Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was thinking back to last summer when the Spurs apparently made an offer to the 76ers for Simmons with Murray being the key piece...

Maybe this was a concern back then
    Philly wanted him. Spurs wouldn’t give.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly wanted him. Spurs wouldn’t give.
    In retrospect, would you have traded for Simmons? I mean I don’t know the state of Simmons mind, but once he puts it together, Simmons is a potential tier 1 that DJ could only dream of becoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect, would you have traded for Simmons? I mean I don’t know the state of Simmons mind, but once he puts it together, Simmons is a potential tier 1 that DJ could only dream of becoming.
    I don’t think he’s s a tier 1, maybe a 1A or a 2. It would have helped our pick, though, since his back/disc issues prevented him from playing at all this season.

All in all, I’m happy with the haul we got for DJ, and our picks this summer. Sochan could turn out to be a slightly smaller, much less dramatic version of Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ going to magic city is really nothing to sweat….. between dope boys , athletes and regular 9 to 5 a lot of these dudes partake in this type behavior. And trust me, him showing some dough on Instagram don’t heighten is chance of being robbed out here……these young boys rob everyone! Dumb in my opinion but not abnormal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he’s s a tier 1, maybe a 1A or a 2. It would have helped our pick, though, since his back/disc issues prevented him from playing at all this season.

All in all, I’m happy with the haul we got for DJ, and our picks this summer. Sochan could turn out to be a slightly smaller, much less dramatic version of Simmons.
    Is Simmons out the whole of next season? Also, when you say Sochan is slightly smaller, I didn't know Simmons is bigger. I'll have to look up their heights, or did you mean body/weight wise Simmons is bigger?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Simmons out the whole of next season? Also, when you say Sochan is slightly smaller, I didn't know Simmons is bigger. I'll have to look up their heights, or did you mean body/weight wise Simmons is bigger?
    Sochan listed at 6’9”, and Simmons at 6’11”. I think Simmons will be good to go by training camp. It just took forever to diagnose his bulging disc. It’s a relatively minor procedure that brings massive amounts of pain relief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have access to google?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... I think Simmons will be good to go by training camp. It just took forever to diagnose his bulging disc. It’s a relatively minor procedure that brings massive amounts of pain relief.

Absolute nonsense. Where’d you come up with that? Disc problems are quick and easy to diagnose these days. There’s no chance that what you wrote is true.

Simmons didn’t play because he refused to play for Philly anymore, and it took Morey a long time to get the only trade he ever wanted, which was Harden.

Simmons claimed he had stayed in shape, but it was a fib, obviously. When he started practicing with the Nets he didn’t have the muscle tone to hold his spine in alignment, and excessive spinal curvature caused the disc to protrude. And they diagnosed it immediately, especially since he has some history of back trouble.

The slipped disc happened because he was too flabby when he started putting heavy strain on his back again.

The surgery he had is a treatment, not a cure. To avoid a recurrence he’ll need to maintain adequate muscle tone to keep his spine in alignment, like doing a couple hundred sit-ups and/or leg lifts every day. If he does that he could be ok. If he spends hours slouched in a chair playing video games he’ll have back trouble again.

I hope the Spurs never really wanted him. And never do want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is FREE per his latest tweet. Crazy literally nobody wants to fking be here.

Time for a culture change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is FREE per his latest tweet. Crazy literally nobody wants to fking be here.

Keldon just signed an extension - so clearly you’re wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They haven't appealed to the vast majority of inner city types from the Robinson era on.

By continuing to maintain this archaic, militaristic "culture", it becomes even more paramount than it would be for any other non glamor market for their next star(s) to be foreign. No guarantees obviously, but a much better chance of them not feeling like an outsider.

Keldon just signed an extension - so clearly you’re wrong.
    Of course, he hadn't "gotten paid" yet, so naturally he was going to prioritize that at this point in time. He also has a likely brief window where he gets to play a role that he wouldn't anywhere else.

If he had his druthers, he probably doesn't want to be here either (I'd already throw Wesley in too).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to sign us some Kyrie Irvings and Ben Simmonses.
    Culture change!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that senile old drunk gonna put up with that culture change?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to sign us some Kyrie Irvings and Ben Simmonses.
    Culture change!
    Says the old man who tells on ppl while staying at a 29.99 motel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't appealed to the vast majority of inner city types from the Robinson era on.

By continuing to maintain this archaic, militaristic "culture", it becomes even more paramount than it would be for any other non glamor market for their next star(s) to be foreign. No guarantees obviously, but a much better chance of them not feeling like an outsider.

Of course, he hadn't "gotten paid" yet, so naturally he was going to prioritize that at this point in time. He also has a likely brief window where he gets to play a role that he wouldn't anywhere else.

If he had his druthers, he probably doesn't want to be here either (I'd already throw Wesley in too).
    Seriously man. Why is it so hard for Spurs fans to understand. This isn’t the old days of guys railing lines and fcking hoes an hour before practice but let these guys breathe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Simmons isn’t a tier 1, or even a tier 2. Players who can’t play in the final few minutes can’t be considered stars. DJ > Ben, and Philly wanted multiple picks to go with DJ. Many of accurately pointed out at the time tha DJ was worth more than Ben

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved DJM, but let’s face it - dude is a drama queen. I doubt Pop was stopping him from living whatever lifestyle he wanted, since he posted pics on private jets and LV bags full of cash on his IG. “Being free” is just more DJ drama.

DJ and Pop were a good match for the time it lasted. DJ prob isn’t in the league anymore if he gets drafted to LA, MIA or NY. Pop’s style is exactly what DJ needed entering the league, and DJ would prob even admit that. But wgaf if he goes to a strip club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not old! Lol.
    And yeah. I was freaking tired!
    If I'm not getting it on, I don't want to hear others doing so while I'm trying to sleep!

You can can cuck it out.
    Have at it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I guess you don't go to LA.
    Those rooms are not 29.99.
    Not then, not now.
    Lol.
    Now getcha ass somewhere you know what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved DJM, but let’s face it - dude is a drama queen. I doubt Pop was stopping him from living whatever lifestyle he wanted, since he posted pics on private jets and LV bags full of cash on his IG. “Being free” is just more DJ drama.

DJ and Pop were a good match for the time it lasted. DJ prob isn’t in the league anymore if he gets drafted to LA, MIA or NY. Pop’s style is exactly what DJ needed entering the league, and DJ would prob even admit that. But wgaf if he goes to a strip club.
    Preach. DJ and Pop both prospered and DJ mighta been outta the league without him but still we can’t just be a system where guys wanna get the fk outta dodge once they make it and DJ is a loyal dude so how many times are we going to repeat this process. PATFO need to tweak their culture if they want to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah for sure… will be interesting what kind of culture Pop’s successor brings. And if Pop steps away from the team altogether when he stops coaching or if he keeps the President le and maintains a FO role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone please help me with this, if it is presumed the the spurs do not know what they’re doing, why do some expect so much from them? Total foolishness!������ The fact that most of you truly don’t know how remarkable this ride has been over the last 25 yrs is baffling; ANY franchise & fanbase would change positions with usin a snap of a finger. Quit being little whiney boys ing. That’s all and btw Spurs/Primo will be fine
    Inane take - bottom line the Spurs front office has been beyond dismal for at least 7 years. They got nothing for the best talent they had, dumped other talent, make questionable draft choices and now got rid of their only star for a series of what will be high draft picks and more mediocre talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inane take - bottom line the Spurs front office has been beyond dismal for at least 7 years. They got nothing for the best talent they had, dumped other talent, make questionable draft choices and now got rid of their only star for a series of what will be high draft picks and more mediocre talent.
    Is it though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from Primo, what we the questionable draft choices? Spurs still rank very high as a top drafting team, and frankly it is too early to tell on Primo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inane take - bottom line the Spurs front office has .been beyond dismal for at least 7 years. They got nothing for the best talent they had, dumped other talent, make questionable draft choices and now got rid of their only star for a series of what will be high draft picks and more mediocre talent.
    The Spurs were in the WCF up 20 in 2017 before the Zaza incident. Now granted ,they hung on to Aldridge too long after that and Kawhi sabotaged his value , but there is still a pick coming in on DeRozan and a probable pick for moving Poeltl. Could things have been done different , sure but there were some extenuating cir stances. But after hanging on trying to compete they have changed course and appear to be maximizing opportunities for a rebuild. There are several years to be questioned but 7 years does not fit that criticism.

Thread Information