Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe, but he shot 32% last season. It's not far fetched to think he could up that to 36%. Also Atlanta's issue is defense, since everybody will just be standing around on offense watching Trae Young do all kind of , while he's a traffic cone on defense. They need somebody to set the tone on D and DJ is certainly the right guy for that. He also got some pretty good roll men on that team who are more skilled than Jakob on offense
    He shot .327 last year. His career % is .330. I think we have a baseline. He’ll help on defense, but I think he causes as many problems on offense as he solves on defense, mainly spacing issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ can impact the game in many ways. He doesn’t need to be a walking triple double in ATL but he is going to have multiple targets on the offensive end.

Also Trae is going to be playing off ball more than ppl on here realize.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He shot .327 last year. His career % is .330. I think we have a baseline. He’ll help on defense, but I think he causes as many problems on offense as he solves on defense, mainly spacing issues.
    The Rubio - Garland pairing was a success last year , ATL is hoping the same. They were +40 i think. Dragic-Bledsoe is the other one who overachieved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my understanding DJ may get to handle the ball a good amount as they experiment with having Trae run off screens and other plays similar to what GS runs for Steph.
    DJM still won't have the ball as much as he did in SA, but he won't be a strictly off-ball guard.
    There will be growing pains for both players, but it could work if the are dedicated to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just glad I can now safely call this dude out for the Capitalize Every First Sentence Typing .

You're 25 man, never too late for some proper in' grammar.
    I'm assuming the irony of this post was intentional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang its real, which is pretty wild.

I guess you can say... In the end, Murray was not a culture fit.

“the way that system set up yall gonna be bad for the next 15 years. problems bigger than basketball”

Just some nuclear truth bombs by DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “the way that system set up yall gonna be bad for the next 15 years. problems bigger than basketball”

Just some nuclear truth bombs by DJ.
    No. Just more stupidity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ has always been prone to impulsive rashness. This is just another example of this. He's in Atlanta and will quickly discover he's just travelled to an average franchise. The Hawks aren't set up for any real success either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ain't wrong, neither the Spurs nor the Hawks are sniffing a 'ship in the next 15 years tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wish him the best but lets see how his career turns out and how the Spurs do. Spurs have a lot to prove tbh..
    That's right lets see how he turns out. Reminds me a bit of DeRozen. We all pretty much knew DeRozen probably wasn't going to sign, but a least he handled it professionally. He moved on to Chicago where his team did do better than we did, but he was basically the same player. Great in season player but come playoff time he tends to fade in crunch time. Nothing new, but he doesn't get booed when he comes to San Antonio. That's called professional respect by the fans.

Murray is the opposite. Lets see how free he is in Atlanta, with Trae Young mostly handling the ball and the shots, plus a few other guys who also want the ball so they look good when its time to make a case for them to get paid which is fairly soon. Murray was the top dog here and it wasn't enough. Good move ? Maybe but it may be a better move for the spurs to move on from a disgruntled player.

Again we'll se how he does in Atlanta or when he comes back to face San Antonio. It will be telling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think OP was reading way too much into social media but this is pretty blatant so obviously Dejounte (OP) was right. NGL, this kinda sours me on DJM a bit. Sounds like he left feeling salty and I'm not sure why.

I think people are going to read whatever they want into this. Some are going to say that he's talking about Pop. Some are going to point to other . Its all possible he's just clapping back at some idiot fan on the internet.
    Last edited by MannyIsGod; 07-19-2022 at 11:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wish him the best but lets see how his career turns out and how the Spurs do. Spurs have a lot to prove tbh..
    Eh, DJM has a lot more to prove than the Spurs my dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just sounds like he’s bitter and never really wanted to be traded. I believe he was loyal to the Spurs and wanted to stay just not at a discount. All that “Trae and I” narrative was just to make himself feel like he was driving this trade when he wasn’t. This was simply the Spurs doing what was best for the Spurs and they just kind of did him a solid with it being Atlanta. He’s young and emotional. Of course he wants to believe he was the franchise cornerstone and without him the Spurs have no hope. The only issue was like Manny said getting into a back and forth on social media. Spurs fans and maybe it’s more San Antonians that have an inferiority complex. Everything is a shot at the Spurs and the team is always going to be relocated. It’s pathetic but ehhh slightly amusing. Just look at those replies it’s a no win situation to entertain those losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ain't wrong, neither the Spurs nor the Hawks are sniffing a 'ship in the next 15 years tbh
    I’m betting the Spurs will get there first before the Hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just sounds like he’s bitter and never really wanted to be traded. I believe he was loyal to the Spurs and wanted to stay just not at a discount. All that “Trae and I” narrative was just to make himself feel like he was driving this trade when he wasn’t. This was simply the Spurs doing what was best for the Spurs and they just kind of did him a solid with it being Atlanta. He’s young and emotional. Of course he wants to believe he was the franchise cornerstone and without him the Spurs have no hope. The only issue was like Manny said getting into a back and forth on social media. Spurs fans and maybe it’s more San Antonians that have an inferiority complex. Everything is a shot at the Spurs and the team is always going to be relocated. It’s pathetic but ehhh slightly amusing. Just look at those replies it’s a no win situation to entertain those losers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs made the wright decision ……… We will look back at this as a major coup! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever it is, DJ is not cut to be the Captain as PATFO hoped he would be. The guy is weak and immature and easily coaxed. I kept on going back to The Big 3 how they were trained to handle the media and just let their game speak for itself. DJ talks too much and invites trouble, not the CIA Pop way to stay under radar. I’m sure all these PATFO considered in decided to part ways. He will never be the leader that PATFO hoped for, and not especially leading very young and impressionable kids.

Lastly I go back to the bench squabble that threw me off DJ. Before that I kept on trying to defend DJ and praise him. After that, he’s that stray dog that will bite you no matter how good you’ve treated him. He was lucky the Spurs drafted him late at the 1st round and developed his game and nurtured him as a person. Had it been the Lakers or Knicks that’s all business, he would be long gone from this league, tbh. Good riddance punk!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody overreacting, imo.

The people that loved him are way too butthurt about this. He wanted to be in SA, wanted to be the face of the franchise and he's probably a little hurt that they didn't value him enough to spend the max. He's always been an emotional dude that likes to use "doubters" as motivation. That's all this is.

You also have the PATFO haters that are like "haha see this proves what I've been saying all along about PATFO". But really, DJ is on record calling Pop the GOAT, believing in the core players, and being a huge proponent of the "Spurs way" as recent as this off-season before the trade rumors emerged. DJ being hurt doesn't prove that this franchise is in shambles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's right lets see how he turns out. Reminds me a bit of DeRozen. We all pretty much knew DeRozen probably wasn't going to sign, but a least he handled it professionally. He moved on to Chicago where his team did do better than we did, but he was basically the same player. Great in season player but come playoff time he tends to fade in crunch time. Nothing new, but he doesn't get booed when he comes to San Antonio. That's called professional respect by the fans.

Murray is the opposite. Lets see how free he is in Atlanta, with Trae Young mostly handling the ball and the shots, plus a few other guys who also want the ball so they look good when its time to make a case for them to get paid which is fairly soon. Murray was the top dog here and it wasn't enough. Good move ? Maybe but it may be a better move for the spurs to move on from a disgruntled player.

Again we'll se how he does in Atlanta or when he comes back to face San Antonio. It will be telling.
    I’ve always praised Demar as a good soldier, just did what he was told and never complained. I remember him pulling DJ back on that bench squabble with Pop, as the man with the wisdom putting sense into this kid. Yes kid is the exact proper way to describe DJ with his temperament and immaturity, and at 25! I feel the Spurs had done so much for DJ, and for any player that donned the Silver and Black, always the organization that took care of its players best interest. So to fire a shot at the Spurs and fans who treated him right and helped him develop as the player he is now? Good riddance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever it is, DJ is not cut to be the Captain as PATFO hoped he would be. The guy is weak and immature and easily coaxed. I kept on going back to The Big 3 how they were trained to handle the media and just let their game speak for itself. DJ talks too much and invites trouble, not the CIA Pop way to stay under radar. I’m sure all these PATFO considered in decided to part ways. He will never be the leader that PATFO hoped for, and not especially leading very young and impressionable kids.

Lastly I go back to the bench squabble that threw me off DJ. Before that I kept on trying to defend DJ and praise him. After that, he’s that stray dog that will bite you no matter how good you’ve treated him. He was lucky the Spurs drafted him late at the 1st round and developed his game and nurtured him as a person. Had it been the Lakers or Knicks that’s all business, he would be long gone from this league, tbh. Good riddance punk!
    Social media has definitely had more of a negative impact on society. Bottom line he’s not worth 3 draft picks. This was a no brainer deal to be made. The Spurs are not in a position to gamble with assets. “You’re not going to sign an extension? Ok how do you feel about Atlanta?”

There’s no right or wrong here with this because when Murray says “fake” I think he means he felt like he was a member of the Spurs family. He really does feel he was misled, used, lied to all these years however you want to put it. He’s not looking at it from the Spurs point of view. It’s easy to say “This is a business” but when you’re directly involved in the business and no longer a part of the Spurs family? “F this family they never really wanted me they just used me. Everything they told me was a lie. They’re fake.”

He’s not trying to understand how much the Spurs risk letting him go to free agency in 2 years. He thinks the Spurs should’ve been more loyal. He’s hurting. No excuses it just is what it is. Maybe he’s right though. Maybe the Spurs were “fake” to him. This was never really his family. You don’t trade family. Families stick together. Doesn’t really matter though because it is “a business”.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s impulsive so it’s hard to know what the he is saying sometimes. I’m curious what he meant by the problems are bigger than basketball, but again, it’s probably just him spouting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how quickly the tables turn. Murray was just praising the Spurs a week ago at Summer League about how well they took care of him and just had his best interest in mind, etc...

Somebody needs to tell these kids to stay off social media, because the only point he is proving is that he is a loose cannon. Getting riled up by a bunch of randos on the internet...

For better or worse, the Spurs pedigree stands well above whatever Murray has to say about the team or front office or whatever...and he should know better.

I wanted to see him succeed in Atlanta, but stuff like this will quickly turn people against him (myself included). Good luck with a perennial playoff loser, kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how quickly the tables turn. Murray was just praising the Spurs a week ago at Summer League about how well they took care of him and just had his best interest in mind, etc...

Somebody needs to tell these kids to stay off social media, because the only point he is proving that he is a loose cannon. For better or worse, the Spurs pedigree stands well above whatever Murray has to say about the team or front office or whatever...and he should know better.

I wanted to see him succeed in Atlanta, but stuff like this will quickly turn people against him (myself included). Good luck with a perennial playoff loser, kid.

we all knew he was a diva,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social media has definitely had more of a negative impact on society. Bottom line he’s not worth 3 draft picks. This was a no brainer deal to be made. The Spurs are not in a position to gamble with assets. “You’re not going to sign an extension? Ok how do you feel about Atlanta?”

There’s no right or wrong here with this because when Murray says “fake” I think he means he felt like he was a member of the Spurs family. He really does feel he was misled, used, lied to all these years however you want to put it. He’s not looking at it from the Spurs point of view. It’s easy to say “This is a business” but when you’re directly involved in the business and no longer a part of the Spurs family? “F this family they never really wanted me they just used me. Everything they told me was a lie. They’re fake.”

He’s not trying to understand how much the Spurs risk letting him go to free agency in 2 years. He thinks the Spurs should’ve been more loyal. He’s hurting. No excuses it just is what it is. Maybe he’s right though. Maybe the Spurs were “fake” to him. This was never really his family. You don’t trade family. Families stick together. Doesn’t really matter though because it is “a business”.
    DJ would realize it more as a business when Trae, as playing offball, fails, and Trae starts handling the ball more and DJ was left to play 3 and D guy who shoots 32% from 3.

I understand what you’re saying. Still his character is not cut to be the Captain of a young impressionable team with his immaturities and twitter-happy fingers. The PATFO knows this and I’m sure considered when they decided to part ways. I don’t buy the, “we’re going to rebuild and we don’t want you to waste your prime years not competing”. There’s some truth to that, but if they had a player like Giannis who they know would someday be “it,” they’ll convince him all they can that this would just be temporary. It’s interesting that Keldon got a better extension than DJ, because Keldon is more the soldier who does not talk back, just goes about his business without drama. So yeah, DJ could read that as he was not “wanted”. Still you keep that to yourself and address the media the amicable way. The Spurs did so much for him. If he believed the things he said about the Spurs before, right now is the best way to show it, saying good things about the organization who helped him develop the player he is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Somebody needs to tell these kids to stay off social media, because the only point he is proving is that he is a loose cannon. Getting riled up by a bunch of randos on the internet...

For better or worse, the Spurs pedigree stands well above whatever Murray has to say about the team or front office or whatever...and he should know better.

This didn’t happen in a vacuum. He’s being badgered by asshole Spurs followers.

Thread Information