Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i knew it ended horribly. not sure who to believe. kidd had plead no contest to domestic battery charges years before and he has a history. then again, his wife was pretty kooky. she has had moderate success with her "acting" career though.
    Nothing says it has to be one or the other. They may both be horrible.

I've always considered it a bullet dodged that he didn't sign here, both because he underbussed people all through his career, and we likely wouldn't have been able to keep Manu and Tony with him on the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing says it has to be one or the other. They may both be horrible.

I've always considered it a bullet dodged that he didn't sign here, both because he underbussed people all through his career, and we likely wouldn't have been able to keep Manu and Tony with him on the roster.
    They were gonna trade tony for him so yeah keeping both was never plan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought Lavine was signing here. Got that super tease JKidd vibe right off the bat.

Yeah, I thought the same. But it is satisfying to hear Kidd in later interviews admit he made a mistake by not joining the Spurs. The three guard rotation of Manu/Kidd/Parker would've been incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There would have been no reason to do that. We had the cap room to sign Kidd outright. I can see them trading Tony afterwards for assets, buy why give him away for essentially nothing?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are revising history. There was no plan to trade Tony. Kidd was signing as a free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah man, that offseason. I always wanted to Jermaine O'Neal over Kidd.

Parker
    Manu
    Bowen
    Duncan
    J.O'Neal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are revising history. There was no plan to trade Tony. Kidd was signing as a free agent.
    It was after the 2011 season they were trying to trade Parker for Jason Thompson & the 7th pick from the Kings IIRC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you are correct
    There was some gripping over how Tony and Kidd would be able to play together

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker
    Manu
    Bowen
    Duncan
    J.O'Neal

Yeah, now I remember. I wanted Jermaine O'neal too. I didn't want Kidd cause I thought Tony would be good enough and Jermaine would have been another twin towers with TD and himself. I don't think the Spurs seriously went after him, though. Not sure if that's because he told them he's staying in Indiana or if they wanted Kidd more. Either player IMO would have been great on the Spurs. TP wanted to be the PG, though, but I believe if they played together since they're all unselfish, it would have worked between Kidd, Tony and Manu. I think we ended up with Rasho instead, which sucked . They guy was a good person and solid player, but going from J Kidd or J O'neal to Rasho was a big letdown that offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker
    Manu
    Bowen
    Duncan
    J.O'Neal

Jermaine wanted to come here, but he was loyal to Isaiah Thomas as his coach in Indy. Bird assured him that Thomas would be retained. JO re-signed with the Pacers, and Thomas was fired before the season started.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was after the 2011 season they were trying to trade Parker for Jason Thompson & the 7th pick from the Kings IIRC
    Don't know about that. I was talking about the Kidd signing which was 2003. Trading Parker was not part of the Kidd workings. You are pulling something up eight years later which I also doubt.
    Last edited by rogcl1; 08-12-2022 at 12:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker actually spoiled the whole thing on a French radio show by telling them his trade rumors were a smokescreen. The plan was to trade Hill for Leonard all along. The Valanciunas talk wasn't real.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm referring to every year kidd wasn't a free agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker actually spoiled the whole thing on a French radio show by telling them his trade rumors were a smokescreen. The plan was to trade Hill for Leonard all along. The Valanciunas talk wasn't real.
    It seemed they got extremely lucky with him being on the board at 15, despite his offensive limitations in college. A player with those physical tools, even in 2011, would normally be gone in top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know about that. I was talking about the Kidd signing which was 2003. Trading Parker was not part of the Kidd workings. You are pulling something up eight years later which I also doubt.
    I'm referring to how the person you quoted confused the two separate events.
    https://www.espn.com.au/nba/draft201...ory?id=6689841

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off topic, but wondering what your upside of Keldon looks like? I'm fairly low on his defense (lateral movement, getting around screens etc), but his offense seems to be sky high (Euro floater & elite 3 point shooting added last season). Sorry if you've posted a million times, I'm not on here much anymore
    I’m not high on him as a perimeter-focused defender either but if I believe a player’s offense can grow over time, I’ll keep an open mind that defense can grow too.

The only way another dimension is added to his offense is if his dribbling skills have improved over the offseason.

I’d say the more realistic expectation is that he’s able to take hesitation moves into a pull up J now rather than relying on points purely from a catch and shoot position.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF happen between his entire tenure in SA and the offseason got traded? truly surprising

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks vs Magic opening night.

DJ vs Paulo.

must see tv LOL

I’m laughing but at the same time man we fell off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He WAS a ing gang member. His granny ran a crew. He’s admitted it in interviews. It’s why he was still there at #29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray top 5 Spur PG of all time. Crazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to imagine it's worse than the 405 on the westside of LA. When I first got to LA a friend suggested going to an Angels game so we left at 4:30 to get there early. About a 40 mile drive from UCLA but didn't even get to the stadium to park until the middle of the first inning after a 7:30 start. And all the traffic was the highways, was smooth sailing into the stadium by the time I got to Anaheim since the game had already started.
    La is awful. For sure. What was supposed to be a weed run (pre legalization) from Beverly hills to malibu took a whole day. Just stuck in Malibu for hours barely moving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker
    Manu
    Bowen
    Duncan
    J.O'Neal

same. thought Jermaine would have been especially goodwith that team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La is awful. For sure. What was supposed to be a weed run (pre legalization) from Beverly hills to malibu took a whole day. Just stuck in Malibu for hours barely moving.
    Time dilation is a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LBJ, Dejounte, Tatum, Chet and Paulo playing at the crawsover today…

Thread Information