Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth. He'd probably still be a spur and considering an extension if he wasn't an all-star replacement last year. Who knows, he probably would have refused the extension either way.
    of course he would, the guy averaged close to a triple double last season. It's not a fair contract. Now while I assume he will improve further, Atlanta might be able to resign him cheaper because he will get less touches on the Hawks as a complimentary player, so his number will most likely dip, but he will still make more money once he enters FA in 2024 than what the Spurs could offer (due to the rules of the limited salary amount they can offer in the extension)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No confusion here. I hoop with random 20 year olds all the time at the gym and assuming all of them are just insecure is lol.
    Up until recently I taught college students my dude. Hooping with them doesn't magically make you more in touch or your assumptions any less of an assumption. This is seriously the flimsiest ever. You hope with 20 year olds so you surmised that primo was mad at Dejounte for a tweet so the Spurs traded him? Come on dude you are way better than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray looked better on paper/offensive scoring because he was our first option and we really had no one else. And he still wasn't the outside shooter he needed to be as a #1. I doubt his scoring will be as prolific on his new team, so his value may be more in the area of a two way player with an emphasis on defense. But that will be Atlanta's problem.

He gave us what he had in his skill-set, and to be clear, I called him out on a couple of bad skills (shooting mechanics, ball-handling mechanics) when he arrived and he worked hard to fix them. You can't ask for more of a player than that he works hard to be successful and doesn't rock the boat with personal or at ude problems. Grade A.

I suspect he enjoyed his time here as the leader of the team. Let's hope he is happy there and becomes overpaid for the rest of his career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the dumbass if you think PATFO are out of touch with what a malcontent and primadonna looks like. They've got plenty of history to learn from. This move wasn't about social media or posting on Instagram or being out of touch with a younger generation. It's about not being able to shoot threes, its about being immature and not a good floor general. Thanks to all the hype DJM's agency put out there for him, he was able to sneak in to the All Star game. Good for him. He's a great rebounder for being a guard but he falls short in way more important skill departments.

He earned his minutes, showed improvement from the time he got here but was more bark than bite. He's not leading anyone or any team to a championship. He's a role player and that's it, much like the majority of players on this crappy ass roster. As for Pop, his biggest flaw is his stubborness and ego. He rode Tim's coattails to an eventual HOF but at least he admitted it. The best thing he did was develop a culture of accountability. That's about it.
    Yep, for me Djs problem wasn't leadership, relationships etc. It was his flaws as a lead guard. And you can live with lack of range or finishing ability or vision or whatever. But having your main ballhandler make poor decisions down the stretch is a recipe for underachievement (much like DeRozan ironically enough)

I admit I watched barely 20% of the last two seasons, so maybe im totally wrong. But when I did I saw a guy who routinely coughed games up down the stretch with bad shot selection, bad time management, bad gambles or slow decisions. Game threads seemed to support that impression

I think dj is lovable, he certainly cares and works .. but the rebounds and defense don't make up for the poor closing ability, that's too big of a flaw for a max player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole site is functioning like it’s Windows ‘98 right now tbh.
    Windows ME! lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I read all of DJs nonsense he post I don't immediately think he's referring to one of his teammates. I just think it's one of his homies from back home, family members or a companion and I don't think any of the players ever thought DJ was ever referring to them. There's no proof on the court of DJ ever having a problem with any of his teammates, they all loved him and looked up to him it seemed like.

He's just an emotional guy and wears his heart on his sleeve, but he has always backed his play up on the court and was accountable and a great teammate. I think trading him because of a culture fit is farfetched, I certainly don't think PATFO is snooping on a 25 year olds social media. I have never heard a bad word about his character or any legal troubles since he has been drafted. This is more about a mutual decision that was beneficial for both parties and DJ handled it like a professional.

If the Spurs have that culture mindset and trying to find leaders like Manu and Timmy they're going to be waiting a very long time because this is a completely new generation from those guys and the Spurs need to adapt to that. Not saying draft a bunch of assholes but social media is bigger than it's ever been and this generation lives on it and expresses themselves through it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for all you idiots making up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^none of this remotely relates to anything I have said so not sure who you are addressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for all you idiots making up

Anyone with 1/4 a brain and access to GOOGLE should have known this. Crazy how stupid ppl are in an era where information is free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^none of this remotely relates to anything I have said so not sure who you are addressing.
    I think he was just putting it in one of 20 DJ trade threads as atleast 20 ST idiots read Fatboy Windy’s initial trolling regarding Klutch, DJ and unwillingness to sign an extension and creamed their pants to justify this dog trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only culture Dejounte didn't fit was the youth culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he wasn't a culture fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he wasn't a culture fit

Read the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously did. Basically a bunch of made up non-sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs are not owned by a gazillionaire lie Mark Cuban or Steve Ballmer so seeing the spurs and how they operate, it was probably about the money. If you're a generational talent or all star level talent, yeah the spurs will fork over the money and let the chips fly where they may. Murray was a good player but he wasn't a generational talent, an all star but just barely. In the end did the thing they needed to do. Now the next major move in rebuilding this team is up to the front office . Hopefully they can make some decent moves sooner rather than later. It will keep a lot more fans that way.
    Agree mostly. This was primarily a business decision. DJM was at his most valuable point and the rest of the team didn’t match up to that level where they would be compe ive, so it made sense to move him.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I think that Brian Wright and the rest of the back office decided that Murray was going to be peaking about 2024-abour 2028 and would be wanting if not a max deal a near max deal. They also felt that having the next two years with the spurs being first and second round losers without much payroll or draft stock to get better and not having the financial wherewithal to make major improvements was going to be bad. So they traded Murray fora lot of draft stock while having no serious issues. This likely puts the spurs into the serious odds for the top spot while still "trying to win on the floor", and develop Primo, Vassel, and Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fk Sours culture. It's gotten rediculous. There is a reason literally no one with any success wants to play here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, for me Djs problem wasn't leadership, relationships etc. It was his flaws as a lead guard. And you can live with lack of range or finishing ability or vision or whatever. But having your main ballhandler make poor decisions down the stretch is a recipe for underachievement (much like DeRozan ironically enough)

I admit I watched barely 20% of the last two seasons, so maybe im totally wrong. But when I did I saw a guy who routinely coughed games up down the stretch with bad shot selection, bad time management, bad gambles or slow decisions. Game threads seemed to support that impression

I think dj is lovable, he certainly cares and works .. but the rebounds and defense don't make up for the poor closing ability, that's too big of a flaw for a max player
    This is like the most spurstalk post ever

DJ got traded cause he had all these flaws but I don't really even know cause I don't even really watch the games but when I do watch the games it's the guy who makes the biggest impact on us winning games not playing enough but he is 25 and can't make every single shot in the 4th quarter and that's not good enough but again I don't really even watch the games so I could be wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like the most spurstalk post ever

DJ got traded cause he had all these flaws but I don't really even know cause I don't even really watch the games but when I do watch the games it's the guy who makes the biggest impact on us winning games not playing enough but he is 25 and can't make every single shot in the 4th quarter and that's not good enough but again I don't really even watch the games so I could be wrong
    I’ll add:

”Oh and correct me if I’m wrong he wanted to get paid market value which is not very Spursy. Here in San Antonio we take money off the table in the name of the greater good because we are a storied franchise of winners”

Meanwhile DJ just wanted to fking win and all the wine drunk grandpa Pop stories, colloquies, inspirational quotes imaginable will not make that happen without some cultural change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Brian Windbag, Dejounte let the team know through Kunt Sports Management that he would not return to the Spurs when his contract was up. That works for me. He had a good season, inflated his value way above what he's worth and the Spurs got a good return. Never was a fan of this kid or his self-promoting bull on Instagram but he put in the work and the Spurs will be better for taking a chance on him. He's not a game changer and the Hawks are going to find out what we already know. He talks like an Alpha, acts like an Alpha, but he's doesn't play like one. ZF Given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's actually not what Windhorst reported

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets see how much of an "all star" he is in Atlanta next season. ATL has more talent than we do so that may not happen again. If that's the case then we got good value for him. If he blows up and becomes a major all star then he will demand a very very large pay increase. That's now Atlanta's problem. Spurs may have dodged a big financial bullet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought DJM was a very good, but not great player. One issue I had was one of his “strengths”, supposedly, being his high rebounding numbers. The most effective transition offense teams usually have their point guard receiving an outlet pass from the rebounding player, allowing to PG to survey the floor quickly and usually initiate the transition scoring opportunity with one quick pass to the cutting or posting up player before the defense gets set up. Meanwhile, DJM is still dribbling up the court after securing the rebound, many times taking it away from one of our bigs. Never made sense to me, but that how he got his triple doubles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's actually not what Windhorst reported
    However, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported that the Spurs decided to part ways with Murray because it was inevitable that they’d lose the 25-year-old. “He and his agent, Rich Paul, made it known that he was not going to extend his contract with the Spurs this summer,” Windhorst said on The Hoop Collective podcast.
    Source: Doric Sam @ Bleacher Report.

"Moments after the trade was announced, Windhorst reported that the Spurs decided to close the deal with Atlanta because Murray was not going to sign an extension before his contract was up.

He and his agent, Rich Paul, made it known he was not going to extend his contract with the Spurs this summer," Windhorst said."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported that the Spurs decided to part ways with Murray because it was inevitable that they’d lose the 25-year-old. “He and his agent, Rich Paul, made it known that he was not going to extend his contract with the Spurs this summer,” Windhorst said on The Hoop Collective podcast.
    Source: Doric Sam @ Bleacher Report.

"Moments after the trade was announced, Windhorst reported that the Spurs decided to close the deal with Atlanta because Murray was not going to sign an extension before his contract was up.

He and his agent, Rich Paul, made it known he was not going to extend his contract with the Spurs this summer," Windhorst said."
    exactly. Maybe you should learn how to read since you still haven't found the mistake

Thread Information