Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair he stopped doing that toward the end of the season but yeah it seemed for a while he was stepping outa bounds once every other game.
    I don't remember who they were talking about, but Bill and Sean even had "he pulled a Lonnie" as a saying a couple of games this season when another player stepped out of bounds. But you're right, I also noticed that LWIV stopped doing that towards the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lacked athleticism he gives us some.
    I think we could have used the 6.5 on a better player, but he a Rich Paul client so like THT and KCP we gotta overpay
    In Rich we trust so not sure why people trip on Pelinka Jeannie or the Rambii … no one wants to call a spade a spade we are run by KLUTCH for better (bubble champs) or worse two playoffs missed with Bron
    I really had high hopes for Lonnie. I still believed in him for a long time, but by the end of last season, that was the first time that I wavered and wasn't sure I wanted him back. I thought with Demar being gone last season, I really thought that Lonnie could get extra court time and be a lot more consistent as he played great the year before in games Demar missed with Lonnie getting consistent court time in those games. However, even without Demar, it didn't seem like he could put it all together with any kind of consistency.

Every year I wanted the Spurs to give him more time as I thought he had a lot of potential, but was just lacking the playing time/experience. I did listen to the posters here that said he didn't really have a high BBIQ and was lacking passion for the game, but I still thought he might come good after a while. I am not sure if it's Pop that destroyed his confidence early on by yanking him all the time or laying into him after he had him guard Kawhi one game where he got taken apart, I just don't know what the issue is with him. All I can say is, if he reaches anywhere close to his potential, you'll be getting a really good player. He still has a lot of talent and potential and maybe all he needs is a new coach and team to get him to start reaching it, or, maybe like posters here have said, he just doesn't have a passion for the game and is too low in his BBIQ (his lack of BBallIQ seems to show most on the defensive end) to get any better than an inconsistent scorer. Even if he doesn't reach his full potential for all his physical gifts (he also has decent/great form on his jump shot to go along with his physical gifts), he could still maybe be a great 6th man scorer such as Lou Williams. I think he had two ceilings 1. being close to a superstar level player due to his physical gifts and also having a decent form on his jump shot to go with it, and 2. being a 6th man of the year type of scorer off the bench. I think the first one has passed him by, but IMO he can still reach the other one as a 6th man in the mold of a Lou Williams for a good team where he's not the focal point of the offense. I don't know, maybe he could also learn to player better defense and end up being a better version of Lou Williams as he still has physical gifts that Lou didn't have athletically.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going out on a limb n saying 20pt games are gonna be more the norm if he gets the playing time
    Which will probably be good for -8 on the +/-. But he'll be a steal!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, I swear Lonnie did this like once a game.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean to take the same offer from a rival is pretty much throwing two middle fingers up at the team...I guess he could make it about winning
    If the money is equal who would pick San Antonio over LA?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lacked athleticism he gives us some.
    I think we could have used the 6.5 on a better player, but he a Rich Paul client so like THT and KCP we gotta overpay
    In Rich we trust so not sure why people trip on Pelinka Jeannie or the Rambii … no one wants to call a spade a spade we are run by KLUTCH for better (bubble champs) or worse two playoffs missed with Bron
    He's a poor man's James White. Waste of $6.5 million, but always fun to see the Lakers do stupid .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there's cost of living so he'll make less. And his years here n buying a house you'd think he'd have developed a sense of home or loyalty to the organization

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean to take the same offer from a rival is pretty much throwing two middle fingers up at the team...I guess he could make it about winning
    Yap .. He asked the spurs to rescind the offer so they did initiallly want the ability to match. He saw better opportunities at the lakers but was also keeping an eye on who the spurs dafted this year. Im sure Klutch had something to with the move too. I think he'll play with more freedom for sure .

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop won't be there but over time I could see Lebron being the one to destroy his confidence in other ways. Hopefully not, but I see this as Lebron's last chance for another le and if so and he comes in with a lot of pressure on the team, I don't know, things could all fall apart for Lonnie. I imagine Lonnie will be given a very specific role of what to do, and it might just be standing outside to shoot open 3s. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all setting up for another Lebron "wtf" type moment with Lonnie in the place of JR Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all setting up for another Lebron "wtf" type moment with Lonnie in the place of JR Smith.
    Walker will fit in with the very liberal outspoken James except when it effects his pocketbook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably your best shooting guard since jerry west tbh

SR21 on a roll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense was the main reason he was approached by the Lakers?

I like Lonnie more than most on this board but that's pretty funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's some next level scouting right there. Bravo, Lakers staff.

Wasn't Lonnie rated as like the third-worst defensive guard by some advanced stat (along with Bryn Forbes)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers approached Lonnie for his defense....wait wut..

No wonder that franchise is trash right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, if that's true then they really don't scout over there at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They extended a QO which he asked them to rescind to sign the same deal elsewhere....tf he talkin bout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They extended a QO which he asked them to rescind to sign the same deal elsewhere....tf he talkin bout
    I think maybe he feels it’s charity that FO just trying to do him good, but deeply he feels he’s not part of the long-term plan. they just drafted two guards. That’s pretty clear enough

Again I like Lonnie. I hate the Fakers but I’m rooting for him to drop 30 pts on the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think maybe he feels it’s charity that FO just trying to do him good, but deeply he feels he’s not part of the long-term plan. they just drafted two guards. That’s pretty clear enough

Again I like Lonnie. I hate the Fakers but I’m rooting for him to drop 30 pts on the Spurs
    Drop 30 and give up 50. The fact it took this long to get rid of him tells you how terrible PATFO really is.

Remember when Pop was a defense first guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop 30 and give up 50. The fact it took this long to get rid of him tells you how terrible PATFO really is.

Remember when Pop was a defense first guy?
    Yeah but he’s always a softy for overachievers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but he’s always a softy for overachievers
    Brynn Forbes and Matt Bonner are over acheivers. walker is literally the polar opposite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information