Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just very disappointed in the move.
    If DJM was getting greedy and wanted a lot of money in 2 years, I understand the trade. if he was a bad culture fit on the team, I understand. If he simply hated the high temperatures in San Antonio in summer, I understand.
    This is what I don't understand. They didn't get any immediate help. Sorry but Gallo will probably be waived after guaranteeing his salary. The draft picks won't come for at least a year, so basically we got nothing to help us this year thus embracing the immediate tank. It feels like we just joined the perennial losers club like Sacramento, getting decent draft picks but then trading the talent you do have away and still losing. They lose because of bad front office decisions, bad trades and bad coaching. Looks like we now have two out of three.

At this point I understand the trade was probably necessary, we get what we can for a player that really didn't want to be here and wouldn't be worth the price he would be asking for. I just wish we would have gotten something that wouldn't take us several steps backwards. With immediate help you know what you are getting, with picks, especially so so picks you just don't. That steady forward direction is what has kept the spurs relevant for so many years. With yesterdays trade that got thrown out the window. Like I said I am rather disappointed, but who knows maybe they have something up their sleeves to somehow salvage this season, but right now it doesn't look good.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte: has your opinion of him changed somewhat recently? If I remember correctly last week I was wondering about the trade rumors in a vague culture fit way and I thought you defended DJM and how he reaches out to other players as a defense of him.

Big picture: I liked him as a player in the end despite some cringe moments.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those players you listed were pretty much except for Kawhi. We all know what kind of clown show he is. Leonard and Gasol are the only ones who ever won a ring. Derozan? We saw firsthand what kind of empty stats he put up.
    Doesn't matter what type of player they are. What matters is that we are starting to see a trend of veteran nba players pretty consistently tell the spurs pay me what i want or trade me, or give me the starting job i want or trade me. There is no middle ground, there is no compromise, its the player getting exactly what they want or the player leaving. That's a very bad spot to be in. If you are Keldon or Devin or Tre, what's to stop you from saying "pay me this or i'll just leave"? "Promise me these minutes or I'll just leave?" Cause you have seen damn near everyone who is not a rookie deal or just do it.

Every interaction can't be an ultimatum. goes old real quick.

Kawhi went on to win a ring. Demar was a fringe mvp candidate and got most of the credit for turning the bulls around. LMA went to ring chase. Thad Young went to play for a playoff team. Derrick White was in the finals. So not only do these players give the spurs an ultimatum, when they leave they damn near instantly have more success somewhere else. If you Devin or Keldon and you saw Derozan go from not even making an all star appearance in a spurs jersey to being a fringe mvp candidate the first year he left, why the would you stay in san antonio?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I 100% believe you all overanalyze social media posts from these dudes which leads y'all to develop really strange narratives about Dejounte. Give me a credible source on something and we'll see but y'all trying to figure out what some dude in his early 20s is tweeting about is pretty ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte: has your opinion of him changed somewhat recently? If I remember correctly last week I was wondering about the trade rumors in a vague culture fit way and I thought you defended DJM and how he reaches out to other players as a defense of him.

Big picture: I liked him as a player in the end despite some cringe moments.
    Last week I pointed out DJ reaching out to the rooks as what I had in my mind proof against him being traded. Logic was telling me he wouldn’t make the effort to do that if something was happening. Turned out the hunch was wrong. It wasn’t about character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I 100% believe you all overanalyze social media posts from these dudes which leads y'all to develop really strange narratives about Dejounte. Give me a credible source on something and we'll see but y'all trying to figure out what some dude in his early 20s is tweeting about is pretty ridiculous.
    Youre acting as if there was something to figure out in the first place. The examples I laid out weren’t cryptic. It said what it said. There’s not a narrative to develop— the narrative is there. I can’t help it if this concept is hard to explain to boomers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Psssssh.

PATFO were not a culture fit for DJ.

Hope he smokes in the playoffs for ATL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In life, business decisions are usually about money and then later rationalized as issues about culture or personality or character. The Spurs definitely care about character, so they’re atypical in a sense. In the end it probably wasn’t one thing but many things.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still haven’t seen folks make good arguments about DJ’s toxic posting as a leader of a team

are people really telling me they wouldn’t feel uncomfortable if they had a coworker they follow on IG saying, “cant trust these hos at work. They trying to take my place”? Yeah, he comes up to you and shakes your hand the next day. Are you telling me everyone you work with is genuine like that? And DJ’s other posts saying, “they smiling in my face everyday but i know they’re fake as ”? These posts aren’t the least bit concerning if this was supposed to be your coworker or team lead? Love DJ and all but goddamn, man.
    Well if are not doing the things he is talking about then why would you even think he was talking about you? If I was his teammate none of the stuff he said would offend me cause it doesn't apply to me. In these situations the only people who get offended by it are the people who know what he says is true. It's like if you call an honest person a liar they tend to brush it off cause they know it isn't true. But if you call a liar a liar then they get all offended because they know it's true. I don't see how Dejounte typing "people fake as " bothers anyone who isn't fake as .

It's beyond the pale to me that grown ass men can look at a player who grinded his way into an all star from the 29th pick, set behind veterans for his entire career, have every ing player who has come here since he been here talk about how he is the first one to great them and show them the ropes, but all of that gets disregarded cause he didn't take primo under his wing and he posted some on instagram.

People talking about Tim and Tony and Manu leadership....get the out of here

You talking about the same Tim Duncan who openly admitted to never talking to Tony when he got here? What kind of leadership is that

You talking about the same Tony Timmy and Manu who said when the Spurs traded Kawhi for George they openly asked Pop what the he was doing and never talked to Kawhi? You call that ing leadership . Openly saying you never talked to a rookie player on two separate occasions is good leadership

How do we know any of the players on our team is even reading DJ social media stuff? Do we even know if the spurs players follow DJ or whatever it's called?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree. he did the best of hiding it and always knew he was a me guy. glad spurs jumped on it at his peak and didnt look back.
    You are both dumbasses incapable of reading or interpreting news/data but I will let you try and figure out why I hold this opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or more specifically, they are worried about public image. For a long time it seemed like half of the front office and ownership were alcoholics with DWI charges. So there’s a hypocrisy there from afar. But overall, I understand the hesitancy in a million dollar business to get in bed with weird unpredictable people like Kawhi. And they were obviously spoiled in having high character Hall of Fame players with David Robinson and Tim Duncan. That’s not gonna happen again. So yeah, if they pursue character too far then we definitely could be a mediocre team. If we only chase exciting players short term, then we can be mediocre also and end up like the Dallas Mavericks, so to speak, though obviously Luka keeps them afloat.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t help it if this concept is hard to explain to boomers.
    pretty sure Manny is Gen X aka the best generation

bruh you need to get off DJM's ... he's gone now

imo it was a win-win trade for SAS and DJM. big gamble for ATL might work, might not

i wish DJM well but can't stand trae

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In life, business decisions are usually about money and then later rationalized as issues about culture or personality or character. The Spurs definitely care about character, so they’re atypical in a sense. In the end it probably wasn’t one thing but many things.
    The spurs are not owned by a gazillionaire lie Mark Cuban or Steve Ballmer so seeing the spurs and how they operate, it was probably about the money. If you're a generational talent or all star level talent, yeah the spurs will fork over the money and let the chips fly where they may. Murray was a good player but he wasn't a generational talent, an all star but just barely. In the end did the thing they needed to do. Now the next major move in rebuilding this team is up to the front office . Hopefully they can make some decent moves sooner rather than later. It will keep a lot more fans that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, but in this case I'd say the talent-to-money ratio replaces the single issue of money by itself. If DJ had the impact stats of Giannis, Curry, or even Butler, he'd still be on the team, even if he'd recently posted pics of his new conversion to an outlaw cult and his simultaneous marriages to Kim Kardashian, Cardi B,
    Bhad Bhabie, and Lil Nas X.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre acting as if there was something to figure out in the first place. The examples I laid out weren’t cryptic. It said what it said. There’s not a narrative to develop— the narrative is there. I can’t help it if this concept is hard to explain to boomers.
    You have no idea who or what he's talking about in the example you used and you read into it like an insecure teen who can figure out if the girl he likes is vaguebooking about him and that makes ME the boomer? Hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty sure Manny is Gen X aka the best generation

bruh you need to get off DJM's ... he's gone now

imo it was a win-win trade for SAS and DJM. big gamble for ATL might work, might not

i wish DJM well but can't stand trae
    I'm actually right on the edge of millennials.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh Spurs didn't want to pay Dejounte a max contract in 2024 so traded him. He was nothing but professional here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have no idea who or what he's talking about in the example you used and you read into it like an insecure teen who can figure out if the girl he likes is vaguebooking about him and that makes ME the boomer? Hilarious.
    The point went over your head

it doesnt matter who it was about. Put yourself in the shoes of his teammates as if they were reading that.

and your correlation is whack. I’m not sure you know what you’re typing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume his teammates aren't sitting there wondering if every DJM social media post is about them because who the does that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume his teammates aren't sitting there wondering if every DJM social media post is about them because who the does that?
    and this is the part where you’re ing out of touch and don’t know what 20 year olds do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this was not a character issue, it was a money & basketball issue. Get over it and stop making up. DJ also never said he won't resign, he simply didn't want to accept a lowball extension which was the right thing to do. No NBA player would do that after coming off an All-Star season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and this is the part where you’re ing out of touch and don’t know what 20 year olds do
    You're confusing insecure people and 20 year olds but sure man. All 20 year olds are running around assuming everything is a subtweet aimed at them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this was not a character issue, it was a money & basketball issue. Get over it and stop making up. DJ also never said he won't resign, he simply didn't want to accept a lowball extension which was the right thing to do. No NBA player would do that after coming off an All-Star season
    Truth. He'd probably still be a spur and considering an extension if he wasn't an all-star replacement last year. Who knows, he probably would have refused the extension either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're confusing insecure people and 20 year olds but sure man. All 20 year olds are running around assuming everything is a subtweet aimed at them.
    No confusion here. I hoop with random 20 year olds all the time at the gym and assuming all of them are just insecure is lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are both dumbasses incapable of reading or interpreting news/data but I will let you try and figure out why I hold this opinion.
    You're the dumbass if you think PATFO are out of touch with what a malcontent and primadonna looks like. They've got plenty of history to learn from. This move wasn't about social media or posting on Instagram or being out of touch with a younger generation. It's about not being able to shoot threes, its about being immature and not a good floor general. Thanks to all the hype DJM's agency put out there for him, he was able to sneak in to the All Star game. Good for him. He's a great rebounder for being a guard but he falls short in way more important skill departments.

He earned his minutes, showed improvement from the time he got here but was more bark than bite. He's not leading anyone or any team to a championship. He's a role player and that's it, much like the majority of players on this crappy ass roster. As for Pop, his biggest flaw is his stubborness and ego. He rode Tim's coattails to an eventual HOF but at least he admitted it. The best thing he did was develop a culture of accountability. That's about it.

Thread Information