My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debate will go on and on about how if Gallinari was worth building a team around. We will not know for certain until maybe half a decade later. Fact is: the Spurs didn’t believe it. I don’t think we have to look at his individual performance and assess whether or not he could have elevated his game more or if it was possible for the team to raise its ceiling while paying him a max contract. I think the answer is simpler than that. With the Spurs, it has always been about culture. I’ve been on record saying DG was a ticking time bomb. Even during when I supported his rise, I held the same belief. It’s known he’s had a rough childhood, and that has led him to have trust issues as an adult and random outbursts on social media or at times on the court. These are not things I held against him. He is human, after all, and we all go through . The problem is when it affects his ability to lead. Those trust issues? -Crept into not seeking mentorship more from the Big Three. If anyone noticed, DG and McDermott have this weird relationship where they only acknowledge each other when they have to. -He did not truly take Trey under his wing. I paid attention to these two throughout last season, and while there are some photos of Gallinari talking to Trey on the floor, he would post a cryptic message the next day about how people “need to stay in their lane”. -Speaking of those cryptic messages— imagine if the leader of the team was constantly posting about the people who are “real” to him and everyone else is fake. That is toxic as . Gallinari was always insecure, and maybe that motivated him big time to become a star but it’s a serious character flaw. I always thought Gallinari would grow out of it eventually as the years go by and that he would retire as a Spur. I thought that by the end of his career, he would be grateful about how the Spurs molded him into a great person. I think the Spurs still did end up doing that. He forgave his father recently and that was no small thing. Forgiving someone who hurt you is probably one of the most mature and most difficult thing one can do. And Gallinari did that. I’m proud of him. The Spurs made a decision today. A decision that was probably brewing for awhile. The team now has players who seemingly have no troubled past. I think trading Gallinari allows someone else more equipped to take the leadership role. Someone else who will be more inclusive and accepts people for who they are. Everyone knows we need it. I’m excited to find out who that will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never passed the maturity test on Instagram tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only did he not reach out to Primo, I don’t think he reached out to any of our teammates before he left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total d-bag and would not get us over the top

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish OP had formatted this better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this OP’s thread better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also heard that the Spurs moved Juancho Hernangomez because he was filming this movie with Adam Sandler. The Spurs didn‘t like that. They want players to focus on basketball and therefore traded him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we do a Poeltl one next? Just search and replace?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think Keldon will be next because he screams when he dunks. Pop doesn‘t put up with that kind of stuff. He wants players to be quiet and screaming when you make a big play is a sign that you are not getting over yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we do a Poeltl one next? Just search and replace?
    Let her rip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't wait for his tribute video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha wozers!!! The camaraderie / talking on this site right now is unparalleled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ and I’m here for it… all in good fun ladies and gents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw that Gallinari deleted all his Spurs photos from his IG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I want Pop and B Wright to delete all Spurs photos from their FaceBook / MySpace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw that Gallinari deleted all his Spurs photos from his IG
    What a diva.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way OP, this is an A+++ troll. Down to the holy mother of wall text recreation. Well played.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what you guys don't understand about this? Imagine if the leader of your team was posting cryptic in italian on his IG? How would that make you feel?

Gallo got traded to the spurs and in the 24 hours he was on this team he never once made an attempt to take Josh Primo under his wing? Why don't you guys understand this?

He's not a franchise or max player so we can't take the chance of having to pay him more than whataburger and churros 2 years from now. The smart thing to do was to was to pay him 10 million dollars to just go play somewhere else. You guys can't see PAFTO vision but it will be revealed soon, you just got to keep your 3rd eye gaped.

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the smell of fresh SpursTalk pasta in the morning

Thread Information