put their mark on the game. Probably more to come with shops like Roc Nation getting involved. But for a chance at a few years of exciting playoff basketball I’m a dirty girl. Watch me dance on that pole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't given any supporting evidence to your claim that Rich Paul is a cancer on this league. Anthony Davis deciding he wanted out of NO and hiring Klutch to steer him to LA isn't Klutch controlling player movement.
    I’m not going to get into a pointless back and forth with you. I made my point. I’m never mentioned AD but it don’t necessarily agree with your opinion either. We’re not gonna agree.

No one should want a league driven and controlled by agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What benefit do the spurs get by expanding the trade to include the Heat? The assets would be flowing to the Hawks. Or are the Heat looking to shed additional salary by attaching a pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think like most things in life these things eventually work their way out. The same way the super team phenomenon and player empowerment shook the landscape of the NBA and now seems to be neutralized, Klutch seems to have temporarily put their mark on the game. Probably more to come with shops like Roc Nation getting involved. But for a chance at a few years of exciting playoff basketball I’m a dirty girl. Watch me dance on that pole.
    I don’t like it obviously because the Spurs are in the small market and get even more in the disadvantage as it is. I mean to other teams like Lakers, Miami, Nets, Warriors, etc they don’t mean shiite. Players would still come no matter what. We feel different here as Spurs fans Hey but that’s why I love this team. It’s Primo time. Who the fck is this kid? If he wins MIP, DJ would commit Hara-Kiri

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is still the only high level FA signing this team has ever made. Fact is this is not a market FAs want to go to and having max capspace requires a ton of planning ahead.
    Aldridge was a perennial all-star during his prime with an outside shot at the HOF. I don't think Murray is in that tier. Jrue, Middleton, Hayward, Sabonis, McCollum, Wiggins, prime Millsap, etc. Those are the kind of guys in Murray's tier, imo.

I think we can land one of those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What benefit do the spurs get by expanding the trade to include the Heat? The assets would be flowing to the Hawks. Or are the Heat looking to shed additional salary by attaching a pick?
    Rerouting Gallo somewhere else or absorbing more bad contracts for additional assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge was a perennial all-star during his prime with an outside shot at the HOF. I don't think Murray is in that tier. Jrue, Middleton, Hayward, Sabonis, McCollum, Wiggins, prime Millsap, etc. Those are the kind of guys in Murray's tier, imo.

historically, the spurs have landed these kind of players but it was easier to recruit them because the chances of winning a le were always so high. the spurs now have to create a promising enough of a nucleus to attract such players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lower

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    historically, the spurs have landed these kind of players but it was easier to recruit them because the chances of winning a le were always so high. the spurs now have to create a promising enough of a nucleus to attract such players.
    For sure. But there's no immediate need to attract one at the moment. You try to find a true centerpiece in the draf (bc that is something the Spurs definitely haven't had success doing in FA). This trade increases the likelihood of that--with the incoming picks and gutting the team for a full blown tank job.

Thread Information