Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I don't know why the Lakers and 76ers are being slandered, when it's the the Craptors who have a recent history of not only employing, but actually continuing to play a minimal player like Davis a few years ago when the process for his domestic abuse case was playing out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I don't know why the Lakers and 76ers are being slandered, when it's the the Craptors who have a recent history of not only employing, but actually continuing to play a minimal player like Davis a few years ago when the process for his domestic abuse case was playing out.
    Imagine if we facilitate a trade for KD to the Raps and they ring again. They are a real threat in that sweepstakes with all that young talent Massai has been ac ulating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ might be worth helping the Raps out again if Massai would consider mentoring Brian Wright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright owned Masai in the Thad trade so Raptors may not want to deal with him again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright owned Masai in the Thad trade so Raptors may not want to deal with him again
    That was a pretty fair trade. So much so they re-upped Thad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well a few more days to go to see what happens with all that cap space money. Hopefully we walk with a bounty of unprotected picks which I'm sure is the asking price to help facilitate trades for others. I seriously don't see us going after anyone sizeable if we are trying to get in the lottery. Let the young guys play. Do we think our new draftees will be in Austin as long?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well a few more days to go to see what happens with all that cap space money. Hopefully we walk with a bounty of unprotected picks which I'm sure is the asking price to help facilitate trades for others. I seriously don't see us going after anyone sizeable if we are trying to get in the lottery. Let the young guys play. Do we think our new draftees will be in Austin as long?
    I think Sochan spends the majority of the year in SA. I think Wesley spends the majority of the year in Austin. I think Malaki will be somewhere in between.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m racking my brain for precedence in recent NBA history but coming up blank.

Innocent till proven guilty but those are some damning details and it’s not like he just he lost his cool and gave her a little shake, appears he went off.

there are certain fan bases who won’t give AF though and Philly is def one of them. Blazers did some heavy due diligence on Billups after his rape allegations before they hired him for coach so I don’t buy they would.

I think he stays in Charlotte on a short term, extreme discount as he is talented enough to be given a chance to rejuvenate himself with Lakers, Philly the only ones licking their chops.

NBA is pribably the hardest league to come back from something like that though.
    I mean they drafted a guy who got busted with cocaine, so ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan spends the majority of the year in SA. I think Wesley spends the majority of the year in Austin. I think Malaki will be somewhere in between.
    Sounds about right. I guess I was imagining a shorter time in Austin for Wesley and Malaki, as we are hopefully just trying to give the young guys experience this year. This is not to say Austin isn't extremely great for development, perhaps even moreso with them receiving a lot more pt down
    there. Again, well said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if we facilitate a trade for KD to the Raps and they ring again. They are a real threat in that sweepstakes with all that young talent Massai has been ac ulating.
    At the arrogance of this organization. One of their local media mouthpieces Granger is reporting they'd be unwilling to part with Barnes and Siakam (neither of which the Nets should be targeting anyway), so if true, once again this is about attention.

The Spurs got a 20th pick (and subsequently selected a lottery level talent with a skillset the Craptors could use) for an aging player to play a limited role on a non contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the arrogance of this organization. One of their local media mouthpieces Granger is reporting they'd be unwilling to part with Barnes and Siakam (neither of which the Nets should be targeting anyway), so if true, once again this is about attention.

The Spurs got a 20th pick (and subsequently selected a lottery level talent with a skillset the Craptors could use) for an aging player to play a limited role on a non contender.

They are always going to say the best guys aren’t available. Scottie Barnes might be off the table but any two of Siakim, OG, Van Fleet and Trent plus multiple FRPs (2-4) and Precious is a nice haul if something like that is on the table.

Regarding the Thad trade the Raps had to make a decision to buyout Dragic for nothing or salvage some value they didn’t give up an FRP in isolation it was actually a 12 spot pick swap: 20 for 32 and Thad. Ppl don't seem understand acquiring Thad got them his bird rights leaving them positioned to use their exception money elsewhere as an over the cap team. That trade worked out for all sides.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are always going to say the best guys aren’t available. Scottie Barnes might be off the table but any two of Siakim, OG, Van Fleet and Trent plus multiple FRPs (2-4) and Precious is a nice haul if something like that is on the table.

Regarding the Thad trade the Raps had to make a decision to buyout Dragic for nothing or salvage some value they didn’t give up an FRP in isolation it was actually a 12 spot pick swap: 20 for 32 and Thad. Ppl don't seem understand acquiring Thad got them his bird rights leaving them positioned to use their exception money elsewhere as an over the cap team. That trade worked out for all sides.
    Those clowns are probably offering Anunoby, Trent Jr. and picks/swaps. Even if they relent on Siakam, who cares? He's 28.

Getting Durant out of conference and getting a roughly 3.5 years younger Ingram along with whatever combination of non Williamson youth/picks (Murphy, Jones, Daniels, are on rookie scale contracts for 2-4 years) from a team who has rights to various Bucks/Lakers ones, makes a lot more sense.

I know, it was 13 spots and it made no sense for them. Pure arrogance presuming they'd get a similar caliber player at 33. You don't seem to understand that Young makes no sense for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those clowns are probably offering Anunoby, Trent Jr. and picks/swaps. Even if they relent on Siakam, who cares? He's 28.

Getting Durant out of conference and getting a roughly 3.5 years younger Ingram along with whatever combination of non Williamson youth/picks (Murphy, Jones, Daniels, are on rookie scale contracts for 2-4 years) from a team who has rights to various Bucks/Lakers ones, makes a lot more sense.

I know, it was 13 spots and it made no sense for them. Pure arrogance presuming they'd get a similar caliber player at 33. You don't seem to understand that Young makes no sense for them.
    Happy 4th of July from Vancouver… Did you wish your daddy Massai Happy Canada Day!?!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy 4th of July from Vancouver… Did you wish your daddy Massai Happy Canada Day!?!
    In other words, you concede.

Raptors fan boy in a city where they can't stand all things Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have just signed him as a free agent right now instead of forfeiting a first rounder to rent him for half a season and not do anything in the playoffs anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have just signed him as a free agent right now instead of forfeiting a first rounder to rent him for half a season and not do anything in the playoffs anyway
    They were already going to be at/over the cap so those bird rights allowed them to retain him and use their exceptions to add other players which is crucial for a team with a very short bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, you concede.

Raptors fan boy in a city where they can't stand all things Toronto.
    Haha Vancouver IS better and I grew up in the Greater Toronto Area and worked on Bay St for 7yrs. I’m absolutely not a Raptors fanboy and I despise Raps fans but I think that organization does well for itself lately. Either way enjoy the banter bro. I often agree with your takes.

Thread Information